Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Official Ask Discmania Thread (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103883)

fishballer06 09-30-2021 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acrosley (Post 3757807)
...but is the Evolution line going away or will there be more runs of those discs?

There's a meta Essence coming (The Zen, Perkins tour series). The Razor Claw 2 is also in the works. And if you scroll up a few posts, Discmania mentioned that there's some premium plastic Evolution putters coming in the mystery boxes this Christmas season.

seedlings 09-30-2021 11:26 AM

With new manufacturing, I wonder if the Active line will quietly step aside? Paying 2 other manufacturers is a lot of paying.

Agarner14 10-01-2021 11:46 AM

October Production Update
 
See Here: https://www.discmania.net/blogs/disc...update-october

Highlights:
- MD3 release on October 20 with EM Iron Samurai 3 in C-Line color glow shortly thereafter.
- DD3 getting released as EM Cloud Breaker 3 in S-Line plastic sometime in November
- C-Lin FD and PD coming in early 2022.
- Splice and Mutant Releases coming 2022 as well
- Multiple signature releases for 2021 still to come - Perkins Zen (Essence), Klein "Midnight Prowl", Montgomery "Arctic Fang"
- EM Razor Claw Tactic (Vapor plastic) coming in 2021 as well.

Should be a fun and ($$$) Fall/Winter

robdeforge 10-02-2021 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agarner14 (Post 3758224)
Highlights:
- MD3 release on October 20 with EM Iron Samurai 3 in C-Line color glow shortly thereafter.
- C-Lin FD and PD coming in early 2022.
- Splice and Mutant Releases coming 2022 as well
- EM Razor Claw Tactic (Vapor plastic) coming in 2021 as well.

Personally I'm most interested in these. color glow md3 especially. hopefully there is something for everybody!

ray1970 10-02-2021 07:51 PM

Almost bought some white P2’s at a local shop today. I tried to snatch a couple from Discmania when they were released but the white ones sold out quick. Managed to talk myself out of it since I’ve been putting pretty well with my current putters. Nice to see them in the shelves though.

seedlings 10-03-2021 04:27 PM

How do these machines work? When DM gets ‘caught up’ with P2s, can they unscrew the P2 mold and screw on the FD mold and up production of FDs? Or is it one machine = 1 mold?

wims 10-03-2021 04:30 PM

You can change molds around

DiscT 10-03-2021 05:49 PM

I have a question for all the Discmaniacs here. We will approach this dilemma as a poll in light of the recent announcements for the end of this production season…

I’ve never done a Mystery box and would likely only do it once. So…do I…

Option 1: shoot for one this year anticipating it being epic to try to reassert their hype and dominance in the market?

Or

Option 2: wait a year expecting another year under the belt of the new manufacturing facility will increase its epicness?

I could see Jussi making this year memorable but logic leans me toward next year. Any thoughts, advice, or insight from Discmania????

Fun to dream.

jakebake91 10-03-2021 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seedlings (Post 3758614)
How do these machines work? When DM gets ‘caught up’ with P2s, can they unscrew the P2 mold and screw on the FD mold and up production of FDs? Or is it one machine = 1 mold?

You unbolt one mold from the machine, bolt the next one in and reset the parameters on the controller and you're making new parts.

I'm guessing since all they run in this plant are discs (presumably), any mold could run on any machine at any time.

Discmania_Support 10-04-2021 01:13 PM

Discmania Support Reply
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by acrosley (Post 3757807)
I know the focus right now is on producing the origins molds (for good and obvious reasons), but is the Evolution line going away or will there be more runs of those discs?

Definitely not!

Quote:

Originally Posted by seedlings (Post 3757934)
With new manufacturing, I wonder if the Active line will quietly step aside? Paying 2 other manufacturers is a lot of paying.

No plans to discontinue any portion of Active line. These are great products and the manufacturer has been a crucial part of business for the last few years. We expect a fruitful relationship for years to come.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscT (Post 3758619)
I have a question for all the Discmaniacs here. We will approach this dilemma as a poll in light of the recent announcements for the end of this production season…

I’ve never done a Mystery box and would likely only do it once. So…do I…

Option 1: shoot for one this year anticipating it being epic to try to reassert their hype and dominance in the market?

Or

Option 2: wait a year expecting another year under the belt of the new manufacturing facility will increase its epicness?

I could see Jussi making this year memorable but logic leans me toward next year. Any thoughts, advice, or insight from Discmania????

Fun to dream.

Only one way to find out! Mystery boxes lately have contained a much higher volume of unreleased plastic than ever before. A customer going into a purchase expecting a box full of new Originals and first runs, etc will not get their wish but other than that, we've got some good stuff in the works.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.