Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   2019 trilogy throwing putter? (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134140)

treekickluv 05-14-2019 04:46 AM

2019 trilogy throwing putter?

so many new putters is out. how is it possible to choose from eg. gauntlet,marshal,crown.
how do they differ in flight?
my throwing putters right now is proxy and sinus.

im throwing putters around 280 ft.

Jolt 05-14-2019 06:29 AM

Well, its not easy. . i basicly bought them all ( not ALL but many of them ) and went out to the field and started throwing. . expensive but fun ( i like to test discs )
Id say many of the differ more in feel than in flight. . what kind of flight are you looking for?

SD86 05-14-2019 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treekickluv (Post 3451185)
so many new putters is out. how is it possible to choose from eg. gauntlet,marshal,crown.

Some don't differ in flight. The Westside Crown and the DD Marshal are very similar in feel and flight (as one example).

As to choosing which one, decide what you like best (beaded or non-beaded, more overstable or less overstable, deeper or more shallow, etc.), read up on the various discs, see if you can find one in a store to check the feel, and then buy one and see how you like it. Something will end up in your wheelhouse.

Sethamphetamine 05-14-2019 11:19 AM

Big fan of the shield for throwing. Stable enough that you can crush on it and power down for little upshots that need to go straight or have slight fade

treekickluv 05-14-2019 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolt (Post 3451187)
Well, its not easy. . i basicly bought them all ( not ALL but many of them ) and went out to the field and started throwing. . expensive but fun ( i like to test discs )
Id say many of the differ more in feel than in flight. . what kind of flight are you looking for?

Something that i can cycle and have different plastics of. Also fh friendly would be nice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD86 (Post 3451237)
Some don't differ in flight. The Westside Crown and the DD Marshal are very similar in feel and flight (as one example).

As to choosing which one, decide what you like best (beaded or non-beaded, more overstable or less overstable, deeper or more shallow, etc.), read up on the various discs, see if you can find one in a store to check the feel, and then buy one and see how you like it. Something will end up in your wheelhouse.

Exactly. I felt both marshal and crown.. but i believe the crown would fit better for cycle with bigger bead..

wolfmandragon 05-14-2019 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treekickluv (Post 3451185)

Those are both great molds. Unless there is a very sound reason, I would just stick with those.

Quote:

Originally Posted by treekickluv (Post 3451275)
Something that i can cycle and have different plastics of. Also fh friendly would be nice.

You can cycle an Envy into a Proxy, it comes in every plastic except Fission and it is fh friendly...

ILUVSMGS18 05-14-2019 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treekickluv (Post 3451275)

Just get some Harps and be done with it. Seriously the only correct answer.

aphilso1 05-14-2019 02:20 PM

Frankly, I bag mostly Trilogy but not in their putters. IMO Zone > Harp, Envy > Judge, and Proxy > anything straight or flippy that Trilogy makes. I love Trilogy mids and fairways but never liked throwing any of their putters. They do have a bunch of solid putting putters (Judge, Crown, etc) but I've always gotten a cleaner release and/or been more accurate off the tee with other brands' putters.

treekickluv 05-14-2019 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 (Post 3451324)
Just get some Harps and be done with it. Seriously the only correct answer.

Dont really jive with it either fh or bh
Quote:

Originally Posted by aphilso1 (Post 3451347)
Frankly, I bag mostly Trilogy but not in their putters. IMO Zone > Harp, Envy > Judge, and Proxy > anything straight or flippy that Trilogy makes. I love Trilogy mids and fairways but never liked throwing any of their putters. They do have a bunch of solid putting putters (Judge, Crown, etc) but I've always gotten a cleaner release and/or been more accurate off the tee with other brands' putters.

jmdaire27 05-14-2019 03:19 PM

Noticed the Maiden hasn't made the conversation yet. I have not thrown one, but I've thrown the tomb (specs are all very similar, flight and dimensions, but the tomb comes in premium plastic...).

Supposed to be pretty straight, and able to handle power. Shallow and flat.