Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   discmania FD- jackal ...its coming (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48575)

booter 12-03-2011 05:58 PM

u can order them on dgv in the candy fundraisers area,youll get them sooner than spring timewhen theyre actually released

Dookville 12-03-2011 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booter (Post 1112994)
u can order them on dgv in the candy fundraisers area,youll get them sooner than spring timewhen theyre actually released

Thanks Booter.

discspeed 12-03-2011 07:24 PM

I've been throwing my FTD a lot, and today I threw it a lot again. It has now had quite a few good knocks on pine trees and has broken in a bit. It is now holding out longer before fading, fading less in general, and gliding more. It also came up from a deeper hyzer into the wind today than it did when it was brand new (but didn't turn over). Evidently it is also taking less time for me to develop a connection with this disc than I thought because I was carving it up like a surgeon with it today. This disc is so glidey, straight, and slow turning that I must admit it really seems to have the characteristics I was hoping for to be able to make my bag (and be the perfect fairway for my style). At this point I would describe it as a disc with the stability, durability, and wind resistance of a premium plastic with the glide and flight line of a pro/baseline disc.

jdw80550 12-04-2011 12:15 AM

This thread has really made me angry, b/c it just cost me $13.95.

booter 12-04-2011 01:08 PM

buy some fd's guys. i think this disc is going to fit into alot of players bags. oh and buy some pds too :)

discspeed 12-04-2011 02:29 PM

One thing I haven't really posted about regarding the FD is how well it does powered down on low ceiling shots. Hole #1 (short middle position) at Taylor Park is only between 250' and 300' (I don't remember exactly), but it is very technical with the only conventional BH line being a very low ceiling S shot. Both in warmups and during the handicap today I finessed the FD on a slight anny release and it carved the hole exactly. This is so key to my game down here because as I've mentioned again and again course design in FL often revolves around low ceilings (no elevation). The FD is the first fairway that I've been able to throw how I want on many holes with touch and accuracy...All the other fairways I've used that were also good at low ceilings really needed to be powered to hit those lines, but the FD can do it with finesse. I really can't help it...I'm starting to get gaga over my FD. The only other discs I've seen or thrown that remind of the FD's flight at all are old seasoned CE TLs and CE Leopards.

booter 12-04-2011 02:38 PM

u get gaga over most new discs mike ;)

btw,i prefer the qjls for that shot your talking about.

discspeed 12-04-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booter (Post 1113821)
u get gaga over most new discs mike ;)

btw,i prefer the qjls for that shot your talking about.

I know, right, and it's been awhile since I got that feeling...

Are you talking CE QJLS? If so, I agree...I have a lot of the clear ones though, and they take a long time to get to that stability, and then they still take more effort for me. Also, it has sounded to this point like we've got pretty different discs (at least stabilty-wise).

booter 12-04-2011 03:00 PM

yep. ce qj ,i have some of the older flat qjls with the big QJLS stamp that are flat and those are much easier to work than the later ones.

yeah we did have different fd's,i was hoping mine would actually be like the rest of yalls but it wasnt. just a little more stable like my fresh clear qjls. i suppose i could beat mine in a little and it would be workable like yalls but i think ill just stick with my ce qjls since i have alot already.

JoshEpoo 12-04-2011 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by discspeed (Post 1113811)
One thing I haven't really posted about regarding the FD is how well it does powered down on low ceiling shots. Hole #1 (short middle position) at Taylor Park is only between 250' and 300' (I don't remember exactly), but it is very technical with the only conventional BH line being a very low ceiling S shot. Both in warmups and during the handicap today I finessed the FD on a slight anny release and it carved the hole exactly. This is so key to my game down here because as I've mentioned again and again course design in FL often revolves around low ceilings (no elevation). The FD is the first fairway that I've been able to throw how I want on many holes with touch and accuracy...All the other fairways I've used that were also good at low ceilings really needed to be powered to hit those lines, but the FD can do it with finesse. I really can't help it...I'm starting to get gaga over my FD. The only other discs I've seen or thrown that remind of the FD's flight at all are old seasoned CE TLs and CE Leopards.

Why not just throw a stable low flying mid like a Buzzz on this shot? Seems like there would be a lot less guess work in terms or release angle and power level...