Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   discmania FD- jackal ...its coming (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48575)

discspeed 11-14-2011 10:27 AM

I'm excited about this disc, especially seeing that pic. Personally I've found little use for speed 7 discs and I like this new class of faster discs with fairway-driver predictability and line shaping ability. I can throw them with less effort, which is something I'm embracing as I get older and more experienced. Since DM already has a completely overlapping line of speed 9-10 discs (CD/TD/PD), I'm hoping it is designed for a shorter range than those, or is at least in some ways much different.

curveball4 11-14-2011 10:29 AM

Pro Cheetah or Gazelle would be cool, I mean ones that aren't outrageous $ from the online store

SirRaph 11-14-2011 10:38 AM

Tough to tell from the pic, but it looks like the lower section of the wing has that Leo-esque angle change. Looks like fun!

booter 11-14-2011 10:43 AM

Im hoping for a leo wing. Mmmmm mini td?

Technohic 11-14-2011 10:46 AM

Leo wing sounds great at first; but then I wonder what it would offer me that a Leo already doesn't. Maybe just a little faster?

Triflusal 11-14-2011 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by discspeed (Post 1087160)
I'm excited about this disc, especially seeing that pic. Personally I've found little use for speed 7 discs and I like this new class of faster discs with fairway-driver predictability and line shaping ability. I can throw them with less effort, which is something I'm embracing as I get older and more experienced. Since DM already has a completely overlapping line of speed 9-10 discs (CD/TD/PD), I'm hoping it is designed for a shorter range than those, or is at least in some ways much different.

it seems like if this is a true speed 8 It will overlap a lot with TD/CDs (if it is stable to understable)

they should have slapped the gazelle bottom on an anhyzer top

Triflusal 11-14-2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technohic (Post 1087186)
Leo wing sounds great at first; but then I wonder what it would offer me that a Leo already doesn't. Maybe just a little faster?

this is actually a good question. One could argue that innovas fairway drivers are the best category of discs it makes. Its got the gazelle, leopard, eagle, teebird, TL, EL, banshee, whippet, and firebird. Even the cheetah is good if you are a low power player (I think that after around 300'ish feet they get unpredictably flippy). Those molds all shine compared to other molds from other companies in its class. Most other molds are either clones or slight variations of these. basically they are a bunch of teeagles and leopard/TL mixes. So it will be interesting to see what discmania tries to bring to the table that innova hasn't.

Scared_Discless 11-14-2011 11:40 AM

hmm...it sounds to me like DM is looking to make a disc similar to a River.

Sight unseen - I'm in for a test drive.

GLong 11-14-2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triflusal (Post 1087187)
they should have slapped the gazelle bottom on an anhyzer top

agreed!

New013 11-14-2011 12:07 PM

the specs seem to make it a domier TL ... yea screw that.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.