Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   discmania FD- jackal ...its coming (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48575)

ray1970 01-07-2020 09:24 PM

I was talking to the guys at the Discmania warehouse and they told me that the latest run of the swirly s-lines were pretty overatable and that they felt they flew just like the second run FDs. I havenít thrown mine yet to confirm this or prove otherwise. I picked them up as backups for the s-lines I am currently throwing.

discerdoo 01-07-2020 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ray1970 (Post 3534882)
I was talking to the guys at the Discmania warehouse and they told me that the latest run of the swirly s-lines were pretty overatable and that they felt they flew just like the second run FDs. I havenít thrown mine yet to confirm this or prove otherwise. I picked them up as backups for the s-lines I am currently throwing.

The DM dudes are correct. Your new swirlys won't be a good backup for your current s-lines, they will be a more OS compliment to them.

ray1970 01-07-2020 09:54 PM

I could use a little more beef in my FDs. It will be a while before I get to the swirlys unless I start losing them like crazy. I bag two of them and have three more regular s-lines on standby. Once those five discs are gone or no longer serviceable Iíll get to the swirlys.

Um... 01-08-2020 10:38 PM

Having thrown mine many times now, the swirly FD's are on the slightly OS side of a standard FD. That said, they're not 2nd run FD OS.

PMantle 01-09-2020 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by discerdoo (Post 3534890)
The DM dudes are correct. Your new swirlys won't be a good backup for your current s-lines, they will be a more OS compliment to them.

Awesome. I just ordered a swirly to go with my slightly worn S. Hoping they make a great team.

hurricaine 01-09-2020 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Um... (Post 3535228)
Having thrown mine many times now, the swirly FD's are on the slightly OS side of a standard FD. That said, they're not 2nd run FD OS.

yeah... definitely not second run. they are a bump up from FD's but still closer to an FD than a second one.

discerdoo 01-09-2020 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Um... (Post 3535228)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hurricaine (Post 3535405)
yeah... definitely not second run. they are a bump up from FD's but still closer to an FD than a second one.

I have 2 lightly worn second runs, both around 169g. Haven't thrown them in a while. I'll take them out with a 168g and 175g swirly and report back. My initial impression of the swirlys is they are every bit as HSS as the second runs.

ray1970 01-09-2020 04:44 PM

Let us know. I have a handful of FDs but no second runs.