Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Stiffer flight plate = more distance? (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140595)

GripEnemy 11-29-2021 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XDrocker (Post 3771562)
I BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i get most distance with stiff DX plastic!
just my opinion of course... ;)

That's reasonable with DX. The abrasions base plastic discs accumulate act like the dimples on a golf ball, breaking up the air surrounding the disc and aiding in distance. I can get more technical but yeah, with DX that makes sense I suppose.

More importantly, do you get more distance with a soft plate DX or a firm plate Champion/Star?

BogeyNoMore 11-29-2021 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three Putt (Post 3771637)
The best Soft X APX are yellow. White is acceptable. Orange is pushing it. All other colors are straight-up trash; only the yellow and white ones have the magic APX glide. I'm not sure why, but I'll die on that hill. :|

I suppose Zenbot will eulogize you after you die on that hill?

Three Putt 11-29-2021 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore (Post 3771651)
I suppose Zenbot will eulogize you after you die on that hill?

Why would you have someone who hates me eulogize me? Are you going to roast me after I'm dead or something?

BogeyNoMore 11-29-2021 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three Putt (Post 3771652)
Why would you have someone who hates me eulogize me? Are you going to roast me after I'm dead or something?

I was under the impression his feelings toward you are closer to "strongly despise," but fall short of true hatred.

ThrowaEnvy 11-29-2021 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GripEnemy (Post 3771642)
That's reasonable with DX. The abrasions base plastic discs accumulate act like the dimples on a golf ball, breaking up the air surrounding the disc and aiding in distance. I can get more technical but yeah, with DX that makes sense I suppose.

More importantly, do you get more distance with a soft plate DX or a firm plate Champion/Star?

DX is kinda different, I don't throw it but it makes things like a firebird controllable... biggest difference I noticed was between champ and star. I found those the most comparable. Straight line (champ) vs small S (star). Straightest line is always shortest distance between 2 points... but I'm still only talking about 5-10' (tops)

Stay away from MY yellow comets, they're all MINE I just haven't bought them yet.

Three Putt 11-29-2021 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore (Post 3771653)
I was under the impression his feelings toward you are closer to "strongly despise," but fall short of true hatred.

Don't fool yourself. If you aren't a Cheez-It cracker, he hates you.

You have never noticed the strange awesomeness that is a yellow Soft X APX? It's the next best thing to a swirl.

Three Putt 11-29-2021 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GripEnemy (Post 3771642)

Specifically with XD's I call Bull****. In the 90's the stiff DX for years came out domey, the soft DX came out flat. The flat XD's bombed. The best thing that happened to the XD in the 90's was when they started running them in the softer putter plastic from the Aviar PandA. Less dome; more bomb.

Stiff flight plates are hooey. :|

zenbot 11-29-2021 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three Putt (Post 3771652)

That was the idea. We already have a private social group forming your dais.

GripEnemy 11-29-2021 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three Putt (Post 3771663)
Specifically with XD's I call Bull****. In the 90's the stiff DX for years came out domey, the soft DX came out flat. The flat XD's bombed. The best thing that happened to the XD in the 90's was when they started running them in the softer putter plastic from the Aviar PandA. Less dome; more bomb.

Stiff flight plates are hooey. :|

Thanks for having my back:thmbup:

Just a, "thought experiment" to give others the benefit of the doubt lol

zenbot 11-29-2021 09:38 PM

Also I call BS on the stiff flight plate theory because my experience, not backed by any sort of science, is that PFN pro plastic has more "spring" out of your hand and goes farther.