Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Stiffer flight plate = more distance? (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140595)

zenbot 11-29-2021 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GripEnemy (Post 3771666)
Thanks for having my back:thmbup:

Just a, "thought experiment" to give others the benefit of the doubt lol

You know you're talking to a guy who never "bombed".

*pencils new joke in 3putt jokebook*

zenbot 11-29-2021 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three Putt (Post 3771663)
Stiff flight plates are hooey. :|

Ditto.

BogeyNoMore 11-29-2021 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three Putt (Post 3771660)
Don't fool yourself. If you aren't a Cheez-It cracker, he hates you.

You have never noticed the strange awesomeness that is a yellow Soft X APX? It's the next best thing to a swirl.

I actually had a yellow APX, but that was years ago. I can't recall whether it flew or felt any different. I've been bagging a white one for years. I'm positive I had it when we played Spencer Davis.

I have another just like it plus four swirls sitting in the practice basket in my garage. I use them whenever I pull my basket out.

But I've just gotten used to the one in my bag, so that's what I putt with. Seems to be just a bit less stable than the others, probs just from more use.

The good news is, I can miss chains just fine with any APX, so I'm really not all that picky. :|

Three Putt 11-29-2021 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenbot (Post 3771668)

NOT TRUE! All of my friends who were at open mike improv night said I bombed. SO THERE!

GripEnemy 11-29-2021 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenbot (Post 3771668)

*pencils new joke in 3putt jokebook*

Thanks for the lulz:D

Three Putt 11-29-2021 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore (Post 3771673)
I actually had a yellow APX, but that was years ago. I can't recall whether it flew or felt any different. I've been bagging a white one for years. I'm positive I had it when we played Spencer Davis.

I have another just like it plus four swirls sitting in the practice basket in my garage. I use them whenever I pull my basket out.

But I've just gotten used to the one in my bag, so that's what I putt with. Seems to be just a bit less stable than the others, probs just from more use.

The good news is, I can miss chains just fine with any APX, so I'm really not all that picky. :|

The APX was a "fix it" recommendation way back when; I prefer to torque monkey on a Wizard or KC Pro Aviar, but at one point I totally lost all ability to throw a putter and a guy said I should throw APX for a bit to get the touch back. I think I had a yellow and red one, the yellow one was more stable, had more glide, and was just better in every way.

I drop them and go back to the torque monkey as soon as they help me fix my problems, so when I need them I just buy more. Three times I bought them, three times the good one was the yellow one.

The last time I needed them somebody was unloading misprint Jawbreakers for $5 so I didn't get a yellow one. :\ My daughter stole my last soft X yellow one; I tried to get her to take a Jawbreaker one but she realized the yellow soft X was magic and took it.

BogeyNoMore 11-29-2021 11:45 PM

At least she kept it in the family.

Three Putt 11-30-2021 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore (Post 3771690)
At least she kept it in the family.

She's my doubles partner; I see that disc in the basket every week 'cause lord knows I'm not the good putter in that duo. :|

ThrowaEnvy 11-30-2021 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three Putt (Post 3771743)
She's my doubles partner; I see that disc in the basket every week 'cause lord knows I'm not the good putter in that duo. :|

Haha kids, thats where my coolest concert shirts went!

Hey I was looking for you... are orange elite X cyclones any good? I just bought one :D

...kinda in good faith because the guy thinks he has an orange scorpion.... :D :D scorpions have to be orange... duh.

Three Putt 11-30-2021 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy (Post 3771885)
Haha kids, thats where my coolest concert shirts went!

Hey I was looking for you... are orange elite X cyclones any good? I just bought one :D

...kinda in good faith because the guy thinks he has an orange scorpion.... :D :D scorpions have to be orange... duh.

Somebody say orange Scorpion?

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...pictureid=9000

Cyclones are weird. For me in X for some reason they just didn't go anywhere. They would ride the same lines as the TP Cyclones and pretty much act like a TP Cyclone, then land 20' short of where the TP Cyclones were landing. :\ Since I'm a weenie arm I didn't have 20' to give.

I did have an Orange 150g TP Cyclone (I still have it I think) that I got to try to quick beat into a turnover disc; it was weirdly stable for a Cyclone and didn't work at all for what I wanted it for but I threw it for a while.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...ictureid=39768