Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Disc Golf "Reality" Show (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77722)

keltik 12-13-2012 10:34 AM

Disc Golf "Reality" Show

This other thread about the Voice got me thinking. I generally don't like "reality competition shows" but apparently America just loves "reality".

so my question is would you guys watch a disc golf "reality" competition show along the lines of Top Shot/Ultimate Fighter? we could have blindfolded putting competitions hosted by the infamous Cam Todd, long distance driving competitions hosted by Avery Jenkins and Garrett Gurthie, thumber competitions hosted by Schwebby. Get Ken Climo and Barry Schultz (or some other Masters plus aged pros) to be the team captains and the last man standing gets a sponsorship and a spot in the USDGC or Pro Worlds for the next year. weekly webcast of tournaments where they compete head to head or in doubles etc. we don't have enough money to put this on tv so why not put it on the web.

thoughts?

Stan McDaniel 12-13-2012 10:36 AM

Would it conflict with King of the Hill reruns?

keltik 12-13-2012 10:39 AM

No Mr. McDaniel it fortunately would not (big KotH fan here too!) This would probably start as an internet broadcast only.

I just had some other ideas. Each "season" could be set in a different DG hot spot. one season in Charlotte, one in the Twin Cities, one in Austin, one in KC, one in California somewhere (you get the idea and please forgive me if I left out your favorite area.) All the players would bunk up in a house together and get into fights etc.

oh and just to make old Chuck Kennedy happy there would have to be at least one Super Class competition.

Halcón 12-13-2012 10:39 AM

I think most people who post here regularly would watch something like this, myself included.

General Scales 12-13-2012 10:46 AM

I would watch the crap out of that show. This is something that could be pitched to ESPN.

Martin Dewgarita 12-13-2012 10:49 AM

Yup, where do I send my application video?

A rod 12-13-2012 10:56 AM

Kinda thought this was going to be a joke thread but I like the idea. Should do it in whatever city worlds is being held in. Shoot why not make the show like pros vs joes in a reality setting. Couple pros, couple ams, randoms that would make things interesting

Martin Dewgarita 12-13-2012 10:59 AM

RVs touring the country's best disc golf courses.

curveball4 12-13-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigSky (Post 1729440)
I think most people who post here regularly would watch something like this, myself included.

I'd definitely watch it but I don't think there's any way a non DG'er would put much thought into it. Obviously I see it as more than "tossing frisbees" but people that don't play probably don't

keltik 12-13-2012 11:08 AM

yeah I'm fully aware that 99% of the U.S. population would think this is silly. Do you think this would gain any traction as a webcast? or do you think the interpersonal "drama" would be enough to counterbalance "hippy frisbee tosser" image and be suitable for TV? I mean come on they have reality competition shows for fashion models. They're just skinny girls wearing weird clothes.