Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V) (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133486)

elmexdela 10-17-2019 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfmandragon (Post 3508958)
I am comparing it to a fresh Drone or a fresh Gila. Both are more OS and have more glide.

discraft mids are superior

you wont be able to match drones os with glide

discspeed 10-18-2019 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfmandragon (Post 3508958)
I am comparing it to a fresh Drone or a fresh Gila. Both are more OS and have more glide.

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmexdela (Post 3509025)
discraft mids are superior

you wont be able to match drones os with glide

Admittedly I haven't had much experience with newer Drones, but back in my Buzz days I tested them exhaustively as an overstable compliment. I've thrown Ds and a few runs of Z. The Drone is blunter/slower and more overstable than the Pyro. I don't think it glides more at all if we are comparing Z to Proton. The Drone has more of a C-shape flight and even when seasoned it doesn't ever fly flat well. Like a mini Pred it wants to be turned over or fading. The Pyro holds flat lines and does it quite a bit faster than the Drone.

elmexdela 10-18-2019 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by discspeed (Post 3509149)
Admittedly I haven't had much experience with newer Drones, but back in my Buzz days I tested them exhaustively as an overstable compliment. I've thrown Ds and a few runs of Z. The Drone is blunter/slower and more overstable than the Pyro. I don't think it glides more at all if we are comparing Z to Proton. The Drone has more of a C-shape flight and even when seasoned it doesn't ever fly flat well. Like a mini Pred it wants to be turned over or fading. The Pyro holds flat lines and does it quite a bit faster than the Drone.

glo flx drone had hella glide

or esp

i really dont know anyone who throws z drones and i havent thrown a z in ages

i should have specified

ponder 10-19-2019 09:59 AM

So I'm thinking of getting another relay after giving mine away to a buddy. How does the switch compare to the relay? I will probably be pairing it up with either a Rival or a Crave for my slightly more overstable fairway.

elmexdela 10-19-2019 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponder (Post 3509622)
So I'm thinking of getting another relay after giving mine away to a buddy. How does the switch compare to the relay? I will probably be pairing it up with either a Rival or a Crave for my slightly more overstable fairway.

switch was a really stupid it had a ton of turn and a decent bite back think a really dramatic eagle flight

regardless if you pair a relay with a rival or switch or crave you really need another mold for that true os fairway slot

ponder 10-19-2019 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmexdela (Post 3509626)
switch was a really stupid it had a ton of turn and a decent bite back think a really dramatic eagle flight

regardless if you pair a relay with a rival or switch or crave you really need another mold for that true os fairway slot

Iíve only tried the crave in 160g proton and it wasnít pretty straight unless thrown hyzer or powered down. Was thinking a max weight eclipse when they are released to pair with a relay.

For me the rival is similar in stability to an eagle or teebird. Think it would make a good pair with a relay but havenít thrown one in a while. If I needed more stability I would probably just go to my firebird.

What would you pair with the relay as an OS compliment?

wolfmandragon 10-19-2019 10:37 AM

If I am playing out of my big bag, I use a K1 Kaxe for my OS Relay slot. If I am playing out of my crunchbox, I will use my 150g Proline Banzai.

Both the Kaxe and the Banzai have great glide but still resist turning over in a headwind.

ThrowaEnvy 10-19-2019 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponder (Post 3509628)
Iíve only tried the crave in 160g proton and it wasnít pretty straight unless thrown hyzer or powered down. Was thinking a max weight eclipse when they are released to pair with a relay.

For me the rival is similar in stability to an eagle or teebird. Think it would make a good pair with a relay but havenít thrown one in a while. If I needed more stability I would probably just go to my firebird.

What would you pair with the relay as an OS compliment?

Well if the Crave isn't stable enough the Volt is the next logical step, I wouldn't bother with the Switch then for sure. It is goofy I like it but it's got a weird turn sometimes I love the late bite. Honestly for me I use a fission Photon for that role in a lighter weight than my Relay.

elmexdela 10-19-2019 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponder (Post 3509628)
Iíve only tried the crave in 160g proton and it wasnít pretty straight unless thrown hyzer or powered down. Was thinking a max weight eclipse when they are released to pair with a relay.

For me the rival is similar in stability to an eagle or teebird. Think it would make a good pair with a relay but havenít thrown one in a while. If I needed more stability I would probably just go to my firebird.

What would you pair with the relay as an OS compliment?

volt

or champ or star teebird

wolfmandragon 10-19-2019 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmexdela (Post 3509642)
volt

or champ or star teebird

I can agree with the Volt. It's enough faster I didn't really consider it... but he did mention Firebird.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.