Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V) (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133486)

ThrowaEnvy 11-20-2022 10:13 PM

Got my box, posted it in the gyropalooza thread..

Proxy blue glow 171g
Envy blue glow
R2 signal 159g
Reactor 172 N
Crave 167 N
Servo 159 N
Motion 162 N
Photon 165 F?
Virus 170 P
Paradox 178 watermelon P
Uplink 175
Tantrum 172
Terra 174
Tenacity 172

Hmmm and here it is again haha. Really have to hand it to MVP for the better mix of discs. Of course I say that because I'm moderately happy with moderate expectations but I could make myself a bag out of the box.

I've seen a couple people dissatisfied either with it being too heavy or too light but the intentional mix is worth the extra couple bucks this year. Always nice to have a good mix of stuff for gifts/ loaners etc. Been curious about a terra but I wasn't going to lay down $30 to try it, same with the motion, virus and the signal was a nice surprise. Interested in exploring it and the virus first

mas30066 11-21-2022 08:50 AM

So, the one non-MVP disc that I really wish I had back was a lightweight S Line DD3. Couldn’t generate enough BU spin, but it was stunning when the FH would hook up. Just ordered a Fission Octane as a potential option for that role. Any other suggestions within the camp for a smooth Destroyer type?

mas30066 11-21-2022 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mas30066 (Post 3852636)
So, the one non-MVP disc that I really wish I had back was a lightweight S Line DD3. Couldn’t generate enough BU spin, but it was stunning when the FH would hook up. Just ordered a Fission Octane as a potential option for that role. Any other suggestions within the camp for a smooth Destroyer type?

That would be BH. Bizarro autocorrect. Also, take care of your elbows, folks. Shutting it down for a couple weeks to recover.

madbrad 11-22-2022 06:15 PM

Just popped in to say something dumb

But so that your question doesnt get lost in the mix, I don't know, what mvp disc would be most like a destroyer?

My dumb comment is this. If disc golf was Starcraft, MVP would be the Protoss.

(Who'd be Zerg, maybe Discraft?)

gooberau 11-22-2022 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mas30066 (Post 3852636)
Just ordered a Fission Octane as a potential option for that role. Any other suggestions within the camp for a smooth Destroyer type?

I would have said Octane, but I don't throw a lot of high speed stuff.

I occasionally throw a 157g Octane and 150g Defy - they fly very similar to my G-Star Destroyer, but longer.

Muiriddin 11-22-2022 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madbrad (Post 3853007)
Just popped in to say something dumb

But so that your question doesnt get lost in the mix, I don't know, what mvp disc would be most like a destroyer?

My dumb comment is this. If disc golf was Starcraft, MVP would be the Protoss.

(Who'd be Zerg, maybe Discraft?)

The Zerg would be Gateway, and the Zerg rush should be renamed the wizard rush, they make them in so many plastic blends they have to have aliens in that factory in Missouri!

lee76007 11-23-2022 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mas30066 (Post 3852636)
So, the one non-MVP disc that I really wish I had back was a lightweight S Line DD3. CouldnÂ’t generate enough BU spin, but it was stunning when the FH would hook up. Just ordered a Fission Octane as a potential option for that role. Any other suggestions within the camp for a smooth Destroyer type?

The Plasma Octane reminded of throwing the Halo Destroyer in both grip and flight, with the Octane a smoother glide and more distance. Neutron Excite reminded me of a Star Destroyer in the grip, but the Destroyer more dominant with the wind. So far nothing in MVP compares to a G-Star Destroyer. However, the past few weeks we've had the wind pickup in Virginia Beach as usual this time of the year 15-30 mph gusty over 40 and will get stronger in the winter months. Both the Octane, Excite, and Catalyst fared poorly so they were traded in for non-MVP discs. I kept the Neutron Relativity nice glide in lighter winds, and longer distance. I really wish I hadn't traded away my G-Star Destroyer last winter's wind disc when I started flipping my bag to MVP this past spring. I enjoy throwing in stronger wind, and at the moment I'm auditioning a handful of other discs to fill the void in higher disc speed that will hold the wind, that doesn't seem available with MVP. In lower speed discs I've found that the Plasma's will hold the wind, just not the Octane.

discerdoo 11-23-2022 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lee76007 (Post 3853178)
Both the Octane, Excite, and Catalyst fared poorly so they were traded in for non-MVP discs.

That'll cost you a seat on team gyro, bro!

ThrowaEnvy 11-24-2022 08:50 PM

Threw the heck out some eclipse envy tonight...

When the f### are we getting a decent eclipse fairway??? Like seriously. I'm tired of looking for my Halloween crave 1.0, the envy just jumps at me, even the one with the rainbow dye job.

Eclipse Relay Now!!!
ERN ERN ERN

edmunder 11-24-2022 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy (Post 3853348)
Threw the heck out some eclipse envy tonight...

When the f### are we getting a decent eclipse fairway??? Like seriously. I'm tired of looking for my Halloween crave 1.0, the envy just jumps at me, even the one with the rainbow dye job.

Eclipse Relay Now!!!
ERN ERN ERN

Relays have been broken for a while and many are more stable than craves.

I want Glow2.0 Signal. Probably fly like a Zombee and have amazing glow.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.