Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Most popular discs you never tried (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134588)

DiscJunkie 07-19-2019 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwalk77 (Post 3474822)
I've never thrown a Comet, but I'm mighty curious about it. I throw a Buzzz so I feel like that's close enough. And I mostly play at an open course, not wooded. Maybe some day I'll pull the trigger

Comet is nothing like a Buzzz.
Well, they're both round and plastic...
They have very different speed requirements and flight paths.

To the OP:
Never thrown anything DD.
Never thrown MVP, but I have a few Envies.
Haven't really tried anything that's come out in the last few years.
I've come to the conclusion that I suck.
And no disc is going to fly any better for me than any other until I learn to hit a line.
Why spend money on new plastic if I can't control the plastic I already have?
:\

dwalk77 07-19-2019 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscJunkie (Post 3474845)
Comet is nothing like a Buzzz.
Well, they're both round and plastic...
They have very different speed requirements and flight paths.
:\

I don't disagree, but as a minimalist, if I'm going to take one mid on an open, windy course, it's going to be a Buzzz over a Comet.

elmexdela 07-20-2019 12:15 AM

whats the difference between sexybird and firebird

DiscJunkie 07-20-2019 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmexdela (Post 3474861)
whats the difference between sexybird and firebird

What I have been told is that the Sexton Tour Series Firebird (SexyBird) was molded for increased glide.

wolfhaley 07-20-2019 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocthecourse (Post 3474635)
Polecat, one of these days I am going to get my hands on one.

Oh the good old rollcat...I mean polecat. I got a nice lime green dx one just calling your name in the other room. You'll absolutely love it like I did for some reason years ago:doh:

wolfhaley 07-20-2019 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orioles_Lefty (Post 3474816)
A Groove.

Well played sir. I was going to say the same thing. But honestly I've somehow never thrown a yao phoenix. Only the Hu phoenix. I know, I know everyone's throw the Yao. I'm behind the times.

Moose33 07-20-2019 08:47 AM

I actually like the Yao... and if you ever did want to try it the Phoenix is the better plastic for its flight. Dragon molds up too domey...

elmexdela 07-20-2019 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscJunkie (Post 3474878)
What I have been told is that the Sexton Tour Series Firebird (SexyBird) was molded for increased glide.

wouldnt that be a star firebird then just with a cool name and in champ plastic :confused:

Suspect 07-20-2019 09:45 AM

Buzzz

perklc 07-20-2019 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swhite (Post 3474812)
I am a bit of a disc junkie, so I chose to think of this in terms of discs that are very popular right now.

Otherwise, I would be saying something like, "I've never thrown a, um, ... Discraft Wildcat." To which people will respond with, "Discraft Wildcat!? That hasn't been in production for years." To which I will apologize with, "Sorry. I was having trouble finding another one."

You're in luck! The Wildcat is one of the 3 Discraft Ace Race discs this year :D