Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Most popular discs you never tried (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134588)

swhite 07-20-2019 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perklc (Post 3474918)
You're in luck! The Wildcat is one of the 3 Discraft Ace Race discs this year :D

:thmbup:

I look forward to trying all three of the Ace Race Classics that are coming out this year. I've thrown the Hawk in Pro D, but want to try it in premium plastic. The Wildcat and Eclipse will both be first timers for me.

It would be cool if Discraft and Innova each put out a bunch of retro molds for newer players to try.

filobedo 07-20-2019 10:14 AM

Never thrown any disc with a DD stamp.

Central Scrutinizer 07-20-2019 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swhite (Post 3474921)
:thmbup:

It would be cool if Discraft and Innova each put out a bunch of retro molds for newer players to try.

I've been saying for years Innova should put out a Champion Ram. The ones I threw 20 years ago were very overstable until you hit about 4 or 5 trees. I'd guess you could chop down a tree with a Champion Ram and it would still fly the same.

They did the Barracuda in Champ plastic a few years ago. Why not do the Ram?

Pymm 07-20-2019 12:32 PM

Never thrown a Teebird, Firebird, or a Zone or any Discmania or Prodigy stuff, except for the FD, which I throw all all the time.

Bardu 07-20-2019 12:38 PM

Cloudbreaker

GoobyPls 07-20-2019 02:17 PM

Zone. I tried Harps first and love them. No real need for competition in that slot, really

slowplastic 07-20-2019 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmexdela (Post 3474904)
wouldnt that be a star firebird then just with a cool name and in champ plastic :confused:

They feel really gummy and they are generally pretty flat, but without the FAF stability. Basically they feel incredible and have that mellower Firebird flight. I don't disagree that it's similar to star Firebirds in flight but generally you need to go with a domier one in those cases. I think you can go to an FD3 or a more stable Felon too for a similar slot without the price if you're not picky.

Emoney 07-20-2019 04:50 PM

Destroyer or Firebird

wolfmandragon 07-20-2019 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwalk77 (Post 3474822)
I've never thrown a Comet, but I'm mighty curious about it. I throw a Buzzz so I feel like that's close enough. And I mostly play at an open course, not wooded. Maybe some day I'll pull the trigger

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwalk77 (Post 3474858)
I don't disagree, but as a minimalist, if I'm going to take one mid on an open, windy course, it's going to be a Buzzz over a Comet.

You have never thrown a Comet but you already have an opinion about why you won't throw one.

Heavy Comets can be wonderful tailwind discs. If thrown clean and flat, headwinds are not an issue either. Exposing the bottom of the disc to a cross wind.... yeah, that will send it OB, that's the big danger of mixing Comets and wind.

As for a popular discs I have never thrown, other than recent Trilogy molds, the Boss is all I can think of.

R-Ogre 07-20-2019 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfmandragon (Post 3474981)
You have never thrown a Comet but you already have an opinion about why you won't throw one.

Heavy Comets can be wonderful tailwind discs. If thrown clean and flat, headwinds are not an issue either. Exposing the bottom of the disc to a cross wind.... yeah, that will send it OB, that's the big danger of mixing Comets and wind.

As for a popular discs I have never thrown, other than recent Trilogy molds, the Boss is all I can think of.

Comet in field practice with a headwind can make for some completely impractical, but still fun and absurd hyzer flips.