Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Official Ask Discmania Thread (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103883)

Flick Maniac 05-11-2018 09:45 AM

G-PD?

Discmania_Support 05-11-2018 10:33 AM

Discmania Support Reply
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jskew113 (Post 3304443)
Discmania: Please give us some PMD3 throwers

They are coming. We have them and just need to find time to stamp them. About a week or so and we should be set

Quote:

Originally Posted by broomerang (Post 3305506)
Have any runs of MD2 been flat? I'd like to bag one for standstills, I absolutely love the MD for them but want that MD3 flight.

The original runs of MD2 were pretty flat. Some were very flat. We have seen that the new run of MD coming will be pretty flat as well and they feel amazing!

Discmania_Support 05-11-2018 10:41 AM

Discmania Support Reply
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lenfantsuave (Post 3306044)
I recently talked to a dealer who said that the Fiend stamp was coming back. Please say it is so. This is my favorite of the old school stamps and the md2 is such a great mold.

Unfortunately it is not so. There is a chance that some versions in the future will have a nod to the old design but that's about it. Some of that stock was some stuff from the East coast most likely. We still have some tricks up our sleeves though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrotherDave (Post 3306429)
Since P-PDs are no more, what's the best Discmania substitute, flight and feel-wise?

I would have to agree with CD2. Though an S-Line one is always a safe bet. Those ones fly quite a bit less stable and if you take the time to beat it up just a bit, aside from the grip of P-Line, the flight should be comparable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusch_bag (Post 3306458)
Besides max weight, not really. Disc golf center has none, infinite discs barely has any, marshall street doesn't have any, gotta go gotta throw doesn't have any, dgustore doesn't have any, sun king doesn't have any. I really want one that isn't freakin yellow. Please make more :(

They are coming. We do have a nice assortment of heavy ones on the store but a new batch is scheduled to run in July

BrotherDave 05-11-2018 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgamache8 (Post 3306437)
Out of the box- cd2, but a beat in s-pd would fit the bill better

I have a S-PD that's beaten in that flippy but it's kind of squirrely compared to my beat P-PD actually. The S has more turn and more fade whereas the P just turns and drifts with minimal fade. I dunno. I just remembered I've got a light S and P-PD in a box somewhere, I might try both of those.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flick Maniac (Post 3306541)
G-PD?

I haven't tried one of those but my experience with G* could be what I'm looking for, thanks.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Discmania_Support (Post 3306582)
I would have to agree with CD2. Though an S-Line one is always a safe bet. Those ones fly quite a bit less stable and if you take the time to beat it up just a bit, aside from the grip of P-Line, the flight should be comparable.

Does the CD2 have the anhyzer top? My hands really like those for some reason. Cheers.

Meillo 05-13-2018 01:10 AM

Are there S-Line P3 planned, or P-Line maybe? That would be great.

The P3 is an important disc in my bag. But it looks as if it stands much in the shadows of the P2 and P1x. How's the future looking for the mold?

And finally, could you explain about the flight numbers change? I've got one with 3/2/0/3 (first ordered) and one with 3/2/0/2 (later ordered). The latter numbers appear to be a correction, because that's more what it flies ... but the website still says 3/2/0/3. https://www.discmania.net/product/p3/

Grippenripp 05-14-2018 07:15 AM

Where can I find CD2??

mason43 05-14-2018 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meillo (Post 3307029)
Are there S-Line P3 planned, or P-Line maybe? That would be great.

The P3 is an important disc in my bag. But it looks as if it stands much in the shadows of the P2 and P1x. How's the future looking for the mold?

And finally, could you explain about the flight numbers change? I've got one with 3/2/0/3 (first ordered) and one with 3/2/0/2 (later ordered). The latter numbers appear to be a correction, because that's more what it flies ... but the website still says 3/2/0/3. https://www.discmania.net/product/p3/


The P3 is also a very important disc in my bag and agree that we need some s-lines or a softer driver p-line would be amazing.
The flight number change came at the time the retool was done to the P3 last year. The ones marked with the fade of 2 should be the retooled version and are actually slightly more stabe then the original run.

robdeforge 05-15-2018 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grippenripp (Post 3307248)
Where can I find CD2??

are you looking for c-line or g-line? there are some on the discmania store

Owensjef 05-15-2018 01:40 PM

New fd2 are up. Funny how people are buying 20 at a time (obviously for upsales). This happens with every single release, despite the molds. Can't help but continue to ween from DM, which really sucks. I'll be back when you can tamo up production to kill the craziness to buy you're producta

broomerang 05-15-2018 11:02 PM

Couple of questions awaiting official response:

When are S-Line CD2 planned to be released again?

When is the FD2 going to see a run in C-Line?

Thanks much!

thursdaddy 05-16-2018 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owensjef (Post 3307778)
New fd2 are up. Funny how people are buying 20 at a time (obviously for upsales). This happens with every single release, despite the molds. Can't help but continue to ween from DM, which really sucks. I'll be back when you can tamo up production to kill the craziness to buy you're producta

There are plenty of them still up on the store? Who cares if people are buying 20 of them...

It's also a fundraising disc, so the more purchased the better for the sport...

Sorry, just confused by this logic.

Owensjef 05-16-2018 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thursdaddy (Post 3308038)
There are plenty of them still up on the store? Who cares if people are buying 20 of them...

It's also a fundraising disc, so the more purchased the better for the sport...

Sorry, just confused by this logic.

you're confused by the logic of low supply continues to yield high demand and substantially increases prices? If you miss the initial sales, you have no choice but to move to the 2nd hand market and pay ransoms for discs.

Don't be confused, people can buy 50. I'm just not going to buy discs for 2x-3x stock prices because the supply is low. Too many other good discs and companies to find daily, with tons of stock available.

thursdaddy 05-16-2018 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owensjef (Post 3308303)
you're confused by the logic of low supply continues to yield high demand and substantially increases prices? If you miss the initial sales, you have no choice but to move to the 2nd hand market and pay ransoms for discs.

Don't be confused, people can buy 50. I'm just not going to buy discs for 2x-3x stock prices because the supply is low. Too many other good discs and companies to find daily, with tons of stock available.

The confusion lied in the fact that there are still hundreds available on the store. No one is forcing you to purchase for 2x-3x the price. Awesome products are the reason for high demand, not low supply stocks. At the end of the day they are a business, they cant pay their bills with over-produced plastic that hasn't sold yet.

I should of worded it differently, my apologies if I came off as offensive. Happy huckin!

jjmiller 05-18-2018 09:28 PM

Did p-line md3's ever come out?

I guess even if they did, they're gone now...

broomerang 05-18-2018 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjmiller (Post 3309285)
Did p-line md3's ever come out?

I guess even if they did, they're gone now...

Small run came out during the spring event. I believe they said another "normal" run will come out again later this year.

Discmania_Support 05-21-2018 10:22 AM

Discmania Support Reply
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meillo (Post 3307029)
Are there S-Line P3 planned, or P-Line maybe? That would be great.

The P3 is an important disc in my bag. But it looks as if it stands much in the shadows of the P2 and P1x. How's the future looking for the mold?

And finally, could you explain about the flight numbers change? I've got one with 3/2/0/3 (first ordered) and one with 3/2/0/2 (later ordered). The latter numbers appear to be a correction, because that's more what it flies ... but the website still says 3/2/0/3. https://www.discmania.net/product/p3/

Great news! We have a new production run of D-Line P3 and C-Line P3 ready to be stamped. C-Line is still being made but we have some on hand for the time being. This run feels pretty awesome and are excited to get some heavier ones back out there. As far as the flight numbers go, the fade of 2 is correct now. Though the flight of the MD3 and the P3 did not change, the numbers now reflect what they should have said in the first place. P3 will be back soon!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grippenripp (Post 3307248)
Where can I find CD2??

CD2's are in production at the moment. About half of them are done so far, just waiting on the final plastic to finish and we can get those in stock as well. Less than a month ETA

Quote:

Originally Posted by broomerang (Post 3308007)
Couple of questions awaiting official response:

When are S-Line CD2 planned to be released again?

When is the FD2 going to see a run in C-Line?

Thanks much!

S-Line CD2 will be back very soon

FD2 has a C-Line production this year most likely

Discmania_Support 05-21-2018 10:25 AM

Discmania Support Reply
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Owensjef (Post 3308303)
you're confused by the logic of low supply continues to yield high demand and substantially increases prices? If you miss the initial sales, you have no choice but to move to the 2nd hand market and pay ransoms for discs.

Don't be confused, people can buy 50. I'm just not going to buy discs for 2x-3x stock prices because the supply is low. Too many other good discs and companies to find daily, with tons of stock available.

We still have plenty online for you! We did a larger batch release of these so everyone could try out as many of a band new thing as they wanted. Have no fear!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjmiller (Post 3309285)
Did p-line md3's ever come out?

I guess even if they did, they're gone now...

P-MD3's are here in full force. We just need to stamp them up and send 'em off. About a week most likely. They feel great too! Just a little bit of dome compared to the flatter run last time.

jjmiller 05-21-2018 11:04 AM

Awesome! Any idea if that dome makes them more or less stable?

Anthony_G 05-21-2018 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discmania_Support (Post 3310019)
Great news! We have a new production run of D-Line P3 and C-Line P3 ready to be stamped. C-Line is still being made but we have some on hand for the time being. This run feels pretty awesome and are excited to get some heavier ones back out there. As far as the flight numbers go, the fade of 2 is correct now. Though the flight of the MD3 and the P3 did not change, the numbers now reflect what they should have said in the first place. P3 will be back soon!

:D:D Yes! :clap::clap:

Discmania_Support 05-22-2018 04:03 PM

Discmania Support Reply
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjmiller (Post 3310051)
Awesome! Any idea if that dome makes them more or less stable?

To be determined. We'll make it out there and do some testing tomorrow perhaps. Tentative guesstimation is that they will be a touch less stable and definitely more glide.

McPoot 05-28-2018 05:34 AM

Someone told me X-Line P1Xs won't be made anymore. Please tell me that's not true! Max weight ones are pretty hard to come by.

Also, any news or spicy tidbits on the MD5? Or a run of P-Line PD2s in the near future?

Grippenripp 05-29-2018 02:06 AM

Where in the hell are S lone PD2S? I really want to try a lot more of Discmania stuff but its like you're forcing some kind of collector market to exist for your stuff? Maybe I am wrong.

Casey 1988 05-29-2018 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owensjef (Post 3308303)
you're confused by the logic of low supply continues to yield high demand and substantially increases prices? If you miss the initial sales, you have no choice but to move to the 2nd hand market and pay ransoms for discs.

Don't be confused, people can buy 50. I'm just not going to buy discs for 2x-3x stock prices because the supply is low. Too many other good discs and companies to find daily, with tons of stock available.

Could be some are buying the disc from there for their sports and Disc stores as the disc is only sold on the on the website.

thursdaddy 05-29-2018 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grippenripp (Post 3313310)
Where in the hell are S lone PD2S? I really want to try a lot more of Discmania stuff but its like you're forcing some kind of collector market to exist for your stuff? Maybe I am wrong.

infinitediscs, lunapark, ebay, marshall street to name a few..

Hea7hcliff 05-29-2018 03:58 PM

Do you have any information about d-line md3 or md4?

That would be a nice addition.

Jenga54 05-29-2018 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owensjef (Post 3308303)
Don't be confused, people can buy 50. I'm just not going to buy discs for 2x-3x stock prices because the supply is low. Too many other good discs and companies to find daily, with tons of stock available.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grippenripp (Post 3313310)
Where in the hell are S lone PD2S? I really want to try a lot more of Discmania stuff but its like you're forcing some kind of collector market to exist for your stuff? Maybe I am wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thursdaddy (Post 3313417)
infinitediscs, lunapark, ebay, marshall street to name a few..

Theres a guy on the DiscMania Collectors page on Facebook also claiming that basically the common man can't afford to throw DiscMania, because everything is so expensive.

If you're on a collector page, looking at rare stuff, yep it's going to be barely more to significantly more than a retail disc... Just like any collector page. Lemme tell you about Innova Prices these days...

If you have specific Runs/ Plastics/ Swirls/ Weights/ Colors/ Molds/ Stamps that you need, that can be a collectors item, and some people enjoy having and paying for those to be honest.

There are also tons of folks ready to ship stock for regular old retail. Myself included.

I think if you spend too much time on a Collector page and no where else, you're head gets a little stuffy.

Anthony_G 05-29-2018 04:36 PM

When are the new D-P3's gonna hit store shelves?

Grippenripp 05-29-2018 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thursdaddy (Post 3313417)
infinitediscs, lunapark, ebay, marshall street to name a few..

Im picky about color/weight so..... No.

Jenga54 05-29-2018 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grippenripp (Post 3313589)
Im picky about color/weight so..... No.

Infinite shows the weight and actual picture of each individual disc. It's quite a good option.
Of course on a Facebook post I can send a pic of all the discs I have available, but that takes a lot of time most people don't always have.

Grippenripp 05-29-2018 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenga54 (Post 3313621)
Infinite shows the weight and actual picture of each individual disc. It's quite a good option.
Of course on a Facebook post I can send a pic of all the discs I have available, but that takes a lot of time most people don't always have.

I do not have Facebook. Ibe checked Infinite and they dont have what I want. If you have yellow pink white or blue max weight you can feel free to message me here and i can give ya my e-mail

hartigan5279 05-30-2018 12:58 PM

Nate Perkins signature series Color Glow C Line FD is up on the Discmania Store

Tigga 05-30-2018 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grippenripp (Post 3313624)
I do not have Facebook. Ibe checked Infinite and they dont have what I want. If you have yellow pink white or blue max weight you can feel free to message me here and i can give ya my e-mail


There's 2 of your 3 color options in 175g S-line PD2s on discmania's site..

Jenga54 06-01-2018 08:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Mystery Boxes Today Guyz

Reniger 06-01-2018 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenga54 (Post 3314779)
Mystery Boxes Today Guyz

$50 for 3 discs. Not out of line with their normal prices. But $12 shipping? Come on. That is just ridiculous.

icebat 06-01-2018 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reniger (Post 3314868)
$50 for 3 discs. Not out of line with their normal prices. But $12 shipping? Come on. That is just ridiculous.

I think it's 4-6 discs in the small box, but I agree with the shipping. I won't be buying one. Kind of turns me off from Discmania honestly. I understand that shipping isn't cheap, but that seems like they are putting 100% if not more of the shipping costs on the customer. I'll continue to throw Fd's and Cd2's, but if I ever need to pick up another it will be from DGC.

Jenga54 06-01-2018 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reniger (Post 3314868)
$50 for 3 discs. Not out of line with their normal prices. But $12 shipping? Come on. That is just ridiculous.

150% Value in each box
We do not want to let our customers down, so we assure that the content of each Mystery Box is worth at least 1.5 times the purchasing price. With this box this means youíll get at least $75 worth of plastic, which typically means around 5 discs, most of them being in premium plastics. However, itís possible that thereís 4 or 6 discs in this box, depending on the plastics and the prices of the discs included in the box.

And it's fun getting a mystery box, but you don't have to..

Reniger 06-04-2018 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icebat (Post 3314969)
I think it's 4-6 discs in the small box, but I agree with the shipping. I won't be buying one. Kind of turns me off from Discmania honestly. I understand that shipping isn't cheap, but that seems like they are putting 100% if not more of the shipping costs on the customer. I'll continue to throw Fd's and Cd2's, but if I ever need to pick up another it will be from DGC.

Three. 3 discs. So, like I said. So, not a bad price for the plastic. "150% value" as Jenga quoted. But, the $12 shipping is just silly. Shipping and logistics fall into part of my job and saying that $12 is the cheapest for a 8x8x8 box that weighs less than 3 lbs is just false. Getting up over $60 for some discs where the premise is "You get one special unknown and unseen disc and two stock stamps" is a no-go for me.

DonOfFinland 06-06-2018 03:08 AM

Any information on the new s-line pd3 that Simon was throwing for rollers in San Fransisco? ��

Flick Maniac 06-06-2018 07:46 AM

Its just a joke stamp for now. Eagle has one on a Metal Flake Max too.

jjmiller 06-08-2018 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discmania_Support (Post 3310020)
P-MD3's are here in full force. We just need to stamp them up and send 'em off. About a week most likely. They feel great too! Just a little bit of dome compared to the flatter run last time.

Posted on 5/21. Sure has been a long week...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.