Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rules Questions & Discussion (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Rules around when someone leaves their tag at home? (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140624)

Broham 11-27-2021 07:37 PM

Rules around when someone leaves their tag at home?

Is there a rule around what should be done if a group is playing and one of the people has left their tag at home?

I played a round with a friend of mine who I rarely beat this afternoon. I ended up getting the better of him and winning the round but when I asked him for his tag he said hed left it at home and therefore wasnt in play. We were playing in an official PDGA singles weekly.

Obviously Im a little butthurt lol, but Im curious if anyone knows of any official rules around this type of situation. If so, Id love a link to anything official.

Thanks

ThrowaEnvy 11-27-2021 07:47 PM

Seems to me tags are a local club thing... I haven't seenany official rules but that means nothing. any tag stuff I've been in has been singles usually one on one, with a couple throw the tags in a hat deals.. It's usually declared as a tag round IME.. If you two always play for tags on like Saturday then it might be a courtesy that you dont have to declare it, other than that I think you just ask for a rematch.

I played a round with Glenn Whitlock a couple years back and the first thing he asked is "Are we playing for money? Because I play differently" ... had a fun round with a great guy instead.

Riverdog 11-27-2021 07:57 PM

Screw em. Tags live on the bag! Automatic forfeit of future claims to said tag!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sethamphetamine 11-27-2021 09:03 PM

10 year ban

GripEnemy 11-27-2021 09:22 PM

...have them give it to you the next time you see them?

No need for a rematch.

BillFleming 11-27-2021 09:50 PM

If it was a declared tag round, he needs to swap tags. He may be 'hiding' it so he doesn't have to give it up. I know of players who have been banned for not having their tags (more than once) or for not playing for the tag when requested. Mainly it seems to be people with low number tags (1 to 10) or a significant number (like 69).

ru4por 11-27-2021 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riverdog (Post 3771298)
Screw em. Tags live on the bag! Automatic forfeit of future claims to said tag!!!!

Yeah...'round here they are called bag tags.

In both my tag leagues, the physical tag is just kind of a league badge. One does not even have numbers, we just run the league tags on line.

It is a 50 y/o+ league. We found that we always forgot to swap, especially after tournaments with a bunch of us playing. No excuse, we are generally sitting around in lawn chair, drinking after, but it kept happening. :doh:

BogeyNoMore 11-27-2021 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3771321)
...we are generally sitting around in lawn chair, drinking after...

In my mind, that's you in your natural element. :)

If you EVER have the chance to play Ramcat with Riverdog, trust me when I say both of you will have a great time. You'll love his course (not cart friendly), and you'll enjoy spending time with him even more.

And as good a story teller as you are, I know he'll enjoy your company as well.;)

Riverdog 11-28-2021 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore (Post 3771322)
In my mind, that's you in your natural element. :)

If you EVER have the chance to play Ramcat with Riverdog, trust me when I say both of you will have a great time. You'll love his course (not cart friendly), and you'll enjoy spending time with him even more.

And as good a story teller as you are, I know he'll enjoy your company as well.;)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...93adcad61d.jpg
Coincidentally I was out on Ramcat #not2b when you made that post, sitting in a lawn chair... and drinking a bit. [emoji106][emoji41] Danke schon!

DavidSauls 11-28-2021 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broham (Post 3771292)

Obviously Im a little butthurt lol, but Im curious if anyone knows of any official rules around this type of situation. If so, Id love a link to anything official

There are no official rules for tags. Around here, the main purpose of club tags seems to be to create drama in an otherwise civil group.