Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tournaments & Leagues (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   DGPT- 2018 Discraft Great Lakes Open (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131497)

Jolt 06-27-2018 04:26 AM

Hard to play i Ale Sweden and Idewild at the same time. . .but as a Swed i hope Ricky and Simon stays to play Ale, lots of os in the club that going to play Ale just for a chance to se the pros

Jolt 06-27-2018 04:32 AM

Looks like many pros are going to stay in Sweden for some time, Skellefteċ Open is a fun course but way north i Sweden..more north than i ever been

Flick Maniac 06-27-2018 07:56 AM

Ricky, Gregg, Philo, Paige etc are in Finland atm for Tyyni which is kind of GBO inspired mega event Euro style.

swhite 06-27-2018 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejvogie (Post 3323492)
Ricky is conspicuously absent. Has he been back since he got his a** handed to him here by Wiggins as an Am?

:rolleyes:

Wysocki won the Great Lakes Open in 2013, in the Pro division, against all the best players in the world. Second place was Garrett Gurthie, 9 strokes back.

A simple search showed this.

Myke566 06-27-2018 09:26 AM

Kinda bummed to see so many top pros skip this event. Compared to the somewhat boring Utah Open course, Toboggan is truly a gem. I would have loved to have seen Eagle and Simon play Toboggan. I'm just glad Paul is playing.

Streets 06-27-2018 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myke566 (Post 3323550)
Kinda bummed to see so many top pros skip this event. Compared to the somewhat boring Utah Open course, Toboggan is truly a gem. I would have loved to have seen Eagle and Simon play Toboggan. I'm just glad Paul is playing.

Meh, it's just Simon, Eagle and Ricky...the field still looks strong.

Jolt 06-27-2018 09:55 AM

FPO is very open ( lol ) with Cat and Paige missing. . fun to see Ragna in a big event again, maybe she can even win this?

Myke566 06-27-2018 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Streets (Post 3323559)
Meh, it's just Simon, Eagle and Ricky...the field still looks strong.

and Doss, Sexton, Anthon, Philo, Bradley Williams,James Conrad...

BogeyNoMore 06-27-2018 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolt (Post 3323565)
FPO is very open ( lol ) with Cat and Paige missing. . fun to see Ragna in a big event again, maybe she can even win this?

Had a chance to chat with Ragna when she was in town a few years back. She wasn't a fan of the Toboggan because it has "too many blind holes." :\
... but apparently, she's coming back for more.

I don't know how you'd design a championship caliber course that doesnt involve quite a few blind holes - to make you hit a window, and really shape and hold a line over a distance. Who wants a bunch of 400+ ft holes that are minor variations on straight shots through a bunch of trees?

Future_Primitive 06-27-2018 11:59 AM

Hopefully she has had time to play it a few times with it being in longer this year. The course is in excellent shape and looks like it would be a great place for Pros to play. Personally in my Top 5 courses that I have ever played (out of 120) and I hope they leave it open for a month or more next year too so I can go back again. Very much looking forward to this event and cant wait to watch the Pros play it.