Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   The Beginning and End of all Putters (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=574)

IrishCreamer 08-24-2008 10:56 PM

The Beginning and End of all Putters

The OMEGA super soft.

Anyone mess with these? I just got one, love it so far.

maniak 08-25-2008 01:30 AM

No I haven't, but I did get a 177g Sonic the other day and I really like it a lot.

Who makes the OMEGA?

Midnightbiker 08-25-2008 02:34 AM

I have had a couple, and they never really worked for me. I won a "Discraft Banger GT" at my last tournament, and I am really starting to like it. I never would have bought one, but I am glad I got it. If you get a chance try one.

DannyM 08-25-2008 08:05 AM

The omega ss used to be my main putter.<until I found out about the blowfly>. It's a very straight putter, and since it is soft you don't get the "skip" when you hit the ground, or a tree. It pretty much grabs and sticks after it hits, which for hilly courses it is great. It is made by Millenium, which used to be a side company of Innova, but heard recently that they had broken off. I still carry an Omega in my bag, mostly in case of windy conditions <blowflys are NOT good in heavy wind>.

disc-o maniac 08-25-2008 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maniak (Post 6208)
No I haven't, but I did get a 177g Sonic the other day and I really like it a lot.

Who makes the OMEGA?

i think millenium makes the omega

RustyP 08-25-2008 05:34 PM

FYI - Millennium Omega = Innova small-bead Aviar

The Aviar that we all know as the "Aviar Driver" has a large bead, and the Aviar now known as the "Putt and Approach" has no bead...in between those two is the "small-bead" Aviar. Millennium has always used the small-bead mold for the Omega...Innova stopped making the small-bead for a long time, but Millennium kept producing it. You'll occasionally come across an old DX Aviar that has a small bead, but you have to look closely to tell the difference between it and a no-bead. Innova recently (sometime within the last few years) started producing the small-bead Aviar again under the title "Classic Aviar"....all of which have the Aviar "grid" stamp and are produced in a very stiff blend of DX plastic (which is very similar to the OOP "Omega Driver").

kyflash 08-25-2008 09:24 PM

I had been using the BlowFly until recently, had some amazing shots with it. Many shots that would not have went in w/ any other putter.
My son had a SS Omega and I really like the way I could just snap it right into the chains, I still carry the BlowFly in the bag for shots that have fast greens or might have a tendency to roll w/ any other disc.

davetherocketguy 08-25-2008 11:32 PM

I've been using a Birdie for those hilly greens. My Aviars tend to land and flip up on an edge to roll down the hill when I miss. I don't really care for how the Birdie feels or throws. Now that I have heard a friend of mine using a Blowfly and the stuff I am reading here maybe I ought to get one for my bag. Hmmmm....

-Dave

discinator 08-26-2008 03:10 AM

I've got one the Aviar P&A mentioned above. I almost bought an omega, but after I looked at it for a minute it seemed awfully familiar. Now I know why. I like the Aviar/ Omega style putters for approach shots, but I tend to make a lot more putts with my Birdie. It just seems to fly a little more consistent for me.

ERicJ 08-26-2008 06:02 AM

Omega Supersoft has been my putter of choice for several months now. I'm pretty happy with it.

ERic