Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Lat 64 Pure (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13354)

Mexikid0669 12-20-2012 01:23 AM

I meant I have it's twin

B00kbinder 12-26-2012 12:50 PM

So I know it's not a production run, but how do gl pures differ from zero and opto pures?

throwfromthewoods 12-26-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B00kbinder (Post 1753200)
So I know it's not a production run, but how do gl pures differ from zero and opto pures?

Pretty much the same as any Gold Line differs from an Opto. Usually a little less stable, a little flatter. Not a huge or even noticeable difference in most cases though. It usually just boils down to which plastic do you prefer the grip of.

Jkosk 03-09-2013 04:54 PM

Well. I have been frustrated with trying to stock up on white, stiff, D plastic challengers for the new season. Everything I have felt up is a softer blend of D. Anything remotely stiff was blue, which is fine for practice putters... but I only pull out white putters around the circle. And I NEED stiff, stiff, the very stiffest of stiff plastics in my putters. I hate feeling any "give" in the flight plate.

So, today while I was browsing at GGGT, I decided to grab up two Zero line Hard white Pures. They felt nice and stiff.

I'm hoping that they prove to be not too hard a transition for a guy who has putted with Challengers since 2006. Anyhow... How are people like these Hard Pures?

throwfromthewoods 03-09-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jkosk (Post 1891851)
Well. I have been frustrated with trying to stock up on white, stiff, D plastic challengers for the new season. Everything I have felt up is a softer blend of D. I NEED stiff, stiff, the stiffest of plastics in my putters. So, I decided to grab up two Zero line Hard white Pures.

I'm hoping that they prove to be not too hard a transition for a guy who has putted with Challengers since 2006. Anyhow... How are people like these Hard Pures?

Pures are not real close to Challengers in flight or feel. You probably should have gone the DD route and picked up some Classic Judges.

Jkosk 03-09-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by throwfromthewoods (Post 1891854)
Pures are not real close to Challengers in flight or feel. You probably should have gone the DD route and picked up some Classic Judges.

Well, it maybe the way that I hold my putters, but they are pretty close in feel for me. Albeit a bit slimmer in the hand, which I find more comfortable. Also, I like my challengers good and seasoned before I bag them, so these might be more of the stability I putt with anyway.

Either way, I am just curious about the general consensus on this Hard line plastic. How does it wear in? Does it vary in stability from original zero, TM, eze, zero soft, etc.

Radiomuted 03-09-2013 05:19 PM

Does anyone have any footage of driving gl pures vs opto pures?

AndyJB 03-09-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jkosk (Post 1891859)
Either way, I am just curious about the general consensus on this Hard line plastic. How does it wear in? Does it vary in stability from original zero, TM, eze, zero soft, etc.

Well I just got the Soft and it feels, bruises and looks just the same as the "old" Zero (used to putt with Zero Mercies) I think the hard is very similiar to EZE. I have a well-used EZE Pure...and I do mean well used...and it flies just the same as my Zero Soft and RGL. Very easy to shape when driving, and a great hyzer-flip for upshots as welll. I think you'll get good use out of them for sure.

My RGL is oddly comet, but somehow it doesn't effect the flight. But it is by far my most durable Pure. The only marks on it, in fact, are some white streaks of paint from missing putts in my basement...:wall:

Jkosk 03-09-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyJB (Post 1892116)
Well I just got the Soft and it feels, bruises and looks just the same as the "old" Zero (used to putt with Zero Mercies) I think the hard is very similiar to EZE. I have a well-used EZE Pure...and I do mean well used...and it flies just the same as my Zero Soft and RGL. Very easy to shape when driving, and a great hyzer-flip for upshots as welll. I think you'll get good use out of them for sure.

My RGL is oddly comet, but somehow it doesn't effect the flight. But it is by far my most durable Pure. The only marks on it, in fact, are some white streaks of paint from missing putts in my basement...:wall:

I threw some 15-20 foot practice puts in my basement with my main, heavily worn Challenger and my 2 new hard Pures. Stability wise they were pretty comparable, which is good. On average there is a little less wobble on the pures, which I would attribute to the slimmer feel giving me a cleaner release on my putts. Generally I don't have wobble problems though, so I am probably just a bit rusty from my winter without throwing plastic.

Either way, I just love the stiff plastic and slimmer profile. It doesn't have that nice satin-like feel that my Challenger's plastic has taken on in its older age, but I am hoping it will gain it after I wear them in. They definitely feel grippier than my Challenger, but the plastic is smoother, so I am looking forward to the feel when the new-disc sheen wears off.

Aim For The Chains 03-09-2013 10:23 PM

anyone want 2 GRIP line old run pures? also have a spike probably 6/10 on all 3 if looking for back-ups. GRIP is basically ESP... not sure why Lat. stopped making discs in this plastic :/


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.