Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Lat 64 Pure (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13354)

jrawk 01-18-2014 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucasP (Post 2321512)
If I have my eyes closed, I can't tell the difference between my gl pure and my couple opto pures. They don't even fly different. My gl has about the same dome as my optos... maybe a bit less actually. I dont bag the gl.

exactly this. word for word.

sloppydisc 01-19-2014 10:59 AM

My GLs are a little more flat, and a little less HSS. It's not dramatic, but it is easier to turn my GLs. But after a few shots I can throw either one equally poorly according to my ability. :p

xjohncandyx 01-19-2014 11:06 AM

Well I'm glad they seem to be a bit flatter, that's good enough for me. As long as they aren't slippery like recycled I won't regret this. I prefer to have a specific disc for putting/up shots/driving so this should fit right in.

KenTyburski 01-30-2014 05:08 PM

When they first came out, I picked up a Zero Line Pure. I am assuming it was the "hard" variety. Liked it for a while, and then it broke in "too much," so I didn't continue throwing it. Later on, once my touch improved, I fell in love with the R-Pro Rhyno, which is been my consistent approach disc for 2+ years. Can never really break in something "too much" anymore.

Thinking about looking into the Pure again; I still have the old one (well, my brother does). Would the Zero Line Soft be similar to the R-Pro plastic, pretty flexible? Or is it "piece of bologna" super soft like some Vibram softs I've seen?

Any thoughts?

Broken Shoulder 01-30-2014 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenTyburski (Post 2337331)
When they first came out, I picked up a Zero Line Pure. I am assuming it was the "hard" variety. Liked it for a while, and then it broke in "too much," so I didn't continue throwing it. Later on, once my touch improved, I fell in love with the R-Pro Rhyno, which is been my consistent approach disc for 2+ years. Can never really break in something "too much" anymore.

Thinking about looking into the Pure again; I still have the old one (well, my brother does). Would the Zero Line Soft be similar to the R-Pro plastic, pretty flexible? Or is it "piece of bologna" super soft like some Vibram softs I've seen?

Any thoughts?

I have a white/gray swirly soft that is really soft. Which I really, really prefer up to about 90 degrees, as in air temperature. At that point, it basically will sag in your hand and fold itself in half when it hits anything. It's the only one I've had, so I'm not sure if other colors are different, but I am going to look into the mediums as an alternative on super hot days. I will say though that the grip and texture of the zero soft remains awesome even in the MN winter. My magic and aviars get pretty slick but the pure doesn't at all.

chain_ape7 01-30-2014 05:28 PM

I've been using the Soft zero line Pure for about 9 months now and have really fine tuned my putting game and for the most part love' em. Only complaint is they can be "grippy" and stick to my fingers upon release once in a while. I have tried a Hard and do like it for windy days - I might also try one of the new Mediums.

KenTyburski 01-30-2014 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broken Shoulder (Post 2337346)
I have a white/gray swirly soft that is really soft. Which I really, really prefer up to about 90 degrees, as in air temperature. At that point, it basically will sag in your hand and fold itself in half when it hits anything. It's the only one I've had, so I'm not sure if other colors are different, but I am going to look into the mediums as an alternative on super hot days. I will say though that the grip and texture of the zero soft remains awesome even in the MN winter. My magic and aviars get pretty slick but the pure doesn't at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chain_ape7 (Post 2337347)
I've been using the Soft zero line Pure for about 9 months now and have really fine tuned my putting game and for the most part love' em. Only complaint is they can be "grippy" and stick to my fingers upon release once in a while. I have tried a Hard and do like it for windy days - I might also try one of the new Mediums.

Thanks for the feedback. I currently PUTT with a Cryztal FLX Challenger. I'm just thinking about going a single-manufacturer route, and wondered what the Softs were like. If they are anything like my R-Pro Rhynos, I would buy a bunch. I throw about 50-70% Rhyno for short driving, upshots, approaches, and even some jump putting, so I would be looking for something that might be comparable. I really need to get that Pure back from my brother...

Anyone else work any of the other Zero Line Pures? Hard? Medium?

DannyDanger 01-31-2014 12:48 AM

I like the Opto Pures for driving they fly super straight and everyone I have sold some too have had their personal best rounds at my main local course.

mattc 01-31-2014 09:04 AM

I have an opto and a zero hard I love them both.
I only use pures for throwing
The hard is still pretty fresh so it's getting all the action right now
I like it better than the opto because of the grip is better for cold and wet days
My intention is to beat it into an under stable complement to the opto.

bhadella 01-31-2014 10:23 AM

I putt/upshot with Zero Mediums over the Winter and drive/upshot with Optos.

My Opto is over a year old and still not flippy, just about the same stability as my first throws. Zero turn, slight fade (0, -1). I use it for driving and longer upshots that need a bit more power. The Opto has a nice slidey finish on hard surfaces (like all of my local Charlotte courses).

Zero Mediums are a nice mix of firm and grip for putting. Perfect for temps under 80 where you need good grip yet not putting a brick. These have a little bit of turn and slight fade. These are more inline with the "marketed" flight ratings of -1,1. When they touch the ground, they grip hard and stop on a dime. I know when we get into the Summer that I will switch over to Zero Hards for putting.