Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Lat 64 Pure (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13354)

jrawk 01-10-2011 09:56 PM

the more i use my zero line, the more confident i am at longer shots. I really like the tacky grip without the floppiness of other plastics (soft pro-d, SSS, r-pro). The thinner profile fits my hand better. And the thing is so predictable for every shot i make with it. I can't throw the pure as far as other putters, like wizards and ridges. But that is what my fuse is for.

RHINESEL 01-11-2011 12:41 AM

I'm still sad I lost my Pure... been delaying getting a replacement hoping it will come back to me.

Anyone complare a Pure vs. a Westside Swan? Lat makes both and the plastic seems to be similar to Zero Line. The rims are close too, slightly different... but close.

Jeronimo 02-11-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RHINESEL (Post 652479)
I'm still sad I lost my Pure... been delaying getting a replacement hoping it will come back to me.

Anyone complare a Pure vs. a Westside Swan? Lat makes both and the plastic seems to be similar to Zero Line. The rims are close too, slightly different... but close.

Let's say you threw the Swan exactly the same way you would throw your Pure on a straight line. The Swan would turn over, a little faster than gradually, and finish right (for a righty). For people that chose the Magic over the Pure but still like the shallow rim and flat top of the Pure, pick up a Swan. You'll love it.

RHINESEL 02-13-2011 08:38 AM

Thanks Jeremy. I was actually looking at it as a replacement for the Pure which I use driving (Magic for putting). I think based on your discription it might work well for a putter but it would not be a good replacement for the Pure (for my driving use).

BTW Jeremy turned me onto the Pure. He sure can rock a black Pure!

kcplease 02-13-2011 11:16 AM

Sent mine to Prerube. I didn't like the feel, but I guess he does so, we all win!

eegor 02-13-2011 12:40 PM

Traded for a Pure yesterday. Tried a few approaches with it... it's in the bag today. I'll still putt with my Magic (usually) or my Rhyno (into the wind).

Animage 02-14-2011 09:15 PM

If I only have a Grip Line, and don't particularly like it for putting, will grabbing a zero line help the cause?

I'm looking to hop on the straight putter train and looking at these along with Magics or something similar.

prerube 02-14-2011 09:17 PM

They fly similar, but zero sticks in the chains and has a chalky grip

Technohic 02-14-2011 09:57 PM

I never did care for the Pure for putting and I used zero line. Loved it for approaches and thats what eventually lead me to trying the Magic.

jrawk 02-14-2011 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Animage (Post 706737)
If I only have a Grip Line, and don't particularly like it for putting, will grabbing a zero line help the cause?

I'm looking to hop on the straight putter train and looking at these along with Magics or something similar.

pures pretty much overlap with magics, might want to choose one and stick with it. Zero Line plastic feels more closer to Gateway's S, SS, SSS and Organic plastic than Grip Line does.

Animage 02-14-2011 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrawk (Post 706856)
pures pretty much overlap with magics, might want to choose one and stick with it. Zero Line plastic feels more closer to Gateway's S, SS, SSS and Organic plastic than Grip Line does.

They wouldn't both be used, it'd be either or. The winner would compliment my Wizards/Rhynos

khmer 02-24-2011 07:52 PM

Does anyone enjoy driving with the grip line pure or throwing 250-275' annies besides me?

Jeronimo 02-24-2011 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khmer (Post 722425)
Does anyone enjoy driving with the grip line pure or throwing 250-275' annies besides me?

Absolutely ADORE it for that.

Jeronimo 02-24-2011 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RHINESEL (Post 704329)
Thanks Jeremy. I was actually looking at it as a replacement for the Pure which I use driving (Magic for putting). I think based on your discription it might work well for a putter but it would not be a good replacement for the Pure (for my driving use).

BTW Jeremy turned me onto the Pure. He sure can rock a black Pure!

Glad to hear you picked one up. Even happier to hear you like it!

But back to the Swan for a sec...

I think it makes a great disc for jump putting. For driving though, I haven't come across anything that I like as much as my Grip Line Pure. Ion is pretty close, but it just doesn't "feel" the same. That's a big part of why I hit so many tight lines with the Pure, it just simply feels right in my hand.

vonDrehle 04-12-2011 05:49 PM

Live Thread, LIVE!!!!
---------
Just got a Pure in the mail and just by the feel it is very nice. I got one in Zero line plastic and really like the grip on it. Also it seems to have a shallower rim then the Wizards and it feels comfortable in my hands. I've never really tried any beadless putters but I am really looking forward to giving this a go. I've been struggling putting lately so figured it is a good time to browse the market for different putters since all I have used is Wizards for the almost 5 years I have been playing.

If Lat 64 keeps taking spots in my bag I believe a trip to Sweden is in order :D.

Ace D 04-12-2011 08:37 PM

i recently gave the pure a few trial rounds, picked it up in zero plastic. it's got a flat top and really grippy on the chains, just a touch overstable flight. i would recommend it for sure.

woodcutter 04-12-2011 11:21 PM

I had Pures,sold them and got Spikes,Zero line,love those little pads.

Mystic1027 04-13-2011 08:33 AM

Just picked up a grip pure to start beating in for a one and done in a few weeks. Love my zero pures, but was always worried about tearing them to pieces doing anything more than putting with them on rocky courses.

bayouace 04-13-2011 10:30 AM

My Pure Gripline is as good a putter as I have found. For me it is dead straight. It is a little narrower on the edge, but where I play that works well in the Gulf winds.

vonDrehle 04-17-2011 11:41 PM

Well finally got to play with my Zero Pure. While it is still too early to tell I think I may have found a new putter after 5 years of using Wizards. I just love the way this fits in my hand and I seem to have a much cleaner release then I do with my Wizards. Sadly today my driving wasn't great so I had a lot more upshots then putts but I still think I may have a winner :D.

DTPHawk 04-18-2011 02:07 PM

I see on Latitude's flight chart the Pure is (3 3 0 0) with a 1.4 cm rim depth and the Spike is (4 2 -1 1) with a 1.3 cm rim depth...

Does anyone out there own a Pure AND a Spike? I'm thinking about ordering one of these shallow putters and would like to hear a direct comparison between the two.

ChainSeeker 04-18-2011 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RHINESEL (Post 564576)
I just did some light testing on a Zero Pure vs. a Soft Magic.

Excellent post! I am shopping between the Pure and Magic, and your testing provided the exact answers I needed.

Handsome Rob 04-18-2011 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khmer (Post 722425)
Does anyone enjoy driving with the grip line pure or throwing 250-275' annies besides me?

I do this. A seasoned Grip Line Pure is an excellent driving putter and annie line shaper. It pretty much lands flat and puts on the breaks too, like a little baby fuse.

sloppydisc 04-18-2011 02:34 PM

Stop you b*stard! I sold my Spikes. Don't make me go buy more again. I let the Fuse take those shots, and now you got me thinking I should try them again.

Stevo 04-18-2011 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vonDrehle (Post 802683)
Well finally got to play with my Zero Pure. While it is still too early to tell I think I may have found a new putter after 5 years of using Wizards. I just love the way this fits in my hand and I seem to have a much cleaner release then I do with my Wizards. Sadly today my driving wasn't great so I had a lot more upshots then putts but I still think I may have a winner :D.

My thoughts exactly. I just played my first round this weekend with a Pure after giving it some practice sessions in the yard. Putts were money, just wish more of them were birdie putts. Clean release, seems to be good both in and outside of the circle. Very true flight

smyith 04-18-2011 04:54 PM

ive been using a Zero Pure for the last month. im loving the thing. with its super flat top it flies nice in stable in most wind conditions. it very easy to manipulate and the grippiness of that plastic is CRAZY!!! ive nicked the chains on the outside and the putter grabbed enough to pull it straight down into the basket (its happend a few times only once did it drop and stay in the basket).
it really reminds me of my original SM Aviar P&A (best P&A mold out there!). just so predictable and trustworthy it promotes confidence in your putt. im still learning the finer aspects of it but its so versatile. i also bought a spare just in case, it flies exactly the same (thats a first for me when it comes to LAT64...consistency). This putter only makes me hopeful that Lat64 will be a killer company in the near future.

khmer 04-18-2011 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTPHawk (Post 803275)
I see on Latitude's flight chart the Pure is (3 3 0 0) with a 1.4 cm rim depth and the Spike is (4 2 -1 1) with a 1.3 cm rim depth...

Does anyone out there own a Pure AND a Spike? I'm thinking about ordering one of these shallow putters and would like to hear a direct comparison between the two.

Last year during late summer and through out fall, I use both the pure and spike in both plastics. So what would you like to know? I'll do my best to share any information you seek. Also, the speed on both of them is deceiving; imo, they both fly more like a 5 speed...definitely faster than an Aviar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Handsome Rob (Post 803301)
I do this. A seasoned Grip Line Pure is an excellent driving putter and annie line shaper. It pretty much lands flat and puts on the breaks too, like a little baby fuse.

yeah it is like a baby fuse when it comes to anny shots for me anyways.

Handsome Rob 04-18-2011 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smyith (Post 803542)
This putter only makes me hopeful that Lat64 will be a killer company in the near future.

Their putters are consistent (Zero, Grip, and Premier plastic). All that I've thrown anyhow. I'm remaining optimistic for their future as well. Once they tune in their methods a little bit with their increased demand. Maybe faze out some run-to-run issues and molding imperfections and they will be on top of my "to get" list again. I'm glad I got my Lat discs, most of them anyway, while they were a small illusive company to locate in a store. They might not be the latest and best looking gold line plastic but I wouldn't trade them in for anything.

DTPHawk 04-18-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khmer (Post 803689)
Last year during late summer and through out fall, I use both the pure and spike in both plastics. So what would you like to know? I'll do my best to share any information you seek. Also, the speed on both of them is deceiving; imo, they both fly more like a 5 speed...definitely faster than an Aviar.

Well I spin putt and count on a reliable glide and fade. Started my disc golfing days with a 175g JK Pro Aviar-X and quickly realized that I couldn't get a consistent release with the deep rim and wasn't a huge fan of the tackiness/floppiness of JK Pro plastic.

From there I switched to a 173g Medium Ion. It immediately felt better in my hand and the plastic/mold is resulting in a more consistent release but I find myself looking for something better.

I found multiple threads talking about shallow putters and think that may be the trick for me (mostly confidence in the grip/feel). I've narrowed it down to the spike or pure because their zeroline plastic seems to get rave reviews. From your experience which one (if any) sounds better suited for my putting style? I'd like to hear your opinion on both as true "putting" putters (not for approaches or driving).

Handsome Rob 04-18-2011 09:55 PM

I switched from big bead aviars also. I like the zero line pure. Grip Line Pure isn't bad either. More durability and less grip in spite of its name. But I like the feel of the Zero for "regular" putting.

RHINESEL 04-18-2011 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChainSeeker (Post 803282)
Excellent post! I am shopping between the Pure and Magic, and your testing provided the exact answers I needed.

Glad I helped you out.

I've since lost the Zero line Pure... (it will come back, I know it!)... and have replaced it with a Grip line since I use it to drive mostly. I haven't really had a chance to test the Grip line yet to see how the two compare.

khmer 04-18-2011 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTPHawk (Post 803881)
Well I spin putt and count on a reliable glide and fade. Started my disc golfing days with a 175g JK Pro Aviar-X and quickly realized that I couldn't get a consistent release with the deep rim and wasn't a huge fan of the tackiness/floppiness of JK Pro plastic.

From there I switched to a 173g Medium Ion. It immediately felt better in my hand and the plastic/mold is resulting in a more consistent release but I find myself looking for something better.

I found multiple threads talking about shallow putters and think that may be the trick for me (mostly confidence in the grip/feel). I've narrowed it down to the spike or pure because their zeroline plastic seems to get rave reviews. From your experience which one (if any) sounds better suited for my putting style? I'd like to hear your opinion on both as true "putting" putters (not for approaches or driving).

I have a feeling that this may take awhile (I don't care to be typing alllllll night ;)), so if you don't mind call me and we can chat. Plus I don't want to hi-jack the thread. I'll pm you with my number. But if you don't feel comfortable, then I'll type for a little bit...I have homework to attend to.

vonDrehle 04-22-2011 08:38 PM

I'm going to make it official. Zero Pure is now my new putter. I will keep a Wizard in my bag for upshots where the Ion doesn't feel right but other than that Wizards are going to be riding the bench for a bit.

khmer 04-22-2011 09:57 PM

I love the zero pure!

Handsome Rob 04-23-2011 08:07 AM

My primary also. Two Zeros for putting, a flat beat up Grip for annies and driving, and a slightly domey new Grip with a s**t-ton of flashing on it for a slightly more stable option.

sloppydisc 04-23-2011 09:12 AM

VonDrehle,

Can you compare rim size and feel of Wizard versus the Pure? How about stability? I keep trying to get good consistnent drives with my Wizards, but can't seem to get a good grip. Everything I have tried with smaller rims has been a little too flippy for me. I liked the Spike, but found I could use my Fuse for the same shots. Any thoughts on Wizard and Pure comparisons would be appreciated. Thanks.

jrawk 04-23-2011 10:58 AM

Sloppy, in my limmited dg career I went from Aviar to Wizard to Ridge to Pure. Granted my skill has changed significantly along the way, i still have all these putters and I continue to out-perform the others with the Pure.

Pures are very close to DX Aviars, but aren't as tall of a profile. I don't care for beefy/thick putters and the Zero Line plastic trumps DX/Pro.
Pure v. Spike.... i got 2 of each about a year ago when i wanted to try something other than wizards. The Pure is clearly taller than the spike, but the spike felt tooo thin, like putting with a core. Driving the spike was faster, but way less stable and would be hard to be accurate with it, Where as the pures could be released with a little bit of hyzer, flip flat, and glide like a Fuse. It is the easiest straight-driving putter i have thrown and has noticeably improved my approach game. Hang a bit of anhyzer for a dog leg and it'll do the trick just nicely. I also carry a fuse, but it doesn't get used much below 200ft. Yes, there is overlap, but the fuse has more distance than the Pure. Where the spike with the slim profile has the potential to bridge the distance gap between pures and fuses.

hope that helps

sloppydisc 04-23-2011 01:01 PM

I may grab one when I head up to MA and hit up Marshall St. Can't go there without buying something. Then I can play with while I travel and give it a decent tryout. I've got a buddy that really likes his, but he seldom drives or approaches with it. If it wins, there'll be a bunch of Wizards in the Marketplace.

vonDrehle 04-23-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sloppydisc (Post 810433)
VonDrehle,

Can you compare rim size and feel of Wizard versus the Pure? How about stability? I keep trying to get good consistnent drives with my Wizards, but can't seem to get a good grip. Everything I have tried with smaller rims has been a little too flippy for me. I liked the Spike, but found I could use my Fuse for the same shots. Any thoughts on Wizard and Pure comparisons would be appreciated. Thanks.

The Pure has a much smaller rim and flatter plate than the Wizard. I have smaller hands and it feels better in my hand than my Wizards ever did. I would say that the Pure is more stable then the current wizards you can get but less stable then the nice older ones, at least for putter purposes.

The fact that the Pure doesn't have a bead and has soft plastic has kept me from driving or approaching with it too much. I have thrown it in an open field and it flies very straight and lands with very little fade when used for drives. If you are looking for a driving Pure I would try the Grip plastic. I haven't personally tried it but from what I have read it is a premium plastic and can probably take the punishment that comes from drives.

khmer 04-23-2011 11:25 PM

yeah, so I just realized today that I left one of my grip line pures on the course yesterday while I was practicing. I can't believe I forgot it; now I have to buy a few more.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.