Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Are we not taking Covid-19 seriously (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136199)

Monocacy 07-08-2020 04:30 PM

Sorry, forgot to add the link for the Nursing Assistant study:

U.S. Nursing Assistants Employed in Nursing Homes: Key Facts

Blobfish 07-08-2020 04:36 PM

Nick Pacific 07-08-2020 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Binky Yutz (Post 3604786)
Just a final thought for Robdeforge.....do you remember when Dr. Fauci told us, early on, that masks were not that effective, I remember the press conference quite vividly, so, now he says they are effective...so is Dr. Fauci not to be believed because he is a dumb liar.....chew on that Rob.....

Time stamped for you

Hampstead 07-08-2020 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Binky Yutz (Post 3604780)
Really?? That is how you interpret what was said....brilliant answer.....NOT.....

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/OilyGenero...restricted.gif

discerdoo 07-08-2020 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidSauls (Post 3604792)
Just remember, you issued the invitation...

Yeah, y'all are probably good for at least another 50 pages after that invitation.

robdeforge 07-08-2020 04:55 PM

Quote:

so is Dr. Fauci not to be believed because he is a dumb liar.....chew on that Rob.....

Did I bring up Fauci? Iím confused as to why you think this is some gotcha thing....

Orioles_Lefty 07-08-2020 05:07 PM

In some ways, a lot of the differences comes down to an interest in preventing infections. There’s no reason anything else should have ever been the goal. But, that goal requires the valuing of human life.

Smigles 07-08-2020 07:15 PM

Quote:

For all those following this thread, but not jumping in......smart move on your part.....not much civility here, nor much critical thinking. Mostly just holier than thou types, expecting everyone to conform to their way of thinking....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smigles (Post 3604671)
He clearly has an agenda and lost his ability for critical thinking. All while imagining that we all are sheep and he is the only clear thinker.

Nice to predict somebodys stupidity almost down to the letter. :p:clap::D:thmbup:

Quote:

do you remember when Dr. Fauci told us, early on, that masks were not that effective, I remember the press conference quite vividly, so, now he says they are effective...so is Dr. Fauci not to be believed because he is a dumb liar.....chew on that Rob.....

A great sign of an intelligent mind (or actually the entire scientific process of learning) is that it can change opinion when presented with new facts :) Maybe one day you'll understand.

Orioles_Lefty 07-08-2020 07:34 PM

Here’s what matters:

1. Masks save lives. A vast majority of medical experts agree. There’s confidence there in sample size.

That’s the full extent of the foundational critical thinking needed.

Let’s not act like there’s some great virtue in the idea that critical thinking amounts to taking in all the perspectives/opinions and coming to your own unique conclusion. Why would I do that when my expertise on communicable diseases is nil? Nada. Zilch.

Nor is there any virtue in going through the world saying, “I’m just going to reject everything or be oppositional assuming there’s some grand conspiracy in play.” You know what? The entire academic research model is built on skepticism. Consensus of scientific thought, though never fixed, is arrived at through rigorous studies that are received skeptically and that gain standing due to their rigorous methods and sound findings. And that studies are repeatable and that they are repeated furthers that credibility. Knowledge on COVID is in development and in its infancy, but it also doesn’t exist in a vacuum. This is not the first aerosol/airborne virus humanity has faced. Protocols for protecting against the virus will continue to evolve but the advice at any given moment isn’t guesswork.

The federal government, including federal science agencies, have failed us to some degree. Much of this is due to politics. And science is not ideologically neutral. But that doesn’t mean that its ideology is of the “let’s create a vast conspiracy” model.

But what the hell do I know? I’m just an awful leftist professor (though that wasn’t what I intended to communicate by the Lefty in my username.)

medic5888 07-08-2020 08:51 PM

Just asking how many of us are medical professionals?? This including, Physicians, Physicians assistants, Nurses, Nurse techs, Paramedics, and EMTs.... I am a paramedic and I can tell you horror stories about this virus. Its no joke, its real.