Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Are we not taking Covid-19 seriously (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136199)

BogeyNoMore 07-08-2020 09:13 PM

Worth saying again:
Quote:

Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore (Post 3573835)
At the risk of being a jack@ss, this thread is very clearly demonstrating whose intellect I can respect, and whose I can't.

BogeyNoMore 07-08-2020 09:17 PM

The most sense Binky' s made was when he chose his screen name.

Quote:

Yutz (plural yutzes) (US, derogatory): A foolish, incompetent, awkward, or contemptible person

DavidSauls 07-08-2020 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by medic5888 (Post 3604885)
Just asking how many of us are medical professionals?? This including, Physicians, Physicians assistants, Nurses, Nurse techs, Paramedics, and EMTs.... I am a paramedic and I can tell you horror stories about this virus. Its no joke, its real.

There's a nurse, with firsthand knowledge, in this thread, too.

DiscFifty 07-08-2020 09:56 PM

Quote:

Just asking how many of us are medical professionals?? This including, Physicians, Physicians assistants, Nurses, Nurse techs, Paramedics, and EMTs.... I am a paramedic and I can tell you horror stories about this virus. Its no joke, its real.

I'm guessing everyone but me.

air show 07-08-2020 10:06 PM

I got a doctorate in common sense.

Orioles_Lefty 07-08-2020 10:14 PM

Quote:

From the perspective of PhD degree-granting universities, I’m a credentialed expert in a thing that’s so very damn specific, and it’s not medicine-related or biology-related or public-health related. To choose to pursue expertise in this thing (or any other thing), is to also admit all the countless other things (all of the other things, basically*) I did not pursue expertise in and do not have expertise in. Luckily for me, there are people like you, who have expertise. I choose to believe these people.

Me, at a doctor I’ve vetted as credible:

Doc: It’s my expert opinion that this is the course of action we should take

Me: Then let’s do it.

* school is not the only route to gain expertise, though I have not pursued any other routes to any other expertises.

ThrowaEnvy 07-08-2020 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore (Post 3604899)

I thought that too, it looks like something I might name my troll.

Isn't Fauci wearing a mask now too though?

No doubt, it's all an organized global conspiracy..

I don't get how science became politics driven but someone is gaining something from their point of view. The logic of all this escapes me, I just got through another day of people trying to crowd me in hot tub control boxes, pump houses, closets etc and have me come into their house.. I'm stressed out enough, this is how people deal with fear I guess, denial.

CoVid+Trump * idiots= decline of America

I love you guys individually but your current leader is the greatest idiot ever and perhaps the greatest stereotypically cartoonesque figurehead of everything bullish, capitalist and ignorant about America. His ability to divide a country is unmatched.

One nation divided can not stand, and who profits from that I ask you?

No offense intended, I have lots of American friends, when we were kids we wished the border was 20 miles north so we could be American. I'm just saying he personifies the negative world image of America.. this is where I find out who I like and enjoy here is a Trump supporter.. The Communist Canadian that's what they'll call me. Divided, just so divided. It's time for a leader not a corporate takeover.

We're a small community now that I have Facebook I can find out all about the racist/stupid/enititled/insert other or worse A hole that lives down the street without meeting him. If I know someone completely doesn't care about Covid I don't need to work there if I can avoid it. I dunno it's like people have suddenly gotten worse about looking over my shoulder, or maybe it never bothered me before. There's idiots here but the stuff I read and see down there is epically ridiculous, I know there's no free healthcare but do public schools cost money too?

Bah f@@@@n idiots. Do something other than stick your head in the sand and Bitch.

Stop trying to breathe on me for fuks sake. The funny thing is there's probably less than a 1% chance here. I can't risk my health or the guys, there's 3 families riding on my back, all the time. Essential (ly stressful) Services. Bah this doesn't make sense I'm way off on the C88 train to nowhere and I need bourbon now, fine American bourbon ain't nothing like it!

Here's to my buddy Jim Beam Black and all of you fine folks down there feeding me valuable info on this thread, funnily enough it is a top resource for me..

.. And here's a double to forget the idiots!

brutalbrutus 07-08-2020 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Binky Yutz (Post 3604786)

Just a final thought for Robdeforge.....do you remember when Dr. Fauci told us, early on, that masks were not that effective, I remember the press conference quite vividly, so, now he says they are effective...so is Dr. Fauci not to be believed because he is a dumb liar.....chew on that Rob.....

I think he was responding to a question about keeping you from getting sick, not keeping you from spreading it to others... and I also think that was before they really knew how many asymptomatic people there were with this virus.

ThrowaEnvy 07-09-2020 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore (Post 3604899)

Don't forget about Kinky haha "Binky the Clown" + Yutz= Lolz

DiscFifty 07-09-2020 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy (Post 3604928)
CoVid+Trump * idiots= decline of America

ok.. you're POTUS, what do YOU do that would save the decline of America? This country was not prepared to handle a pandemic. No administration before Trump would have handled this any better imop. The situation is too dynamic, way too political due to an election year.

Is the solution simply to tell everyone to shut down, stay home and enjoy your monthly virusfare check until we have a vaccine ready? (I confess..I'm leaning in that direction, but I also know our economy would tank.)

I'm curious.. who you are defining as "idiots"? :popcorn: