Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Are we not taking Covid-19 seriously (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136199)

Hampstead 09-25-2020 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by discerdoo (Post 3636363)
Funny thing about forums on the interwebs. Nobody has ever changed the opinions of those who disagree with them. But hey, if it makes you feel better, type away.

Bless your heart.

robdeforge 09-26-2020 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DG_player (Post 3636777)
It's something that happens every day, it's just more visible now. We expend 100,000 a year to air pollution so we can have a vibrant economy, 30,000 so we can drive around, 10-60,000 a year to the flu. Who knows how many to pointless wars and conflicts. Not to mention the unaccounted for costs to younger generations.

reading stuff like this really is just sad :(

ThrowaEnvy 09-26-2020 11:49 AM

Well I woke up this morning to the regular news feed... apparently to avoid a snap election in Canada and get support for the "throne speech" the Liberals got together with the NDP.. Basically any Canadian will be able to get paid sick leave no matter where and who they work for :o

The details of the sick leave changes haven't been released yet, but Singh said the change "will help millions of Canadians."

"Today marks the first step in achieving the first ever, in the history of our country, federal paid sick leave for Canadian workers," he said

"It's a first step toward our ultimate goal of ensuring all Canadian workers have paid sick leave now and forever."

Liberal House Leader Pablo Rodriquez tweeted this afternoon that a deal has been reached, but didn't offer any more details about the sick leave changes.

Liberals enrich some COVID-19 benefits in new bill, urge all MPs to support it
"We are entering the second wave and millions of Canadians are still struggling to make ends meet. We now have an agreement with the NDP on a bill that will deliver the help that Canadians need. It's by working together that we will get through this pandemic," he said.

Nick Pacific 09-27-2020 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3636048)
....I know few 30 y/o's that contribute much to my society or quality of life.

The guys that come get my trash every Friday morning are all pretty young looking for the most part, those guys are doing us all a huge service.

Also let me tell you about the crew of young whipper snappers who redid the shingles on the neighbors roof a few weeks ago on a couple of very hot August days. I was sweating just watching them from the shaded porch. Tore off all the shingles, did some repairs, and installed new ones all day long in a couple days it was quite impressive.

ballgolfconvert 09-27-2020 09:37 AM

Here in Florida the Governor Desantis reopened everything despite the fact we have over 2500 new cases per day. Prohibited cities and counties from making their own rules. It won't be long until we are back over 10,000 / day and they have to take measures again. I will be going on with life like we are still in the middle of this. Limiting outside activity to grocery shopping and disc golf.

McCready 09-27-2020 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ballgolfconvert (Post 3637158)
Here in Florida the Governor Desantis reopened everything despite the fact we have over 2500 new cases per day. Prohibited cities and counties from making their own rules. It won't be long until we are back over 10,000 / day and they have to take measures again. I will be going on with life like we are still in the middle of this. Limiting outside activity to grocery shopping and disc golf.

Whenever I think we here in GA have the biggest jackass governor, I think of Desantis and Iím not so sure.

DavidSauls 09-27-2020 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McCready (Post 3637260)
Whenever I think we here in GA have the biggest jackass governor, I think of Desantis and Iím not so sure.

Desantis just upped the ante. Let's see what Kemp has.

DiscFifty 09-27-2020 08:50 PM

I've been skimming over some recent headlines without drilling down too much, but is the new covid strain that apparently makes masks and social distancing worthless fact or fiction?

Jay Dub 09-27-2020 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscFifty (Post 3637314)
I've been skimming over some recent headlines without drilling down too much, but is the new covid strain that apparently makes masks and social distancing worthless fact or fiction?

Could you share links to these headlines or are they a secret?

Hampstead 09-27-2020 09:05 PM

Sources are essential. Facebook memes don't count.