Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Are we not taking Covid-19 seriously (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136199)

Bardu 03-22-2020 01:51 PM

I drive to the course alone, avoid any other stops, and play alone. I think the risks are pretty minimal. I know others to continue to, but I avoid playing with groups.

Halcón 03-22-2020 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halcón (Post 3565016)
Flattening the curve works. People are too dumb, stubborn, careless, and unbelieving to do it on their own, though.

Forcing the curve to flatten is going to destroy us.

Not that I want to quote myself, but I forgot one important thing. Many might want to stay home when they're sick, but they simply can't afford it. It's why so many lower wage earners work rain or shine, sick or not. But again, by forcing them to stay home, sure it helps the virus spread more slowly, but it's killing our economy. There's no easy way to handle a pandemic.

BigFlickLuke 03-22-2020 02:17 PM

I haven't missed a round that I would have otherwise played.

DiscgolfStu 03-22-2020 02:17 PM

My province just declared a state of emergency, closing all provincial and municipal parks, so no disc golf in Nova Scotia unless you happen to have a private course nearby (which most dont).

Emoney 03-22-2020 02:39 PM

This is serious. Maybe more than we think.

I mean, the MONEY stopped.

If everyone does their part we can at least slow this down. The quicker we turn this around, the quicker we go back to "normal" life

Orioles_Lefty 03-22-2020 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thrembo (Post 3565018)
A lot of people showed up for what would have been a league round this morning. We all laughed when the 10th person showed up. The oldest among us said he didn't really care if he got it, he would just go off and die and not give it to anyone else and we all laughed again. The smoke was passed around freely and we broke into smaller groups and played a round. Our county has an average age of around 55. So most of us are in the late boomer to the early millennial age range. We have only 2 active coronavirus cases in my county right now, so we are not in a hot zone situation like the large cities. We are taking it seriously, and most things are closed now and the shelves in the stores are mostly bare. We may have to play solo rounds in the future, we'll see.

Many incremental decisions have been superseded by a more severe incremental decision days later — examples include going from games w/o spectators to no games at all and from social distancing to shelter in place. That you think you might have to do something in the future means that you should probably do that thing now. But this seems like a fairly unpopular stance. <shrug>

DiscFifty 03-22-2020 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seabrook (Post 3564934)
TComments, suggestions, am I wrong, is this all a media hype? Let us know your opinion.

"Am I wrong" - Yes, disc golf players should use common sense and is a great time for a solo round.

"Is this all a media hype?" - If they're advertising a disc to buy, maybe, otherwise NO.

"Let us know your opinion." - Who do you work for? Is this a survey or something?

BogeyNoMore 03-22-2020 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidSauls (Post 3565014)
I was in the Social Distancing Group. I'd left a disc behind on a hole---no problem, it's my course, I can get it anytime. Then one of the guys in the Invincible Group picked it up, and yelled to me that he'd found it. I told him to leave it where it was .

:wall: :wall: :wall:

Quote:

Originally Posted by thrembo (Post 3565021)
My neighbors across the street threw a redneck rager last night. Lots of trucks beer and a crappy live band. Under normal conditions, I might have crashed it but decided to abstain this time. They didn't seem too concerned about the coronavirus. Floriduh x youngins.

:wall: :wall: :wall:

Halcón 03-22-2020 03:23 PM

Simple gif showing how we can make a difference.

https://twitter.com/toby_etc/status/1241428108114190337

You could add, "This person didn't play disc golf in a big group."

Jay Dub 03-22-2020 03:28 PM

Beaches have been shut down because people were openly not following guidelines.

Guess what will happen if people start seeing big groups not following guidelines on disc golf courses.