Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Are we not taking Covid-19 seriously (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136199)

DavidSauls 12-14-2020 03:11 PM

I saw this sentence in a news article, about the timeline for future vaccines, and wasn't sure if it made me happy or sad:

"Johnson & Johnson cut its enrollment in its last-stage clinical trial from 60,000 to 40,000 because the virus is so widespread that data on efficacy is coming in faster than the company expected. "

Jay Dub 12-14-2020 07:09 PM

abc national news had a poll that asked if you'd take the vaccine.

40% said yes
40% said yes but wants to wait
15% said no.

Emoney 12-14-2020 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Dub (Post 3669210)
abc national news had a poll that asked if you'd take the vaccine.

40% said yes
40% said yes but wants to wait
15% said no.

Most of them have no choice but to wait anyway.

I def know some ppl that wont take it....

When the time comes and i have the option. I will use the same critical thinking i use for everyday decisions.

JedV 12-14-2020 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emoney (Post 3669219)
Most of them have no choice but to wait anyway.

I def know some ppl that wont take it....

When the time comes and i have the option. I will use the same critical thinking i use for everyday decisions.

Unfortunately, enough abstainers can jeopardize herd immunity. And some abstainers are likely to die a preventable death.

ru4por 12-14-2020 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JedV (Post 3669221)
Unfortunately, enough abstainers can jeopardize herd immunity. And some abstainers are likely to die a preventable death.

I feel wrong admitting it, but I do take some solace in the role reversal. Eventually the selfish deniers will only be able to hurt other selfish deniers, opposed to selfish deniers being able to hurt those grown up enough to care about others. :o Karma?

DavidSauls 12-14-2020 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JedV (Post 3669221)

Yeah, but in the meantime, they move up my place in line by stepping out of it.

JuanA 12-14-2020 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3669223)
I feel wrong admitting it, but I do take some solace in the role reversal. Eventually the selfish deniers will only be able to hurt other selfish deniers, opposed to selfish deniers being able to hurt those grown up enough to care about others. :o Karma?

I was just listening to this exact thing on the radio on the way home. I don't know the guy's name since I tuned in mid-show...I'll look for it.

He was talking about the deniers hurting people who can't take the vaccine but would like to, such as people undergoing treatment for cancer, those with compromised immune systems, etc., so it won't just be deniers at risk.

DavidSauls 12-14-2020 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuanA (Post 3669228)
I was just listening to this exact thing on the radio on the way home. I don't know the guy's name since I tuned in mid-show...I'll look for it.

He was talking about the deniers hurting people who can't take the vaccine but would like to, such as people undergoing treatment for cancer, those with compromised immune systems, etc., so it won't just be deniers at risk.

Did you have to spoil a sweet, vengeful thought so quickly?

JuanA 12-14-2020 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidSauls (Post 3669231)
Did you have to spoil a sweet, vengeful thought so quickly?

I laugh because I thought the same thing when I heard it on the radio. :D

Here's the podcast if anyone's interested:

The U.S. Approves a Vaccine

ru4por 12-14-2020 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuanA (Post 3669228)

BOOOOOOOO. Lol, while this is true, I again will take solace in knowing these folks are not likely to be out and about enough to bump into a ton of antivaxxer deniers. Ha....back on my vengeance train.