Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Are we not taking Covid-19 seriously (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136199)

R-Ogre 04-10-2020 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davetherocketguy (Post 3573512)
Even in Detroit...one of the COVID hot spots Hospitals are laying people off:

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...NvqGyBN_9T6Hgs

Just seems so backwards to me. This is not good. If the hospitals aren't making money it makes it harder for them to pay the people who are treating the COVID patients, buy PPE, etc...

Maybe whatís backwards is the whole concept of hospitals as a money-making enterprise?

davetherocketguy 04-10-2020 11:11 PM

Amazing...

Army field hospital for Covid-19 surge leaves Seattle after 9 days. It never saw a patient

davetherocketguy 04-10-2020 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R-Ogre (Post 3573515)
Maybe whatís backwards is the whole concept of hospitals as a money-making enterprise?

There are oodles of things that seem backwards to me in this entire situation.

R-Ogre 04-10-2020 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davetherocketguy (Post 3573517)

Iím sure that has nothing to do with:
Seattle had the first confirmed case and was on their guard
Many tech companies were proactive about having people work from home
Gov. Inslee was ahead of much of the nation in instituting social distancing measures
UW hospital system has been on the leading edge of researching testing and treatment

Instead itís because itís a massive liberal ploy to ruin the economy and make Dotard Donny lose.

LateWesternSky 04-10-2020 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davetherocketguy (Post 3573519)

Overpreparing for a pandemic is backwards to you? Sure, ideally you would want to prepare the exact amount of resources needed, but that is unrealistic. Better to overprepare than underprepare.

davetherocketguy 04-10-2020 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateWesternSky (Post 3573521)
Overpreparing for a pandemic is backwards to you? Sure, ideally you would want to prepare the exact amount of resources needed, but that is unrealistic. Better to overprepare than underprepare.

Ahhh putting words in my mouth I see. The only thing I said to that situation was that it was "amazing."

davetherocketguy 04-10-2020 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateWesternSky (Post 3573521)

See this is why I should never provide an opinion here on DGCR ever again. Y'all are so egar to put words in the mouths of people who might be slightest bit critical or otherwise buck the collective DGCR narrative. God forbid someone have a differing opinion. I don't care if hospitals over prepare - I never said I have an issue with THAT.

Why tf do I even bother

Emoney 04-10-2020 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davetherocketguy (Post 3573525)
See this is why I should never provide an opinion here on DGCR ever again. Y'all are so egar to put words in the mouths of people who might be slightest bit critical or otherwise buck the collective DGCR narrative. God forbid someone have a differing opinion. I don't care if hospitals over prepare - I never said I have an issue with THAT.

Why tf do I even bother

Maybe u will have better political arguments in the political threads...jus sayin

LateWesternSky 04-11-2020 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davetherocketguy (Post 3573525)

Why tf do I even bother

My apologies, I don't mean to offend you. But based on other posts you have made, you seem to think we are overreacting to coronavirus. All I am trying to show is that (imo) an overeaction is better than an undereaction in this case.

If you don't care that hospitals overprepare, than I am confused as to why you linked multiple articles of hospitals overpreparing and said something seemed backwards.

Either way, it's good to look at things from multiple perspectives. Therefore, I appreciate your posts on this topic even if I don't agree with them.

BogeyNoMore 04-11-2020 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davetherocketguy (Post 3573519)

No doubt. Seems our Federal and State gov'ts are flying by the seat of their pants on this. down the road, several of the decisions that have been made will seem stupid. Apparently, this isn't something we have a playbook for. And if we do, nobody bothered to distribute it, because now the coaches really just need to know what play to call. What's some of the most extreme calls have been an attempt to make relatively proactive decisions.