Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Are we not taking Covid-19 seriously (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136199)

dysmike 12-18-2020 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3670687)
Your responses are incorrect, misleading and designed to garner attention.

The very definition of 'troll'.

ru4por 12-18-2020 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidSauls (Post 3670700)
Among the questions on distribution, once they get past medical staff & nursing homes, is whether people will have to prove they're in the priority categories. Can I claim to have underlying conditions and get a shot earlier than if I wait?

It's about to be a two-front war: people who decline, and people who cheat to get ahead.

I guess I am hoping that primary care physicians offices become one of the principle points of access to the vaccine. Not that they are immune from fraud or inappropriate decisions, but they would have the access to medical backgrounds of patients. As would healthcare systems. Most electronic medical record systems now have the ability to query outpatient medical info and out of system medical info.

ejvogie 12-18-2020 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore (Post 3670579)
You don't have to grow old.
It's not guaranteed.

True. It beats the alternative though. At least for now.

DavidSauls 12-18-2020 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3670704)
I guess I am hoping that primary care physicians offices become one of the principle points of access to the vaccine. Not that they are immune from fraud or inappropriate decisions, but they would have the access to medical backgrounds of patients. As would healthcare systems. Most electronic medical record systems now have the ability to query outpatient medical info and out of system medical info.

I'm just guessing. Particularly with the vaccines that don't need to kept super-cold, if we have drive-through vaccinations, large-scale centers, etc. It's not just medical records: if a priority is given to, say, grocery workers, will you need to present a pay stub?

I'm not so much cynical of the system, as thinking that at this scale, there's bound to be problems.

hiflyer 12-18-2020 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broken Shoulder (Post 3670644)
The government will just tack on more debt and have Walgreens cashiers stab us with needles.
What are you so worried about?



(sarcasm, Jay)

Or even better (worse?):
"So 2 cheese burgers and a coke. Would you like a vaccine with that?"

wintry mix 12-18-2020 11:41 AM

This is nice sane discussion of a most insane year.
Been reading some states say they will be getting fewer vaccines in their 2nd batch than originally promised.
It's not clear why. In response to concerns about this Pfizer released this:

"Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) today released the following statement to address public comments that allege there are issues in the production and distribution of the company’s COVID-19 vaccine: “Pfizer is not having any production issues with our COVID-19 vaccine, and no shipments containing the vaccine are on hold or delayed. This week, we successfully shipped all 2.9 million doses that we were asked to ship by the U.S. Government to the locations specified by them. We have millions more doses sitting in our warehouse but, as of now, we have not received any shipment instructions for additional doses."

I guess Pfizer isn't interested in taking the blame.

Broken Shoulder 12-18-2020 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiflyer (Post 3670734)
Or even better (worse?):
"So 2 cheese burgers and a coke. Would you like a vaccine with that?"

I mean, in all honesty, I can't think of anything more American.

BogeyNoMore 12-18-2020 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidSauls (Post 3670727)
I'm not so much cynical of the system, as thinking that at this scale, there's bound to be problems.

Bingo.

Countchunkula 12-18-2020 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wintry mix (Post 3670735)
This is nice sane discussion of a most insane year.
Been reading some states say they will be getting fewer vaccines in their 2nd batch than originally promised.
It's not clear why. In response to concerns about this Pfizer released this:

"Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) today released the following statement to address public comments that allege there are issues in the production and distribution of the company’s COVID-19 vaccine: “Pfizer is not having any production issues with our COVID-19 vaccine, and no shipments containing the vaccine are on hold or delayed. This week, we successfully shipped all 2.9 million doses that we were asked to ship by the U.S. Government to the locations specified by them. We have millions more doses sitting in our warehouse but, as of now, we have not received any shipment instructions for additional doses."

I guess Pfizer isn't interested in taking the blame.

I understand that the mass vaccination campaign is a complete logistical nightmare, but this is concerning. Wonder if the government is just slow to provide shipping instructions or if they don't have the proper cold storage in place at the intended destinations.

Countchunkula 12-18-2020 01:05 PM

My sister is actually getting her first shot today. She's a counseling psychologist who primarily works with women who have high risk pregnancies. She got an email out of the blue that she had an appointment today at a hospital in the northern Chicago suburbs. She lives in Carbondale (close to the southern tip of Illinois). No idea why she needs to drive the length of the state to get a stab. Also, most of her counseling sessions are done via video conference nowadays. :\


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.