Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Are we not taking Covid-19 seriously (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136199)

Jay Dub 12-19-2020 11:22 AM

I watched a piece yesterday about employers forcing employees to take the vaccine if they want to keep their job.

They can do that, it is not an infringement on your rights. Your employer is not the Govt. They can fire you for no reason.

^^Not replying to anyone. :)

ru4por 12-19-2020 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerbob (Post 3671065)
I work as a respiratory therapist at a level 1 trauma center in Indiana. We received a link from work, which takes you to the Indiana government website. There you're asked where you work, a few other questions, and your zip code. If you're a health care worker, but your facility isn't listed it then sends you to a facility by your zip code.

I was scheduled for this coming Monday, but then got another email saying not enough doses. I had to reschedule for the 29th of December.

Hospital folks are a broad swath just like the general population. Some associates are saying they are going to get the vaccine, some want to wait. Examples are a co-worker who has had a kidney transplant, their MD told them to wait. A younger female co-worker is going to wait because she hasn't had children yet, not that any MD has advised her of this position. Currently the hospital is not requiring associates to receive the vaccine.

It's been a slog since March, with a brief let down in late summer with only two patients with covid on vents and two on the floors in the entire hospital. However, just like every where else, patient volume has increased 10x that amount and hasn't seemed to plateau yet.

Trying to go the ru4por route and get into technology. The job is not feasible till retirement. It's a young persons game due to nature of patient load, shift length, etc. Seen too many RTs in their late 50's getting knee and hip replacements, limping and shuffling around the hospital till their retirement.

Hang tough, brother. :hfive:

ru4por 12-19-2020 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Dub (Post 3671070)
I watched a piece yesterday about employers forcing employees to take the vaccine if they want to keep their job.

They can do that, it is not an infringement on your rights. Your employer is not the Govt. They can fire you for no reason.

I had read that one of the conditions of the emergency use certification was that the vaccine could not be mandated. I don't remember where I read it. I will try to validate this.

ru4por 12-19-2020 12:28 PM

Even the simplest and most straightforward of logistics, becomes a mess. I think this is foreshadowing of the issues to come. A plan and national leadership is going to quickly become paramount.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/front-line...015646719.html

jakebake91 12-19-2020 12:35 PM

Seen a sign on a gas station door yesterday, see if some of you guys can spot the mistake. Not an exact quote but lll try and stay as close as I can.

"Our governor says that you you have to wear a mask in this establishment. However, due to HIPPA laws, we can not ask you about your medical conditions. So, we will not question your decisions. Thank you for your business"

I will not be frequenting this place again.

DanJon 12-19-2020 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Dub (Post 3671070)

There are loopholes, i.e. Disabilities or Religious Exemptions.

Vonbeezy1 12-19-2020 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3671085)
I had read that one of the conditions of the emergency use certification was that the vaccine could not be mandated. I don't remember where I read it. I will try to validate this.

I am NOT going to get into a debate about vaccines ( I am an RN and I work front line) but if at any point in the near future hospitals mandated the covid vaccine, not only is it a slippery slope (just like mandated flu vaccines), you are talking about the potential for mass exodus from people who do direct patient care. I think hospitals should seriously think this through if they have any thoughts on making it mandatory. There is already a nursing shortage and enough front liners who are skeptical about a vaccine to make it downright dangerous for patients (patient ratios and quality of care) if they mandate the vaccine.

Vonbeezy1 12-19-2020 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerbob (Post 3671065)
I work as a respiratory therapist at a level 1 trauma center in Indiana. We received a link from work, which takes you to the Indiana government website. There you're asked where you work, a few other questions, and your zip code. If you're a health care worker, but your facility isn't listed it then sends you to a facility by your zip code.

I was scheduled for this coming Monday, but then got another email saying not enough doses. I had to reschedule for the 29th of December.

Hospital folks are a broad swath just like the general population. Some associates are saying they are going to get the vaccine, some want to wait. Examples are a co-worker who has had a kidney transplant, their MD told them to wait. A younger female co-worker is going to wait because she hasn't had children yet, not that any MD has advised her of this position. Currently the hospital is not requiring associates to receive the vaccine.

It's been a slog since March, with a brief let down in late summer with only two patients with covid on vents and two on the floors in the entire hospital. However, just like every where else, patient volume has increased 10x that amount and hasn't seemed to plateau yet.

Trying to go the ru4por route and get into technology. The job is not feasible till retirement. It's a young persons game due to nature of patient load, shift length, etc. Seen too many RTs in their late 50's getting knee and hip replacements, limping and shuffling around the hospital till their retirement.

You should quit your job and go down to Texas with Krucial :D:D:D Make that high dollar and high overtime and retire early hahaha
RT's are a godsend for us nurses and are truly unsung heroes along with many other professions in the hospital! Thank you!

DanJon 12-19-2020 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakebake91 (Post 3671091)
Seen a sign on a gas station door yesterday, see if some of you guys can spot the mistake. Not an exact quote but lll try and stay as close as I can.

"Our governor says that you you have to wear a mask in this establishment. However, due to HIPPA laws, we can not ask you about your medical conditions. So, we will not question your decisions. Thank you for your business"

I will not be frequenting this place again.

At least it wasn't HIPPO Laws.

That and you don't have to ask them about anything.

No mask, no entry.

If they complain, offer reasonable accommodation and that's it.

Jay Dub 12-19-2020 12:51 PM

Uh,...er....I'm proof employers can fire you for no reason. :(

I would argue you can not put my other employees are risk by not taking the vaccine.