Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Are we not taking Covid-19 seriously (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136199)

hiflyer 12-20-2020 03:27 AM

I'm not sure how to accomplish that, as I had missed the edit window.

DavidSauls 12-20-2020 06:13 AM

Click on the report posts link and tell moderator. (That's the red-bordered triangle next to the post number).

hiflyer 12-20-2020 12:01 PM

Ok. Cool. Thats what I did. Thank you!

billmh 12-20-2020 12:23 PM

More of the same
 
1 Attachment(s)
We have a lot of friends in medicine. So my contribution to this thread going forward will be posting occasional pictures of them as they get vaccinations as part of their practice.

This is of our friend Matt, a doctor at Providence Med Center, Anchorage. He got his on Friday morning. Here's what he posted: "I rarely post but thought this should go up. After seeing 10 ptís with covid this am, I want to thank the scientists of pfizer, the staff of Providence med center, and the us govt operation warp speed for how this is a new day for my patients, friends, and family."

(BTW, he and his kids occasionally play Kincaid, and x-country ski there in the winter.)

DavidSauls 12-20-2020 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiflyer (Post 3671350)
Ok. Cool. Thats what I did. Thank you!

I did enjoy it....but it was out of place in this thread, thanks for doing that.

R-Ogre 12-20-2020 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billmh (Post 3671357)
We have a lot of friends in medicine. So my contribution to this thread going forward will be posting occasional pictures of them as they get vaccinations as part of their practice.

This is of our friend Matt, a doctor at Providence Med Center, Anchorage. He got his on Friday morning. Here's what he posted: "I rarely post but thought this should go up. After seeing 10 ptís with covid this am, I want to thank the scientists of pfizer, the staff of Providence med center, and the us govt operation warp speed for how this is a new day for my patients, friends, and family."

(BTW, he and his kids occasionally play Kincaid, and x-country ski there in the winter.)

Another Alaskan!

txmxer 12-20-2020 05:45 PM

Lake Superior 2020 open popped up on my YouTube feed. Says it was played 7/31/2020.

No masks to be seen. No distancing.

Had to double check the date.

ru4por 12-20-2020 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txmxer (Post 3671424)
Lake Superior 2020 open popped up on my YouTube feed. Says it was played 7/31/2020.

No masks to be seen. No distancing.

Had to double check the date.

I did not watch it, but it is a local A Tier event. I have played tournaments all summer and you would be hard pressed to see a mask during play. Tournament central, yes. Four guys on the card, no.

txmxer 12-21-2020 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3671431)
I did not watch it, but it is a local A Tier event. I have played tournaments all summer and you would be hard pressed to see a mask during play. Tournament central, yes. Four guys on the card, no.

They did have a camera crew in hand.

I think I was more surprised by the lack of distancing. Obviously not a big crowd, but when someone was on the tee, youíd see a gathering behind the tee box of 10+ or so that were part of /supporting the lead group all clumped together.

txmxer 12-21-2020 10:47 AM

We are in Christmas break as if Friday. On Saturday my 4th graders principal called to inform us one of Sam’s classmates tested positive for Covid late on Friday.

The kids wear masks all day. The school gets bombed every night with disinfectant. They wipe down surfaces continually throughout the day.

We will be fairly isolated through the break. But did have a few last minute XMas items I was planning to pick up.

Other than masking and normal hand sanitizing/washing how isolated/quarantined would you be in this situation? We won’t be around any elderly or at risk folks other than ourselves (me, my son and my wife) except for the potential store runs.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.