Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Are we not taking Covid-19 seriously (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136199)

ru4por 12-21-2020 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Dub (Post 3671679)
I did the grocery order and pick up once. Half my order was changed. So I go early morning and have all the old ladies hit on me.

Curb side pick up is available about everywhere here. The above is why Mrs. ru4por still goes at 7 am on Saturday. (I wonder if all the old ladies are hitting on her.....or....is she hitting on Jay Dub? :eek:) Like I said, we are cooking EVERY night, getting the right produce, meat and such is important to us.

Months ago I stopped up by the local head shop to grab some screens. They were curbside only as well. And they were friendly and good at it.

I guess the course could make a big difference on distancing. I certainly would not be tolerate of rando wandering up to me and my threesome. If we need to let someone play through, we get the hell out of the way and let them play though. Were I play, at the times I play, there are no backups, nor tee pad proximity issues.

DavidSauls 12-21-2020 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dysmike (Post 3671678)
Is this actually functional where you are? The only places around here that seems to actually have that down are:

Record stores
REI
Liquor stores

Grocery stores don't even tell you, before you pick up, that items aren't going to be actually delivered. It's a continual guessing game... still.. months in.

The comments on golf being ridiculously easy to social distance, yet people absolutely refusing to, are pretty spot on IMO.

The Walmart nearest me, does it. I haven't tried it yet, but my brother does it for groceries on a weekly basis, and says it works well.

jakebake91 12-21-2020 01:16 PM

Quote:

So I go early morning and have all the old ladies hit on me.

Do you like it as much as I do????

Always good to remind my wife I have options! Lol

Jay Dub 12-21-2020 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakebake91 (Post 3671688)
Do you like it as much as I do????

Always good to remind my wife I have options! Lol

I kept running into these 2 ladies today and finally asked if they were stalking me. They said no, I told them I'd give them $5 if they'd say yes. :p

Broken Shoulder 12-21-2020 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dysmike (Post 3671678)
Is this actually functional where you are? The only places around here that seems to actually have that down are:

Record stores
REI
Liquor stores

Grocery stores don't even tell you, before you pick up, that items aren't going to be actually delivered. It's a continual guessing game... still.. months in.

The comments on golf being ridiculously easy to social distance, yet people absolutely refusing to, are pretty spot on IMO.

Totally depends on the store.
Walgreens is a nightmare. Don't bother.

perklc 12-21-2020 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3671669)
That is a shame. Disc golf is certain played in an environment where social distancing is easy. I did stop playing a league this fall/winter because the group that played were a COVID nightmare. But, for the most part, golf has been great.

I ended up being fortunate that, because of the time change, the tag league that I am in stopped for the year. One of the guys, and his wife, that I play with most often tested positive like two weeks after our season was over. I played in the tag rounds one or two times per week since June, and we were all good about socially distancing, but there are probably 3 holes on our course where it's very difficult for everyone to be six feet apart at the tee area. He and his wife are both doing fine now, but for my own health, I was glad they got it well after we had last played together.

Quote:

I did the grocery order and pick up once. Half my order was changed. So I go early morning and have all the old ladies hit on me.

I was already doing grocery pick up well before the pandemic, but I have found that since its popularity has grown in the last 9 months, that I need to be strategic about when I order. In the early days of the pandemic, you were only allowed to reserve a time 3 days out, you could only check out with $35 in the cart, new slots opened up around midnight, and they went pretty quick. Like, if I waited until noon that same day, the spots would be gone. I would wake up at/stay up to midnight pick a time that worked for me 3 days away, add something expensive from the first page of the app (like a big bottle of alcohol), check out then go back to sleep. I'd then have the next 2.5 days to edit my order and get what I actually wanted.

Now it's not so bad. They are back to their normal 5 (or maybe it's 7?) days to reserve a time slot, but I have learned it is best to pick a time early in the morning so that it's most likely they will have that item still in stock that day. Also, it's important to do the shopping in my app early in the morning so that things are still in stock in their system. I've had times where I wanted to add, say naan, to my pick up that was 3 days away, but I couldn't add it because they were out of stock at the time I was adding the item to my order.

Hampstead 12-21-2020 10:24 PM

I'm picky, so I don't trust strangers to shop for me. Shocker! I usually go to the grocery store around 8pm and things are pretty quiet. No lines to wait in, no crowds to fight through. Around here, everyone has a mask.

ejvogie 12-21-2020 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hampstead (Post 3671890)
I'm picky, so I don't trust strangers to shop for me. Shocker! I usually go to the grocery store around 8pm and things are pretty quiet. No lines to wait in, no crowds to fight through. Around here, everyone has a mask.

Everyone here wears one too. Normally under the chin or under the nose :mad:

JedV 12-22-2020 01:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Every time I see someone with their nose hanging out of their mask, I think of this meme...

*Cartoon NSFW content*

ru4por 12-22-2020 09:03 AM

As most have likely heard or read, a significant mutation of the virus has been documented in the UK. Since it is an important finding I thought I would post this here. This is not a scientific article, but it brings to light a couple very important points that I have highlighted below.

- Researchers have recorded thousands of tiny modifications in the genetic material of the coronavirus as it has hopscotched across the world.

-The British variant has about 20 mutations, including several that affect how the virus locks onto human cells and infects them. These mutations may allow the variant to replicate and transmit more efficiently, said Muge Cevik, an infectious disease expert at the University of St. Andrews in Scotland and a scientific adviser to the British government.

-But several experts urged caution, saying it would take years not months for the virus to evolve enough to render the current vaccines impotent.

-Like all viruses, the coronavirus is a shape-shifter. Some genetic changes are inconsequential, but some may give it an edge.

Again, not a research paper, but this article does a nice job of talking through the concept of a virus.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavir...125731930.html