Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Are we not taking Covid-19 seriously (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136199)

Jay Dub 02-03-2021 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monocacy (Post 3687490)
Are we not taking COVID-19 seriously? Let me answer a question with a question.

How many will be going to Super Spreader Sunday parties?

Life long friends called and wanted to get together for a euchre party like we used to do. The plan was to do this in a week or two.

He's been working which means he's traveling. I hated to do it but I had to say no to them.

They are good friends and we will never go political on each other. He respected my answer and said we'll do it as soon as we can.

BogeyNoMore 02-03-2021 10:39 AM

Quote:

Just my son & I. We shall feast upon slow cooked pulled pork, and assorted snackage.

ru4por 02-03-2021 10:40 AM

Quote:

Funny you should ask. I had a good buddy of mine that called yesterday. I saw him once this summer while we walked 18 holes of swat golf. I do miss him and his family. He was having his immediate family over for the game and invited me, knowing I have had my shots. (that is funny, sounds like I am talking about a dog) I declined, telling him I am just not comfortable with an indoor family gathering. He laughed and told me he planned to heat the garage, doors open and have a bonfire going. Reminded me that only the two of us are hardy enough or interested enough to stand around outside in winter. Which is true. I would still have to pop in for a few minutes greeting to the family. I might pop in to grab food. These are still risks, both to the aging two mothers living at my buddies and to my unprotected wife back at home. I might go.....but with a predicted high of 17 degrees, maybe not.

dysmike 02-03-2021 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Pacific (Post 3687436)
Context matters. Humans as an animal species are far and beyond the most selective in terms of breeding than any animal that has ever existed in history of the planet.

I know were just having fun, but I try and remember that all things considered, Idiocracy isn't real and is just a funny B movie and in actuality we humans are moving in the opposite direction.

Humans might be, humanity clearly isn't.

DavidSauls 02-03-2021 11:00 AM

Quote:

I just dodged a bullet after watching a 2-hour basketball game with 1 other person in my bubble (who got sick 2 days later, tested positive, and suffered through a brutal week). That's all the experience I need to watch the Super Bowl solo.

But, yeah, you reckon there'll be another little case spike in 2-3 weeks?

dysmike 02-03-2021 11:05 AM

Arizona just this past month took a dip in case rates for the first time since October, I suspect also that in 2 weeks we'll be back on the upward trend.

Then again, if you want to catch covid. Come here, we're #1!

Monocacy 02-03-2021 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidSauls (Post 3687512)
But, yeah, you reckon there'll be another little case spike in 2-3 weeks?

Unfortunately, yes. Polls show that about 25% of the U.S. population plans to attend a Super Bowl party.

Hoping that the polls are wrong. :rolleyes:

Nova P 02-03-2021 02:00 PM

Quote:

I'm a Chiefs fan and live close to KC, and no, hell no, no way am I partying with people outside my household.

medic5888 02-04-2021 07:03 AM

Quote:

Seeing how my seahawks crapped the bed and wont be there I have no need to watch another brady superbowl. I would not be having a party even if my boys were there are not.

Update on the shot. Im 2 1/2 weeks post 2nd shot I feel fine. My wife also a paramedic post 2 day 2nd shot.... swollen lymph nodes under left arm and nausea. 17% of people get that reaction. It is a sign of the body producing antibodies. Just a painful thing for her to have to go through.

ejvogie 02-04-2021 05:18 PM

Wife was feeling a bit garbagey this morning (1st day post round 2), but no fever, so she went to work. Told her boss she may take a nap midday if necessary, as it laid her out pretty good after the first dose.