Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Are we not taking Covid-19 seriously (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136199)

Jay Dub 02-05-2021 10:33 PM

Wash, rinse and repeat.

Monocacy 02-05-2021 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeK (Post 3688227)
So the latest pseudoscience is that even after the vaccine, the lab rats need to keep wearing masks?

Yes, wearing masks is still recommended. This recommendation is based on actual science, too! But first, for those who are interested, a little background.

When Moderna and Pfizer did Phase 3 trials, they tested whether the vaccine prevented symptomatic disease. Their vaccines did a bang-up job at this, preventing roughly 95% of symptomatic disease, and darn near 100% of serious disease (the kind that would send you to a hospital and tie up scarce medical resources).

But. Phase 3 trials did not test whether the vaccine prevented asymptomatic infection. You know, the kind that causes nearly half of viral spread. People who feel fine and may not realize that they are spreading germs. Vaccine manufacturers are just starting to gather that information.

For example, a small data set for the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine (low dose/standard dose regimen) showed 70.4% efficacy at preventing symptomatic disease, but suggests only 58.9% efficacy at preventing asymptomatic infection.

Oxford–AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine efficacy | The Lancet

Pfizer and Moderna are doing similar studies, so we will know more when we know more.

For now, the prudent thing to do is keep taking appropriate precautions until we can show that doing so is no longer necessary.

MikeK 02-05-2021 11:02 PM

That’s all well and good Monocacy, but I’d rather take some ivermectin every time I think I’m getting sick than take a chance on one of these mostly untested “vaccines” that possibly will make me more susceptible. Antibody-dependent enhancement doesn’t scare you?

ru4por 02-05-2021 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeK (Post 3688235)
You mean the virus that 99.99% of people under the age of 50 survive?

Clear demonstration of caring for nobody but yourself...............check
Psychotic conspiracy theories.......................................... .......check
No interest in science or even common sense...........................check
Complete disconnect from reality........................................... .check
Made up facts............................................. .........................check

The boxes all are checked...........yup, covidiot.

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.

Selfish is a product of immaturity....and bad parenting. With time, you can overcome both.

Monocacy 02-05-2021 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeK (Post 3688241)
That’s all well and good Monocacy, but I’d rather take some ivermectin every time I think I’m getting sick than take a chance on one of these mostly untested “vaccines” that possibly will make me more susceptible. Antibody-dependent enhancement doesn’t scare you?

No, antibody-dependent enhancement does not worry me. If it was a significant issue with COVID it should have showed up during vaccine trials. Beyond that, with about 35 million people vaccinated in the U.S. and 120 million vaccinated worldwide, is likely that any serious adverse effects would have been noticed. Instead we see that vaccines are remarkably effective at preventing serious illness.

Just curious - why do you call a vaccine a "vaccine"?

Andy why do you call vaccines that have been tested on tens of thousands of people "untested"?

medic5888 02-06-2021 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeK (Post 3688235)
You mean the virus that 99.99% of people under the age of 50 survive?

Ok basic math and facts. The 1% that dont survive thats 3 million people. Im not ok with that. Facts 70% of people who recover are being readmitted with pulmonary embolisms and dvts. Facts ots scares your lungs worse than smoking. You're basically saying you dont care for your fellow people in the world. Keep believeing your qanon bs.

DavidSauls 02-06-2021 07:02 AM

Guys, don't feed the trolls. At this point, if people don't understand, they're not going to.

DavidSauls 02-06-2021 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monocacy (Post 3688239)

For example, a small data set for the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine (low dose/standard dose regimen) showed 70.4% efficacy at preventing symptomatic disease, but suggests only 58.9% efficacy at preventing asymptomatic infection.

I'd take that as a good sign, particularly if the other vaccines have similar results. If a high percentage of people get vaccinated and ~60% of those don't spread the virus, it ought to put a huge dent in how much it can spread.

MikeK 02-06-2021 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monocacy (Post 3688245)
No, antibody-dependent enhancement does not worry me. If it was a significant issue with COVID it should have showed up during vaccine trials. Beyond that, with about 35 million people vaccinated in the U.S. and 120 million vaccinated worldwide, is likely that any serious adverse effects would have been noticed. Instead we see that vaccines are remarkably effective at preventing serious illness.

Just curious - why do you call a vaccine a "vaccine"?

Andy why do you call vaccines that have been tested on tens of thousands of people "untested"?

The long term effects have not been tested.

Nothing to say about ivermectin? I so hate to sound cynical, but it’s so inexpensive that it seems to be ignored by the overpriced medical establishment.

MikeK 02-06-2021 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidSauls (Post 3688274)
Guys, don't feed the trolls. At this point, if people don't understand, they're not going to.

Why stop now? Rupor’s been trolling for a year now.