Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Are we not taking Covid-19 seriously (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136199)

Halcón 02-09-2021 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3689172)
People just don't know how much damage COVID can do

This is absolutely true.

uncle pennybags 02-10-2021 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3689172)
People just don't know how much damage COVID can do and the long lasting, known and unknown, effects. Stay safe, man.

I'm in my 3rd month of recovery and been back to work for a month now, I still get randomly winded and tired for what I think to be no good reason. I still haven't regained all the strength I lost from those 8 days in the hospital and another 14'ish of almost no movement at home.

I have a funny feeling that this will permanently change me in ways that I'm not going to be super happy with. Well....either that or turning 43 this year :\

jakebake91 02-10-2021 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerbob (Post 3689162)
Hopefully, people weren't selfish around super bowl time, but prior history around Thanksgiving and Christmas would lead me to believe otherwise. Keep wearing masks, even when chucking the plastic!

On the optimistic side...super bowl parties aren't quite as popular as Thanksgiving and Christmas are. So there's hope that the ensuing spike *shouldn't* be as bad. But time will tell.

P.S..... As always, thanks for doing what you do!!!!

dysmike 02-10-2021 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncle pennybags (Post 3689215)
I'm in my 3rd month of recovery and been back to work for a month now, I still get randomly winded and tired for what I think to be no good reason. I still haven't regained all the strength I lost from those 8 days in the hospital and another 14'ish of almost no movement at home.

I have a funny feeling that this will permanently change me in ways that I'm not going to be super happy with. Well....either that or turning 43 this year :\

It's not the being 43, here's to healing up!

hiflyer 02-10-2021 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakebake91 (Post 3689274)
On the optimistic side...super bowl parties aren't quite as popular as Thanksgiving and Christmas are. So there's hope that the ensuing spike *shouldn't* be as bad. But time will tell.

P.S..... As always, thanks for doing what you do!!!!

And on the pessimists side, there's a lot more drunkenness, high-fives, chest bumps, "thank you jeebus" smooches, multiple hands in the chip bowl, wide mouthed cheering and hooting... Essentially more vectors are present at a Super B... Big Game party, than a (usually)more subdued holiday party.

medic5888 02-10-2021 08:34 PM

I just wish everyone could see what all of us medical providers see. I see the front end of it. I have intubated covid pts bc its my last resort knowing they will probably never come off a vent. Watching people struggling to breath worse than any asthmatic or CHF patients I have ever had as 17 years as a paramedic. I can only imagine how my nurses on here feel having to stay with these people day in and day out. My 8 by 6 box for 45 min going as fast as I can down the road is rough enough. To all my health care workers on here, my brothers and sisters on here thank you for everything you do.

DavidSauls 02-10-2021 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by medic5888 (Post 3689449)
I just wish everyone could see what all of us medical providers see. I see the front end of it. I have intubated covid pts bc its my last resort knowing they will probably never come off a vent. Watching people struggling to breath worse than any asthmatic or CHF patients I have ever had as 17 years as a paramedic. I can only imagine how my nurses on here feel having to stay with these people day in and day out. My 8 by 6 box for 45 min going as fast as I can down the road is rough enough. To all my health care workers on here, my brothers and sisters on here thank you for everything you do.

Not "just the flu", eh?

Monkeypaws 02-11-2021 01:10 AM

You know, I was in Spain when it blew up in March 2020: they clamped down like nothing seen here except NYC. It worked, for a while. They are now just as bad as the US, where no, we never took it seriously.

Even where govenment takes it seriously, there is no accounting for human nature, especially folks who wanna party. Such a slippery slope, and so easily violated.

robdeforge 02-11-2021 07:38 AM

super essential travel led to the creation of this video

Jay Dub 02-11-2021 07:44 AM

^^^"They are pro disc golfers, why the hate"? :\

:wall::wall: