Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Are we not taking Covid-19 seriously (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136199)

JuanA 12-18-2020 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dysmike (Post 3670656)
That's funny. According to the scheduling, we might be able to get it... in June or July.

We just got an update from our HR department, and our company falls into the general population which in Colorado is expected to start vaccinations in May or June.

dysmike 12-18-2020 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuanA (Post 3670811)
We just got an update from our HR department, and our company falls into the general population which in Colorado is expected to start vaccinations in May or June.

Tucson, and thus Pima County, is the half-bastard step child in Arizona. I'm sure Yava Pai will have their full allotment first :sick:

peabody 12-18-2020 03:03 PM

Let's say you get the phyzer first shot then three weeks later you mistakenly get in line for the moderna second shot.
Just what superpowers will invade your a$$?
Or realistically what kind of reaction will befall you?

Nova P 12-18-2020 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peabody (Post 3670848)
Let's say you get the phyzer first shot then three weeks later you mistakenly get in line for the moderna second shot.

I hope it gives me a better forehand.

DavidSauls 12-18-2020 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peabody (Post 3670848)

Way over my head, but from my nebulous understanding of this, I wouldn't expect a negative reaction.

If each is teaching your body to create proteins so your immune system will recognize them when the virus shows up, I don't see why one would affect the other. You might not get the protection you'd get with proper dosage, though.

Just my guess, though I don't plan to test it.

Jay Dub 12-18-2020 05:20 PM

From what I have heard and read there will not be a choice as to which one you can get. Your/our areas will get one or the other but not both vaccines, if what I heard is correct. Which means getting half of one then half of the other will be impossible, if that's correct.

Emoney 12-19-2020 12:40 AM

I guess around fall 2021 is when i will have access to the vaccine.

In the meantime, i got the family a Vitamin D supplement. I know there isnt enough research yet to prove anything but i have heard enough medical professionals suggest it.
Plus ,its gray skies for a while for most of my fam and its cheap for a years supply. Cant hurt.
Hell, 12$ to help ease a little anxiety i have for the family member i sent it for, is worth it to me.

wolfhaley 12-19-2020 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dysmike (Post 3670815)
Tucson, and thus Pima County, is the half-bastard step child in Arizona. I'm sure Yava Pai will have their full allotment first :sick:

You make me dislike Arizona more and more with every one of your posts. I used to only think of it when deciding which kind of iced tea to buy, but now I don't think I ever want to go there. Not that I ever wanted to anyway. :D

dysmike 12-19-2020 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfhaley (Post 3671000)
You make me dislike Arizona more and more with every one of your posts. I used to only think of it when deciding which kind of iced tea to buy, but now I don't think I ever want to go there. Not that I ever wanted to anyway. :D

There's lots of cool things about AZ, but the politics are currently just screwed.

Jerbob 12-19-2020 11:16 AM

I work as a respiratory therapist at a level 1 trauma center in Indiana. We received a link from work, which takes you to the Indiana government website. There you're asked where you work, a few other questions, and your zip code. If you're a health care worker, but your facility isn't listed it then sends you to a facility by your zip code.

I was scheduled for this coming Monday, but then got another email saying not enough doses. I had to reschedule for the 29th of December.

Hospital folks are a broad swath just like the general population. Some associates are saying they are going to get the vaccine, some want to wait. Examples are a co-worker who has had a kidney transplant, their MD told them to wait. A younger female co-worker is going to wait because she hasn't had children yet, not that any MD has advised her of this position. Currently the hospital is not requiring associates to receive the vaccine.

It's been a slog since March, with a brief let down in late summer with only two patients with covid on vents and two on the floors in the entire hospital. However, just like every where else, patient volume has increased 10x that amount and hasn't seemed to plateau yet.

Trying to go the ru4por route and get into technology. The job is not feasible till retirement. It's a young persons game due to nature of patient load, shift length, etc. Seen too many RTs in their late 50's getting knee and hip replacements, limping and shuffling around the hospital till their retirement.

Jay Dub 12-19-2020 11:22 AM

I watched a piece yesterday about employers forcing employees to take the vaccine if they want to keep their job.

They can do that, it is not an infringement on your rights. Your employer is not the Govt. They can fire you for no reason.

^^Not replying to anyone. :)

ru4por 12-19-2020 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerbob (Post 3671065)
I work as a respiratory therapist at a level 1 trauma center in Indiana. We received a link from work, which takes you to the Indiana government website. There you're asked where you work, a few other questions, and your zip code. If you're a health care worker, but your facility isn't listed it then sends you to a facility by your zip code.

I was scheduled for this coming Monday, but then got another email saying not enough doses. I had to reschedule for the 29th of December.

Hospital folks are a broad swath just like the general population. Some associates are saying they are going to get the vaccine, some want to wait. Examples are a co-worker who has had a kidney transplant, their MD told them to wait. A younger female co-worker is going to wait because she hasn't had children yet, not that any MD has advised her of this position. Currently the hospital is not requiring associates to receive the vaccine.

It's been a slog since March, with a brief let down in late summer with only two patients with covid on vents and two on the floors in the entire hospital. However, just like every where else, patient volume has increased 10x that amount and hasn't seemed to plateau yet.

Trying to go the ru4por route and get into technology. The job is not feasible till retirement. It's a young persons game due to nature of patient load, shift length, etc. Seen too many RTs in their late 50's getting knee and hip replacements, limping and shuffling around the hospital till their retirement.

Hang tough, brother. :hfive:

ru4por 12-19-2020 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Dub (Post 3671070)
I watched a piece yesterday about employers forcing employees to take the vaccine if they want to keep their job.

They can do that, it is not an infringement on your rights. Your employer is not the Govt. They can fire you for no reason.

I had read that one of the conditions of the emergency use certification was that the vaccine could not be mandated. I don't remember where I read it. I will try to validate this.

ru4por 12-19-2020 12:28 PM

Even the simplest and most straightforward of logistics, becomes a mess. I think this is foreshadowing of the issues to come. A plan and national leadership is going to quickly become paramount.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/front-line...015646719.html

jakebake91 12-19-2020 12:35 PM

Seen a sign on a gas station door yesterday, see if some of you guys can spot the mistake. Not an exact quote but lll try and stay as close as I can.

"Our governor says that you you have to wear a mask in this establishment. However, due to HIPPA laws, we can not ask you about your medical conditions. So, we will not question your decisions. Thank you for your business"

I will not be frequenting this place again.

DanJon 12-19-2020 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Dub (Post 3671070)

There are loopholes, i.e. Disabilities or Religious Exemptions.

Vonbeezy1 12-19-2020 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3671085)
I had read that one of the conditions of the emergency use certification was that the vaccine could not be mandated. I don't remember where I read it. I will try to validate this.

I am NOT going to get into a debate about vaccines ( I am an RN and I work front line) but if at any point in the near future hospitals mandated the covid vaccine, not only is it a slippery slope (just like mandated flu vaccines), you are talking about the potential for mass exodus from people who do direct patient care. I think hospitals should seriously think this through if they have any thoughts on making it mandatory. There is already a nursing shortage and enough front liners who are skeptical about a vaccine to make it downright dangerous for patients (patient ratios and quality of care) if they mandate the vaccine.

Vonbeezy1 12-19-2020 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerbob (Post 3671065)

You should quit your job and go down to Texas with Krucial :D:D:D Make that high dollar and high overtime and retire early hahaha
RT's are a godsend for us nurses and are truly unsung heroes along with many other professions in the hospital! Thank you!

DanJon 12-19-2020 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakebake91 (Post 3671091)
Seen a sign on a gas station door yesterday, see if some of you guys can spot the mistake. Not an exact quote but lll try and stay as close as I can.

"Our governor says that you you have to wear a mask in this establishment. However, due to HIPPA laws, we can not ask you about your medical conditions. So, we will not question your decisions. Thank you for your business"

I will not be frequenting this place again.

At least it wasn't HIPPO Laws.

That and you don't have to ask them about anything.

No mask, no entry.

If they complain, offer reasonable accommodation and that's it.

Jay Dub 12-19-2020 12:51 PM

Uh,...er....I'm proof employers can fire you for no reason. :(

I would argue you can not put my other employees are risk by not taking the vaccine.

Vonbeezy1 12-19-2020 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Dub (Post 3671109)
Uh,...er....I'm proof employers can fire you for no reason. :(

I would argue you can not put my other employees are risk by not taking the vaccine.

Do you work at a hospital? That is what I am referring to. There is no way that making the vaccine mandatory will be a viable option.

Jay Dub 12-19-2020 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vonbeezy1 (Post 3671113)
Do you work at a hospital? That is what I am referring to. There is no way that making the vaccine mandatory will be a viable option.

They were talking employers, nothing more specific than that.

Vonbeezy1 12-19-2020 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Dub (Post 3671117)
They were talking employers, nothing more specific than that.

Gotcha. I will be interested to see how this plays out in the upcoming months... I am a travel nurse so this is the most interesting time to be a nurse and work during a pandemic

ru4por 12-19-2020 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vonbeezy1 (Post 3671093)
I am NOT going to get into a debate about vaccines ( I am an RN and I work front line) but if at any point in the near future hospitals mandated the covid vaccine, not only is it a slippery slope (just like mandated flu vaccines), you are talking about the potential for mass exodus from people who do direct patient care. I think hospitals should seriously think this through if they have any thoughts on making it mandatory. There is already a nursing shortage and enough front liners who are skeptical about a vaccine to make it downright dangerous for patients (patient ratios and quality of care) if they mandate the vaccine.

I don't think you will see any healthcare systems mandating COVID vaccinations at this point. For the very reasons you highlight.

Vonbeezy1 12-19-2020 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3671125)
I don't think you will see any healthcare systems mandating COVID vaccinations at this point. For the very reasons you highlight.

Are you on facebook? I am on all the travel pages and someone posted that a hospital in Kentucky is mandating it. They linked the article to it. I will see if I can find it and post here

ru4por 12-19-2020 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vonbeezy1 (Post 3671127)
Are you on facebook? I am on all the travel pages and someone posted that a hospital in Kentucky is mandating it. They linked the article to it. I will see if I can find it and post here

I imagine some will try. But, it is ultimately a failing proposition. Once COVID has stabilized and staffing concerns are back to normal, I could see the mandates. Our system does not even mandate flu shots. You have to wear a mask in all patient areas, all the time, if you decline.

Monocacy 12-19-2020 02:00 PM

This Congressional Research Service article provides a nice overview of legal precedents for mandatory vaccination laws, noting that state and local governments have primary responsibility for preservation of public health in most cases. CRS is known for providing nonpartisan and thoroughly researched issue summaries.

Mandatory Vaccinations: Precedent and Current Laws | CRS 2014

billmh 12-19-2020 03:18 PM

Game on with the vaccine

1 Attachment(s)
My wife got her first dose of the Pfizer vaccine this morning. She is the Director of Pediatric Nursing at Riverside University Health System Medical Center. As of this writing they have over 140 COVID patients in the hospital. They had 15 on November 1st (which was plenty).

McCready 12-19-2020 04:47 PM

It’s truly breathtaking, we started hearing about this virus in January, pandemic & lockdowns started in March, and in December there are approved vaccines. Might be the greatest human achievement of my lifetime.

ru4por 12-19-2020 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McCready (Post 3671175)
Itís truly breathtaking, we started hearing about this virus in January, pandemic & lockdowns started in March, and in December there are approved vaccines. Might be the greatest human achievement of my lifetime.

I imagine an argument could be made for space travel and the internet, but the speed at which we have been able to bring a vaccine to market, is indeed amazing.

McCready 12-19-2020 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3671184)
I imagine an argument could be made for space travel and the internet, but the speed at which we have been able to bring a vaccine to market, is indeed amazing.

Sure but I was born in Ď71. :)

ru4por 12-19-2020 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McCready (Post 3671187)
Sure but I was born in Ď71. :)

Kids.......:rolleyes:

jakebake91 12-19-2020 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3671189)
Kids.......:rolleyes:

ROFL.......

My dad was born in '71.......

Riverdog 12-19-2020 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakebake91 (Post 3671192)
ROFL.......

My dad was born in '71.......

I was turning circles off Crete for the USN (grand) sonny boy. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji106][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidSauls 12-19-2020 06:05 PM

Quote:

Itís truly breathtaking, we started hearing about this virus in January, pandemic & lockdowns started in March, and in December there are approved vaccines. Might be the greatest human achievement of my lifetime.

With a tip of the hat to all the scientific research that preceded it, and made this possible; the sort of research that is too-often dismissed as impractical and a waste of money.

Jay Dub 12-19-2020 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidSauls (Post 3671201)
With a tip of the hat to all the scientific research that preceded it, and made this possible; the sort of research that is too-often dismissed as impractical and a waste of money.

My morning radio host had a doctor on that also pointed this out. In reality the past 10 years of advancements had a lot to do with the speed of this vaccine.

Jerbob 12-19-2020 06:13 PM

I just received a text at 18:00 from my immediate supervisor stating that 100 doses of vaccines need to be given by 20:00 tonight. Caveat, you have to have minimum two days off and I work Sunday night. I volunteered to move my shift, no dice. Text went out to all heads of departments, so hopefully it works out they get used.
Occasionally, I don't have a lot confidence in my current hospital system. Lol.

dysmike 12-19-2020 11:47 PM

Quote:

It'll take longer to get it out to the entire population than it did to develop.

hiflyer 12-20-2020 12:13 AM

I'm sorry, I posted in the wrong thread. Could someone remove that?

dysmike 12-20-2020 12:18 AM

You should be able to :)