Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Are we not taking Covid-19 seriously (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136199)

Hampstead 11-18-2020 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McCready (Post 3658755)
Dynamic Discraft Dad has seen some rough sh*t you guys. The China flu ain’t gonna rattle him. :thmbup:

I sure hope it has nothing to do with an altercation at a youth softball game.

DiscFifty 11-18-2020 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robdeforge (Post 3658803)
shouldn't they be social distancing, and wearing masks when social distancing (even outside) is not possible? I tried to find the answer for myself but I had a bit of a hard time reading through the texas covid site, and keeping up with ever-changing rules is tough even in my home state

Yes they should.

https://www.tarrantcounty.com/en/cou...formation.html

Discraft Dad 11-18-2020 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hampstead (Post 3658809)
I sure hope it has nothing to do with an altercation at a youth softball game.

Why? Are you a fan of youth softball games?

McCready 11-18-2020 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscFifty (Post 3658779)
And yet...just go one post back...... :wall:

Nothing at all contradictory in those posts. Trump cultists are overwhelmingly low-IQ conspiracy nuts and racists. I dislike them as much as the ultra-woke anti-free speech leftists. I’m not referring to lifelong traditional conservatives who voted for Trump by default but are embarrassed by him. I empathize with those folks. I count myself among the people who feel like we have no representation in DC.

ru4por 11-18-2020 01:54 PM

At risk of dragging this thread back out of the political muck. I just got word that one of my systems hospitals has been chosen to receive about 50,000-80,000 Pfizer vaccines. They are slated to be received Dec 1st and would be distributed throughout the 8 hospitals. No word as to when they will begin inoculation, nor whom will be getting the vaccine. It was discussed that we have the freezer capability and over a million syringes stockpiled. Please let this be the beginning of the end.

Discraft Dad 11-18-2020 01:59 PM

That is good news.

dysmike 11-18-2020 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3658865)
At risk of dragging this thread back out of the political muck. I just got word that one of my systems hospitals has been chosen to receive about 50,000-80,000 Pfizer vaccines. They are slated to be received Dec 1st and would be distributed throughout the 8 hospitals. No word as to when they will begin inoculation, nor whom will be getting the vaccine. It was discussed that we have the freezer capability and over a million syringes stockpiled. Please let this be the beginning of the end.

That's awesome news! :clap: I do believe they need to triage the rollout. I rather suspect they will. You guys should certainly get them before me, I work from home.

DavidSauls 11-18-2020 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dysmike (Post 3658874)
That's awesome news! :clap: I do believe they need to triage the rollout. I rather suspect they will. You guys should certainly get them before me, I work from home.

There are 5 groups, in stages. For some reason, the first two are 1A & 1B. Those professionals on the Covid floor are definitely 1A, first in line.

I, on the other hand, am in the 4th and final group.

DavidSauls 11-18-2020 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3658865)
At risk of dragging this thread back out of the political muck. I just got word that one of my systems hospitals has been chosen to receive about 50,000-80,000 Pfizer vaccines. They are slated to be received Dec 1st and would be distributed throughout the 8 hospitals. No word as to when they will begin inoculation, nor whom will be getting the vaccine. It was discussed that we have the freezer capability and over a million syringes stockpiled. Please let this be the beginning of the end.

If you sneak in and grab yourself one, remember to wear a coat.

DiscFifty 11-18-2020 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McCready (Post 3658847)
Nothing at all contradictory in those posts. Trump cultists are...

Didn't quote about your Trump rant....my quote from you was this....

Quote:

Originally Posted by McCready (Post 3658738)
I never realized how much of a racist he is. Most of his friends are current or retired cops.

I thought you were including the police officers as being racists, but now I understand you were just saying you were even more surprised he was a racist because he had police officers as friends. My bad, I apologize.

DiscFifty 11-18-2020 02:37 PM

Heard on the radio today Texas will be part of the initial vaccine distribution. Good news as we are blowing up.

Discraft Dad 11-18-2020 02:49 PM

I think everywhere is blowing up.

ru4por 11-18-2020 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dysmike (Post 3658874)
That's awesome news! :clap: I do believe they need to triage the rollout. I rather suspect they will. You guys should certainly get them before me, I work from home.

I don't want anyone to have a false impression. Some here may not know my story.

I am a RN working in IT for my healthcare system. I also work from home. In April, I chose to go back and work at bedside on COVID units for a couple months. My IT job told me to come back or lose my job. I am still in the hospitals from time to time, as my job is to act as a liaison/trainer to nurses, lend my clinical experience in IT decisions, in addition to my electronic medical record build responsibilities.

I don't want to mislead those who don't know this. Sadly, I suspect I will end up back at bedside in the next few weeks.

DavidSauls 11-18-2020 03:07 PM

Thanks ru4por, I'd lost track, I remember you mentioning going back to bedside, I thought it had already happened.

jakebake91 11-18-2020 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3658915)
I don't want anyone to have a false impression. Some here may not know my story.

I am a RN working in IT for my healthcare system. I also work from home. In April, I chose to go back and work at bedside on COVID units for a couple months. My IT job told me to come back or lose my job. I am still in the hospitals from time to time, as my job is to act as a liaison/trainer to nurses, lend my clinical experience in IT decisions, in addition to my electronic medical record build responsibilities.

I don't want to mislead those who don't know this. Sadly, I suspect I will end up back at bedside in the next few weeks.



We need a spot where we can all upload our resumés lol...... would be useful sometimes. I know I often forget that people don't actually know my professional experiences on these boards.

ru4por 11-18-2020 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidSauls (Post 3658884)
If you sneak in and grab yourself one, remember to wear a coat.

You know, this got me thinking. I wonder if the vaccines are guarded or secured. I would imagine they would be pretty hot black market items. Of course, useless without the proper freezing, but criminals have no real track record of intelligence. That would be quite a caper.

Monocacy 11-18-2020 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3658929)
You know, this got me thinking. I wonder if the vaccines are guarded or secured. I would imagine they would be pretty hot black market items. Of course, useless without the proper freezing, but criminals have no real track record of intelligence. That would be quite a caper.

It has happened before:

Armed polio vaccine heist, Montreal 1959

Broken Shoulder 11-18-2020 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3658929)
You know, this got me thinking. I wonder if the vaccines are guarded or secured. I would imagine they would be pretty hot black market items. Of course, useless without the proper freezing, but criminals have no real track record of intelligence. That would be quite a caper.

Didn't you post a while back that you took a test that showed you had antibodies?
If that's true...

*leans close and whispers*

...I'll give you one hundred American dollars for your vaccine.

ru4por 11-18-2020 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broken Shoulder (Post 3658942)
Didn't you post a while back that you took a test that showed you had antibodies?
If that's true...

*leans close and whispers*

...I'll give you one hundred American dollars for your vaccine.

Lol....I indeed tested positive for the antibodies. I will be interested in how that comes into play in the decision to vaccinate.

jakebake91 11-18-2020 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3658929)
You know, this got me thinking. I wonder if the vaccines are guarded or secured. I would imagine they would be pretty hot black market items. Of course, useless without the proper freezing, but criminals have no real track record of intelligence. That would be quite a caper.

I know my wife had mentioned her clinic is planning on severely beefing up it's security when vaccines do arrive. I'm guessing they are guarded pretty close.

Of course "beefing up" is relative. Their current security involves a rent a cop driving thru the parking lot once every 12 hours.

ru4por 11-18-2020 05:29 PM

IMO, this IS the nightmare. It is also the answer as to why lockdowns are important.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...cid=uxbndlbing

dysmike 11-18-2020 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3658976)
IMO, this IS the nightmare. It is also the answer as to why lockdowns are important.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...cid=uxbndlbing

I agree, it's an operational and logistical nightmare. It doesn't matter if there are beds, if there isn't staff.

JedV 11-18-2020 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3658929)
You know, this got me thinking. I wonder if the vaccines are guarded or secured. I would imagine they would be pretty hot black market items. Of course, useless without the proper freezing, but criminals have no real track record of intelligence. That would be quite a caper.

One thing is true... There will be disgusting opportunists trying to scan people with fake/counterfeit vaccines.

Fake diagnostic COVID tests have been circulating.

Fake N95 masks have come out of China.

I'm sure there are more examples :(

txmxer 11-18-2020 09:51 PM

NOT kid friendly...


dysmike 11-18-2020 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txmxer (Post 3659072)
NOT kid friendly...


I loved when they had him do that on Kimmel

robdeforge 11-19-2020 07:07 AM

whoops, I embedded the wrong half of the most recent GK pro skins video. meant to include the one where luke humphries goes into a 7-11 middle of the round (about 15 minutes into the video if embedded time doesn't work)


Discraft Dad 11-19-2020 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dysmike (Post 3659113)
I loved when they had him do that on Kimmel

Yeah I like when rich people that can afford to stay at home tell us common people that cant afford it to do the same. SMH.

Jay Dub 11-19-2020 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discraft Dad (Post 3659153)
Yeah I like when rich people that can afford to stay at home tell us common people that cant afford it to do the same. SMH.

Yeah, watching these rich fools in their well groomed mansions with acres of land "toughing it out".

They have a good grip on reality. /s :rolleyes:

Monocacy 11-19-2020 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discraft Dad (Post 3659153)
Yeah I like when rich people that can afford to stay at home tell us common people that cant afford it to do the same. SMH.

Yes that hit me the same way.

There are plenty of other things that people can do to help reduce the amount of disease and death.

dysmike 11-19-2020 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discraft Dad (Post 3659153)
Yeah I like when rich people that can afford to stay at home tell us common people that cant afford it to do the same. SMH.

Wow, you really just have no sense of humor. SMH.

Lighten up Francis.

dysmike 11-19-2020 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monocacy (Post 3659166)
Yes that hit me the same way.

There are plenty of other things that people can do to help reduce the amount of disease and death.

You guys do remember that this was in the initial week of the pandemic, right?

You also know there's a book called "Go the **** to sleep", right?

Discraft Dad 11-19-2020 09:26 AM

I appreciate humor when its actually funny. I guess I am just not easily amused.

Discraft Dad 11-19-2020 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dysmike (Post 3659171)
You guys do remember that this was in the initial week of the pandemic, right?

You also know there's a book called "Go the **** to sleep", right?

I don't watch that terrible show so I would have no idea when that originally aired. Either way, not funny.

dysmike 11-19-2020 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discraft Dad (Post 3659177)
I don't watch that terrible show so I would have no idea when that originally aired. Either way, not funny.

Yea, you really DO have no sense of humor. Might want to try it sometime. Life's better when you can make fun of things.

ru4por 11-19-2020 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discraft Dad (Post 3659177)
I don't watch that terrible show so I would have no idea when that originally aired. Either way, not funny.

This guy looks pretty poor, is this better?

https://www.google.com/search?q=stay...PrtQaZ_KrwAQ18

My limited technological abilities seem to prevent me from embedding.

Monocacy 11-19-2020 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dysmike (Post 3659171)
You guys do remember that this was in the initial week of the pandemic, right?

You also know there's a book called "Go the **** to sleep", right?

"Go the **** to sleep" is funny.

I remember the other clip from the early pandemic days, and it didn't sit right with me even then. Same as when I hear people talk about how "everybody" is working from home.

Jukeshoe 11-19-2020 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dysmike (Post 3659182)
Yea, you really DO have no sense of humor. Might want to try it sometime. Life's better when you can make fun of things.

*tries making one of these...'jokes'*

*shackles of painful lifetime with no lulz miraculously lifted*

*floats away*

*Jokeshoe never seen nor heard from ever again*

JRW III 11-19-2020 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3658686)
The risk has nothing to do with you! Man, I don't really understand why people struggle with this.

You are welcome to make decisions on your own mortality. The problem is that the risk you undertake, is not only your own. Your survival needs, of going to the bar, gym, church, bowling alley....are then exponentially passed on to scores of high risk people. The danger of this virus has been asymptomatic carriers, exposing the elderly and high risk population. Even for the those trying to claim, I go to the gym and only see my cousin, other then that. Cousin Jim sees his family. Jim's wife works at Walmart.....

Nobody should be going to indoor activities, with other people, not wearing masks, for extended periods of time. Not because it is dangerous for them....because it is dangerous for the thousands of people they can infect.

Much debate on what levels of protocols are needed and there is science supporting multiple paths. For me it is a balance of risks. In Texas, at the school my kids go to, we have the option to attend in person (with masks, protocols, etc...) or online. I feel the risks to my kids on not going in person are greater than the risk of COVID. It has been shown that the education value is diminished with the online option and the kids need the social interaction for their mental state. The focused protection comes in when we visit my parents and in-laws. Because we are more out and about, we only meet them outside, with masks, 6 feet apart.

In short, it is not all one way or the other, we must find the balance.

ru4por 11-19-2020 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRW III (Post 3659201)
Much debate on what levels of protocols are needed and there is science supporting multiple paths. For me it is a balance of risks. In Texas, at the school my kids go to, we have the option to attend in person (with masks, protocols, etc...) or online. I feel the risks to my kids on not going in person are greater than the risk of COVID. It has been shown that the education value is diminished with the online option and the kids need the social interaction for their mental state. The focused protection comes in when we visit my parents and in-laws. Because we are more out and about, we only meet them outside, with masks, 6 feet apart.

In short, it is not all one way or the other, we must find the balance.

We are going to disagree. I don't have children, so I certainly am not going to debate the responsibility of child education.

But, I think the only balance that matters is the ability of the current healthcare system to continue to care for the very sick and dying. Lockdowns, closures, restrictions should all be focused on this goal. Currently, the levels of restrictions are not heading down the accomplishment of this goal. Waiting until a collapse of the healthcare system to happen is not advisable. This is why you find me on the side of closures, despite the hardships they create.

BogeyNoMore 11-19-2020 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3658691)
Guess I am just a p*ssy.

No, you're not.




...you just throw like one.:p


Thanks for all you've contributed to this discourse!

Or did I mean, "Thanks for all you've contributed to this disc course?" :confused:

We need to meet up for a round soon my friend!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.