Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Are we not taking Covid-19 seriously (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136199)

JuanA 11-24-2020 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discraft Dad (Post 3661188)
I am not trying to say I am a badass or anything of the sort. Just replying to Jay Dub saying old people say f*** it when it comes to certain things.

lol...I don't think Jay meant walking into stores maskless. :)

DanJon 11-24-2020 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discraft Dad (Post 3661033)
I can relate to this. I would hate walking out to my car after leaving Walmart, Target, etc. and seeing a shopping cart near my car after the person that was parked beside me decided to just leave it there instead of walking about 40 feet and putting it in the corral.

The venn diagram of people who don't put their shopping carts away and people who refuse to wear masks and not go to bars, is a single overlapping circle.

Jay Dub 11-24-2020 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuanA (Post 3661197)
lol...I don't think Jay meant walking into stores maskless. :)

I'm pretty sure he knew that.

Discraft Dad 11-24-2020 01:38 PM

Well I am not refusing to wear a mask, I just sometimes forget it in my car, I am however refusing to go back and get it. I don't go to bars either.

roggenb3 11-24-2020 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discraft Dad (Post 3661201)
Well I am not refusing to wear a mask, I just sometimes forget it in my car. I don't go to bars either.

Yes you are. Refusing to walk 60' back to your car to get it IS REFUSING TO WEAR IT. Just for a different dumb reason than most people.

ru4por 11-24-2020 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discraft Dad (Post 3661166)
Usually I am getting gas so it is way more than 6 steps. Now if I am parking right at the building, I would probably go back and get it.

You denounce fascism, yet decry clearly that you don't care about ANYONE but yourself. Let me guess, you are out protesting, that nobody cares about you, yet six steps are simply too much to save a life. That doesn't seem "weird" to you.

Do unto others as you wish, but demand they do unto you, as you demand. I can only assume this is the golden rule you are passing along to your child/children. Now that IS weird.

Discraft Dad 11-24-2020 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3661204)
You denounce fascism, yet decry clearly that you don't care about ANYONE but yourself. Let me guess, you are out protesting, that nobody cares about you, yet six steps are simply too much to save a life. That doesn't seem "weird" to you.

Do unto others as you wish, but demand they do unto you, as you demand. I can only assume this is the golden rule you are passing along to your child/children. Now that IS weird.

I think you are confusing fascism and being selfish. Or in my case too lazy to walk back to my car for a mask.

Monocacy 11-24-2020 01:43 PM

I forgot my mask a few times in the early pandemic days. Walked out of the office at the end of the day, reached the lobby, saw someone wearing a mask, thought "Oh crud, I'm an idiot", and scurried back to my office to get my mask.

Now it would feel weird and inconsiderate not to wear a mask inside a business.

roggenb3 11-24-2020 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monocacy (Post 3661207)
Now it would feel weird and inconsiderate not to wear a mask inside a business.

I'm way past the point of feeling completely naked without a mask now.

I think mask adherence is easier for us introverts, lol. I kind of enjoy having an excuse to hide behind a mask.

Not to mention now I can mumble things at people in public without them being able to tell!

Ess-dog 11-24-2020 02:11 PM

The vaccine rollout is sure to be fraught with people not wearing masks claiming they were vaccinated.

Jay Dub 11-24-2020 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ess-dog (Post 3661223)
The vaccine rollout is sure to be fraught with people not wearing masks claiming they were vaccinated.

There are/will be those anti-vacs with this also.

Broken Shoulder 11-24-2020 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roggenb3 (Post 3661217)

I think mask adherence is easier for us introverts, lol. I kind of enjoy having an excuse to hide behind a mask.

Not to mention now I can mumble things at people in public without them being able to tell!

I like the masks because it obscures the uggos and adds a bit of sexy mystery to the ones that are cute around the mask.

DavidSauls 11-24-2020 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roggenb3 (Post 3661217)

The conflict comes from being introverted and absent-minded.

I did walk into a convenience store without one, due to the latter.

And since my masks live in my car, catching a ride with someone else is an invitation to forget it. (The someone else I caught a ride with, is in my bubble).

I did nearly walk into a grocery store without mine -- again, absent-minded -- but as I was approaching the door a woman walked out, coughing. Don't have to tell me twice.

McCready 11-24-2020 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discraft Dad (Post 3661152)
Yeah when I am halfway between my car and the Speedway building without my mask. I say to heck with it and go ahead and buy some soda.

If you did that and got covid and needed to be hospitalized, I say to heck with it, you deserve to die.

Discraft Dad 11-24-2020 02:49 PM

Fair enough. I have no fear of death either.

Jay Dub 11-24-2020 02:51 PM

I have no fear of anything...

...as far as y'all know. :\

McCready 11-24-2020 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discraft Dad (Post 3661255)
Fair enough. I have no fear of death either.

Apparently no fear of killing others out of sheer laziness either. :thmbup:

JuanA 11-24-2020 03:09 PM

Death isn't my only concern. The after effects can be pretty horrible, so I'm also trying to avoid that.

Sorry if this was posted already. It was sent to me just the other day:

Puzzling, often debilitating after-effects plaguing COVID-19 "long-haulers"

McCready 11-24-2020 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuanA (Post 3661274)
Death isn't my only concern. The after effects can be pretty horrible, so I'm also trying to avoid that.

Sorry if this was posted already. It was sent to me just the other day:

Puzzling, often debilitating after-effects plaguing COVID-19 "long-haulers"

Yeah, this was just on 60 Minutes as well. Doctors can’t figure out why some people have the long term symptoms and they have no effective treatments. This stuff is the biggest reason I’m so cautious.

ru4por 11-24-2020 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McCready (Post 3661263)
Apparently no fear of killing others out of sheer laziness either. :thmbup:

Because he is a badass. Us lame, caring, compassionate mortals are simply fodder for the needs of this father.

Unless he is at a youth baseball game.

Discraft Dad 11-24-2020 03:46 PM

Youth baseball game?

joecoin 11-24-2020 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discraft Dad (Post 3661015)
Are you a fascist? Because what you are saying is fascist behavior.

I don't subscribe to any particular political ideology, but if you feel a need to pigeon hole me have at it.

I understand you are a proponent of forcing people to put shopping carts into corrals in parking lots.
Kinda like interring Japanese Americans simply because. I say, free the shopping carts! (after sanitizing, of course).

Ess-dog 11-24-2020 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Dub (Post 3661226)
There are/will be those anti-vacs with this also.

Starting out let's just offer it to those over 60 and tell everyone else to be good kids and maybe we'll give it to them in a few months.

joecoin 11-24-2020 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discraft Dad (Post 3661205)
I think you are confusing fascism and being selfish. Or in my case too lazy to walk back to my car for a mask.

Do you wear pants with pockets?

jeffmonty 11-24-2020 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuanA (Post 3661178)
^ I always thought drive-up liquor stores were kind of dumb. Now I see the genius in them.

Before I married her, the first time I took my wife to Colorado I pointed out to her the drive thru liquor stores and it completely blew her mind there was such a thing.

roggenb3 11-24-2020 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffmonty (Post 3661325)
Before I married her, the first time I took my wife to Colorado I pointed out to her the drive thru liquor stores and it completely blew her mind there was such a thing.

Hell, in WI, I've seen places that will give you drinks to-go from the bar!

Yes, I'll take a Bloody to go please, got a long drive ahead of me. I mean walk...definitely walking....:|

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discraft Dad (Post 3661285)
Youth baseball game?

Just let this one go - it's an inside joke from the politics cesspool....you won't get it unless you are actually Johnny.
And it was softball, ru4por, get it right!

Hampstead 11-24-2020 06:41 PM

A childhood friend of mine is a nurse. I haven't talked to him in a few years. Recently found out he got covid in March. He also has diabetes. He had a covid related stroke and isn't doing well.

This is me giving a middle finger to people who think it's not a big deal or only want to talk about 98% of people survive it, don't be afraid.

JedV 11-24-2020 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discraft Dad (Post 3661152)
Yeah when I am halfway between my car and the Speedway building without my mask. I say to heck with it and go ahead and buy some soda.

Complacency kills. That is not an exaggeration. You may poo poo the risks, to your and your family's detriment.

Halcón 11-24-2020 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hampstead (Post 3661346)
A childhood friend of mine is a nurse. I haven't talked to him in a few years. Recently found out he got covid in March. He also has diabetes. He had a covid related stroke and isn't doing well.

Sorry about your friend. Hope he can recover fully, and have as few deficits as possible.

Halcón 11-24-2020 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ess-dog (Post 3661223)

Do you think that someone who got vaccinated should wear a mask?

JedV 11-24-2020 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halcón (Post 3661408)

Yes. The vaccines are not perfect.

And people WILL lie.

ru4por 11-24-2020 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halcón (Post 3661408)

I tested positive for COVID antibodies x2, back in May. I would never consider going inside anywhere without a mask. I RARELY am outside my home or car, without one on my person. I always try to pull it up or put it on when inside a safe social distance.

Once vaccinated (and the full effectiveness time period has lapsed), in theory, you would no longer be able to spread the virus via respiratory means. I think the right think to do, vaccinated or not, is to wear a mask indoors. I will, most likely through the end of 2021. I will re-evaluate from there.

Halcón 11-24-2020 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JedV (Post 3661411)
Yes. The vaccines are not perfect.

And people WILL lie.

If masks are the only thing we're doing after the vaccines roll out, I can live with that.

JuanA 11-24-2020 09:07 PM

Quote:

It's how I now avoid people inside who forgot their mask halfway across the parking lot and said F-it.

DavidSauls 11-24-2020 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3661412)
I tested positive for COVID antibodies x2, back in May. I would never consider going inside anywhere without a mask. I RARELY am outside my home or car, without one on my person. I always try to pull it up or put it on when inside a safe social distance.

Once vaccinated (and the full effectiveness time period has lapsed), in theory, you would no longer be able to spread the virus via respiratory means. I think the right think to do, vaccinated or not, is to wear a mask indoors. I will, most likely through the end of 2021. I will re-evaluate from there.

For a while, I think the right thing will be to wear masks -- if for no other reason than to reassure others, who have no idea of who's vaccinated, and who isn't. Particularly since the mask is such a very minor matter.

ru4por 11-24-2020 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuanA (Post 3661416)
It's how I now avoid people inside who forgot their mask halfway across the parking lot and said F-it.

I am confident that billybadass would be humming a different tune if it were his child at risk.

Halcón 11-24-2020 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidSauls (Post 3661427)
For a while, I think the right thing will be to wear masks -- if for no other reason than to reassure others, who have no idea of who's vaccinated, and who isn't. Particularly since the mask is such a very minor matter.

Yea, as long as everything else is normal. Wearing a mask is pretty non-intrusive.

Ess-dog 11-25-2020 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halcón (Post 3661448)
Yea, as long as everything else is normal. Wearing a mask is pretty non-intrusive.

But won't have the requisite numbers vaccinated until May 2021 at the earliest. So I don't know about normal. But once the elderly are vaccinated (end of Feb maybe March?) it seems many states will want to loosen any restrictions they may have enacted upon businesses and adjust behind the wave of new cases just like they did with the "re-opening".

txmxer 11-25-2020 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McCready (Post 3661237)
If you did that and got covid and needed to be hospitalized, I say to heck with it, you deserve to die.

Come on—there is no need for this

etdefender19 11-25-2020 06:05 AM

Quote:

It blew my mind when I moved to Arizona at age 23 and saw one for the first time