Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Calling all Roc fanatics!!! Where to buy Rocs/ what plastic? (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101007)

Romans 5-8 01-23-2014 03:27 PM

Calling all Roc fanatics!!! Where to buy Rocs/ what plastic?

Advice needed my friends. When I first started throwing discs about 4 yrs ago, I threw a dx roc. It was one of the first discs I had. I loved it. After a 3-4 yr gap of not really playing disc golf much (got married - worked out of town A LOT, among other things). I recently picked the sport back up, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. :clap::clap::clap: Here is my problem:

I tried to get back on the roc bandwagon. I really wanted to love them again. Unfortunately, the dx rocs I bought, well to put it simply - they sucked!!!! They were domey, the plastic didn't seem the same. It was gummy and just plain different, I wasn't impressed.

The last few months I have been throwing Discraft Mids, Hornet or Wasp- TI Buzzz (stable), ESP FLX BUZZZ (flippy) and a Meteor. I love the Buzzz, I won't lie, straight as an arrow, some say I have crossed over to the darkside. But, since all of my other discs are innova (aviar, leopard, tb, destroyer) I would like to give the roc another try. I plan on getting max weight or at least in the 178-180 range.

Some of the guys I see at tournaments have ridiculously flat dx rocs. I want to know where to get them, and if they are good for cycling. I would like to get 5-10 of these bad boys. Here are my questions:

1. Should I get DX, Glow, or KC-PRO? What are the differences? I know KC-pro is harder and takes a little bit longer to break in, that's about all I know about them.

2. Should I get 5 of the flat top Marshall Street Rocs or get a stack of 13 of the kc pro innova factory x-out rocs. Where do you get yours?

ndole 01-23-2014 03:41 PM

Get the factory x outs for sure. I just bought some and they are a great deAl. Domey rocs are more versatile too.

Romans 5-8 01-23-2014 03:44 PM

So are you saying the kcpro factory second rocs are domey? Also, I noticed there is no option for color, did they send you a ton of different colors or what? I'm not sure I want domey ones though.

ranger 01-23-2014 03:48 PM

I got one kc roc from the factory store and it was domey. I requested white and they gave it to me (has some nasty specs in it though).

I'm glad this thread was started bc I'm really liking the KC roc but I have only thrown a few. What should I look for? Where is the best place to get them?

Romans 5-8 01-23-2014 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranger (Post 2328259)
I'm glad this thread was started bc I'm really liking the KC roc but I have only thrown a few. What should I look for? Where is the best place to get them?

:clap::clap::clap::clap: Yesssss, help us out Rocmasters!!!! Train us up in the way of the roc.

Romans 5-8 01-23-2014 04:09 PM

Calling all Roc experts - my question would be: what do you cycle? Where do you get em?

ndole 01-23-2014 04:10 PM

Most kc rocs are domey, but I like that. Well, innova mainly runs mainly white kc plastic but if not white then usually yellow. But you can't beat 6.40 for a nice kc roc.

Romans 5-8 01-23-2014 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndole (Post 2328290)
Most kc rocs are domey, but I like that. Well, innova mainly runs mainly white kc plastic but if not white then usually yellow. But you can't beat 6.40 for a nice kc roc.

I can get 11 shipped to my house for $77.44. That is a good deal, but I'm not sure that I want to get that many, it is just tempting because that is super cheap.

Do you throw any other rocs, or just kcpro?

Romans 5-8 01-23-2014 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romans 5-8 (Post 2328302)
I can get 11 shipped to my house for $77.44.

Let me correct that, I saw you posted 6.40, I updated my cart and I can get 10 of those suckers for 64 bucks.

wowzers Imma bout to pull da trigga!

TrippinBill 01-23-2014 04:27 PM

The best Rocs are the ones you like the best. Get some DX and KC Rancho Rocs in your desired weight and throw them.

I personally throw 180 KC Rocs. I carry 4 or 5 all the time, to cover all my midrange shots. I like a mild to moderate dome.