Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V) (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133486)

Keith H 08-03-2022 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillFleming (Post 3827586)
I should have done a bit more checking....this is from MVP's page on the Circuit Challenge:

Circuit Events Playerís Packs are not allowed to be presold online prior to an event.

Since the Circuit Challenge is still going on (even though it's over in Arizona), they can't be sold online which explains why Spinners isn't showing them on their website.

And the Circuit Challenge goes on to September 25th.

I am looking forward to Sept 25th then! Until then, the Ascend is doing nicely.

ray1970 08-03-2022 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexplz (Post 3827604)
Can anyone compare a Z Buzzz SS to a Hex, both max wt?

I have minimal experience with the Hex (wife has one) but it reminded me more of a Buzzz than a Buzzz SS. It flew so much like my favorite ESP Buzzz that I wasnít tempted to play with the Hex much.

auzcar 08-04-2022 04:35 AM

To me the Hex flies like a faster Z Buzzz, stability being almost exactly the same.

hawgdriver 08-04-2022 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gooberau (Post 3826976)
How is the Rhythm? Very curious to hear about it. The Signal is a little unpredictable for me, and I haven’t gelled with the Ascend. I have a pair of Underworld’s that cover my flip up to right finishing RHBH shots at the moment.

I played the circuit challenge and parked a 426' hole with the Rhythm (legit tap in). It was the very first time throwing it after a couple tugs in the field beforehand. It's usable on a full send, at least up in Denver.

Legit disc. It has solid distance for a fairway, like an Escape or Crave or Essence. More glidely than a Teebird imo, but totes diff role in the bag. Excellent slow-speed and high-speed aspects.

I'm not bagging it, but that's probably just because it's new and ... you know... "I'm good." (already comfy with my solutions to disc golfing problems)

edit: also nice on FH. Yeah, it's on the US side of things, but the very blue-collar version of US.

gooberau 08-04-2022 06:32 AM

Quote:

Thatís weird, Iíve been field testing a Buzzz SS (Z Flx and ESP), an M4 (2018 400G), against my Hex just the past two days.

The Hex is slightly more overstable than the others. Turns a little, fades a little more.
The M4 is a revelation - goes a mile dead straight and just sits down with a little fade. Almost like a long, long Berg.
The Buzzz SSís turn a bit, comes back, and finish slightly right (RHBH).

I really like them all, but really only need one. I may boot the Hex for the M4.

I know you were asking about a Z Buzzz SS, but Ö I guess itís data!

strunk flugget 08-04-2022 09:22 AM

Quote:

The Hex flies super straight with minimal turn and then a nice small fade at the end. I had a cryZtal ledgestone 2022 Buzzz from earlier this year and played a round with just the hex and buzzz. They flew almost identical but the Hex usually was 20-30 feet longer.

So the Buzzz SS is going to perform a bit less stable than the Hex.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gooberau (Post 3827746)
The Hex is slightly more overstable than the others. Turns a little, fades a little more.
The M4 is a revelation - goes a mile dead straight and just sits down with a little fade. Almost like a long, long Berg.

I may boot the Hex for the M4.

This makes me laugh because I had a moment late last year where I was looking at the buzzz/M4/Hex. I ultimately went Hex because the M4 was too straight and a little wind seemed to make it a little finicky. But it was a super smooth disc and surprisingly it came down to the Hex vs. the M4 for me as well.

auzcar 08-04-2022 10:35 AM

I tried a max weight Cosmic Neutron Volt today and like all other MVP molds it sits very well in my hand. It was a bit more overstable than what I wanted in this slot though, especially when it comes to HSS as I would've like a bit more wiggle. Would go down in weight and changing to regular Neutron make any noticeable difference? I'd prefer to not go lighter than 166-167g tops though.

strunk flugget 08-04-2022 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auzcar (Post 3827805)
I tried a max weight Cosmic Neutron Volt today and like all other MVP molds it sits very well in my hand. It was a bit more overstable than what I wanted in this slot though, especially when it comes to HSS as I would've like a bit more wiggle. Would go down in weight and changing to regular Neutron make any noticeable difference? I'd prefer to not go lighter than 166-167g tops though.

Probably, CN tends to be the most overstable plastic in the drivers. I have a fizz 164 volt that is magic. 171 Neutron is a very good weight/plastic for the volt.

Moose33 08-04-2022 08:55 PM

Was gifted a Neutron Photon tonight, I haven’t thrown one in a long time and I’m very interested to see how it does.

Super flat and has some flashing(I don’t mind flashing) so it seems like it may be on the more OS side of the photon spectrum.

ThrowaEnvy 08-04-2022 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose33 (Post 3828003)
Was gifted a Neutron Photon tonight, I haven’t thrown one in a long time and I’m very interested to see how it does.

Super flat and has some flashing(I don’t mind flashing) so it seems like it may be on the more OS side of the photon spectrum.

Flat photons are the best! Deal with the flashing gently... throw the hell out of it... throw me a rocket!

Don't bring me down.....owwwn.... ....... Moose!!!!