Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Patrol (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130316)

GoobyPls 03-01-2018 05:54 PM

Patrol

DD just sent out an email on the 2018 Trilogy Challenge. This will be the mid. Supposed to be their most understable mid.

atison 03-08-2018 12:42 PM

More understable then the Warrant? :eek: Eeek, not sure what you would do with it.

Don't want anyone to get the wrong impression, the Warrant is a great disk that is on the limit of the needs for understable mid.

Lancerswimmer89 03-08-2018 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atison (Post 3283668)
More understable then the Warrant? :eek: Eeek, not sure what you would do with it.

Don't want anyone to get the wrong impression, the Warrant is a great disk that is on the limit of the needs for understable mid.

I agree, I bag a warrant for those understable shots, but any little bit of anhyzer and you run the risk of turning it over straight into a "throwller"

Still....I'd like to see what it does...

hugheshilton 03-08-2018 01:03 PM

I auditioned a Warrant once. With greater than about 250 feet of power, the disc just never stopped turning. I could put it on an extreme hyzer and have it turn all the way over through the course of the flight and finish right. It seemed like an okay disc for those without a forehand who need to throw really straight down a fairway and then finish right at the end. It was a bit hard to control though, and not good for much else honestly. I wouldn't bag something that understable except as a situational disc for a certain course, and I'd certainly never bag anything MORE understable than that. There are plenty of players with less power than me though, and maybe these discs can serve the understable needs of someone who only throws 250 feet max.

slowplastic 03-08-2018 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lancerswimmer89 (Post 3283672)
I agree, I bag a warrant for those understable shots, but any little bit of anhyzer and you run the risk of turning it over straight into a "throwller"

Still....I'd like to see what it does...

If you like throwlers it's for you

lines 03-08-2018 01:29 PM

Looks very workable for woods golf in the mountains. Looks similar to a tursas in flight.

atison 03-08-2018 02:25 PM

I use mine a lot in the woods for low ceiling shots. Easy to get up to speed with a slight flip at 60% and track straight.

money 21 03-09-2018 10:55 AM

there is a you tube video where Ron C. from DD throws a sick roller with one.

PMantle 07-11-2018 12:48 PM

Just bumping this to say, the Patrol has made the bags of a lot of guys in my area who played in out challenge. More than the other two discs combined. I've always loved this type of disc, and it reminds me of my most US Meteor that I now longer carry for reasons that do not exist.

SD86 07-11-2018 01:00 PM

Looks very very interesting as a turnover mid. I never really tried Trilogy mids, but this one has me thinking it's a good place to start...