Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Straight Trilogy Mids (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132501)

Alexplz 10-18-2018 06:14 PM

Straight Trilogy Mids

Hey dudes,

Looking at Trilogy mid lineups - assuming I'm throwing a Warrant for turnovers, what are the pros and cons of say, the sling, warship, compass, the straight truthy discs... I would probably cap off this mid lineup with a verdict or pine.

SD86 10-18-2018 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexplz (Post 3366551)
Hey dudes,

Looking at Trilogy mid lineups - assuming I'm throwing a Warrant for turnovers, what are the pros and cons of say, the sling, warship, compass, the straight truthy discs... I would probably cap off this mid lineup with a verdict or pine.

Pine sounds good. Compass was kind of 'meh' for me. I haven't tried a Sling, but some people I saw throwing it on my home course said they liked it.

Moonshine 10-18-2018 07:20 PM

Pine + Warship is my preferred midrange combination. You can beat in an Origio Warship and cover just about everything with those two molds.

PMantle 10-18-2018 08:42 PM

Evidence or Claymore would be my choice. I bought my first Evidence for no good reason at all. It's now my most used mid.

aphilso1 10-18-2018 08:45 PM

Verdict/Emac Truth/Truth are going to have the same hand feel as your Warrants. That's a pretty big perk if you're set on the Warrant for turnovers. I don't have experience with most of the mids you mentioned though, so I really can't give any comparative analysis. I will say that I'm loving the Verdict/Emac Truth combo a ton more than the RocX3/Roc3's that they kicked out of my bag. The shallow rim makes them much easier to grip and rip, and they hold up really well in the wind for mids. For a straight mid, my Lucid Emac flies on a frozen rope with gentle but reliable fade. I've got a Bio Emac that had some turn straight out of the box and results in a pretty neutral flight overall. Take that with a grain of salt though, since I don't have much experience with Lat64 & Westside mids.

Moose33 10-18-2018 09:07 PM

Truth and Warship are great depending on your atm speed.

AceALot 10-19-2018 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMantle (Post 3366598)
Evidence or Claymore would be my choice. I bought my first Evidence for no good reason at all. It's now my most used mid.

Thinking of trying both, do you use multiple plastics? TIA

Skins 10-19-2018 10:36 AM

Standard Truth(5:5:-1:1)or Evidence in fusion plastic. Prime (base) plastics tend to be more understandable.

Have noth thrown Compass yet.

Putt for D'oh 10-19-2018 10:56 AM

I've never thrown a Warrant or a Sling. I have an Evidence i've picked up and will use on a course that I need to really go right. Right off the shelf it flew more like a Verdict than anything but has gained more and more turn as i've used it and is now a great turnover disc. Generally for turnovers I use a Seasoned Truth, but this disc thrown a bit less power or hyzerflipped does go very very straight.

My first verdict started off very OS but seasoned to a place it is almost interchangeable with a lot of my EmacTruths. No longer good in a headwind and has a very nice big S turn to the flight, not straight OS anymore though. I have a new one and fresh I like it more than the Pine. Verdict is a bit longer and a bit more forward and deeper fade.

Pine and Compass I use a LOT. Most of the other Trilogy mids I throw have the blunt nose and these like the Claymore are more rounded. I find they all feel similar, beadless and a bit shallow. Compass starts out nice and stable/OS, and seasons to just straight. I feel both the Pine and Compass require a bit more power than most Trilogy mids but they also accept that power and fly really well with it.

Claymores are weird for me. TC challenge one started out nice and glidey but seasoned quickly but still reliable. I picked up a 2nd run Gold line and the thing was uselessly flippy. I gave up trying again. Core feels like the exact same disc to me and very similar experience with that mold.

Truth v. EmacTruth I Have a bunch of emacs that I only throw in the field now. They are great discs but seems like everything they can do is better with a specific disc. They do maintain fade as they season and glide just gets better over time but just don't quite work in my bag.
Regular Truth is awesome though. My main one has seasoned into something that is very much like a Comet. Can be thrown easy for a ton of glide and distance. Put on a hyzer or anhyzer it will hold it. Seems to fly better with less power.

Warship I had one and a great disc I couldn't figure out when to throw. Tweener distance. It is like my regular Truth but longer. Not stable enough to take too much more power so just an easy throw to go a really long way. Again great disc I can't seem to fit in my bag. I would have to look at the numbers on infinite IIRC it has similar rim width and depth as the Truth but to me it felt deeper... if reality says it isn't I don't know just felt that way.

Most of my Trilogy mids are Opto/Lucid/VIP but I have some Fusion/GL and a Classic Truth/Emac.

I would suggest a Lucid Truth / Verdict Combo for your needs. Though I love the Compass it doesn't seem to be getting the same love from others on a lot of these threads.

PMantle 10-19-2018 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AceALot (Post 3366790)
Thinking of trying both, do you use multiple plastics? TIA

In mids in general? Yes. For Evidence, just Fuzion. My Verdict and EMac Truth are Lucid.