Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   What are you excited to try in 2019? (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133034)

broomerang 12-30-2018 03:08 PM

What are you excited to try in 2019?

Title says it all.

For me it's a mixed bag of a new release and one I missed.

Discmania DD3
Discraft Undertaker

A lot of newly approved discs announced this week. What's on your radar?

jcassidy1990 12-30-2018 03:16 PM

No better place to complain than here...

A few years ago I had the RDG Velociraptor PDGA approved. I HAD to use this name because they told me that "Rapter" was used already by DG Aerotera. I emailed Aerotera and got permission to correctly spell and use Raptor. Homburg told me No so I changed it to Velociraptor.

Now DC has a Raptor approved.

Funny how the big companies can do as they wish..............

So needless to say I will never support the PDGA again. Pretty salty against DC as well.

SD86 12-30-2018 05:21 PM

I'm excited to try everything from Discraft that Paul McBeth bags!

:D :p Just kidding.

Seriously, my bag is about complete. I'll keep up with what new molds join the Infinite Discs line...

Streets 12-30-2018 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcassidy1990 (Post 3395942)

A few years ago I had the RDG Velociraptor PDGA approved. I HAD to use this name because they told me that "Rapter" was used already by DG Aerotera. I emailed Aerotera and got permission to correctly spell and use Raptor. Homburg told me No so I changed it to Velociraptor.

So needless to say I will never support the PDGA again. Pretty salty against DC as well.

Seriously? That's some chicken****

Moose33 12-30-2018 06:02 PM

Quote:

That is SO dumb. Plus, I love your discs and would love to still use many in tournaments...

Why are they being so rediculous about the naming thing?

Monkeypaws 12-30-2018 06:08 PM

I have a stash of Innova Pro drivers I plan on breaking out when the snow boots and the parka come off.

jjmiller 12-30-2018 06:14 PM

Quote:

Makes sense to be pissed at the PDGA. I would be, too. But I don't see how Discraft screwed you over, unless there's more to the story or something I'm missing. Were they aware of your runaround in previously trying to use the name?

Grippenripp 12-30-2018 06:20 PM

I am excited to test the P2 & MD. also excited to continue working with the FD. Oh yeah I got that MD5 to chuck around also.

lines 12-30-2018 06:28 PM

Quote:

They wish they made fossil plastic.

jdm0514 12-30-2018 06:39 PM

Last year I tried an Icon Patriot I loved that thing for hyzer flips. I lost that one and for a Christmas present to myself I bought a pinnacle Patriot, Rival and Gauge. Hopefully the rival will replace my teebird3 and the gauge will replace my buzzz.