Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vacations & Road Trips (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Top Ranked Courses in TWO States in ONE day (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134764)

KenanFlagler01 08-12-2019 03:41 PM

Top Ranked Courses in TWO States in ONE day

I'm curious if anyone has attempted to bag the top ranked courses for two different states in a single day.

I have to travel through Virginia to DC next month and I'm thinking about attempting to play Hawk Hollow (#1 in Virginia) and Seneca Creek State Park (#1 in Maryland) on the same day. They're only 2.5 hours apart (unless DC traffic crushes me).

There's a good chance I'll be in New England for work next year. Maple Hill (#1 in Massachusetts) and Nichols Field (#1 in Connecticut) are only 1.5 hours away.

There must be some other two-for-one state #1's with potential.

And now that I've written this, I can't NOT do it. So, I'll report back...

Sethamphetamine 08-12-2019 03:45 PM

Scratch that, different states

biscoe 08-12-2019 04:07 PM

Easiest is probably Iron Hill (DE) and Stafford Woods (NJ). Seneca and Iron Hill would be easy as well. With an early enough start you could probably get all 3 of these in one day during the longer days of the year.

HH and Seneca is plenty doable as long as traffic cooperates.

CrowLegs 08-12-2019 04:14 PM

Idlewild (KY) and Mt. Airy (OH) would be really easy to do in one day.... logistically at least....

Monocacy 08-12-2019 04:36 PM

Could probably do Seneca Creek (MD), Iron Hill (DE), and Stafford Woods (NJ) in a day if you started early.

But you'd be driving past a bunch of worthwhile courses to do so. :rolleyes:

jjtwinnova 08-12-2019 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrowLegs (Post 3484038)
Idlewild (KY) and Mt. Airy (OH) would be really easy to do in one day.... logistically at least....

Mt. Airy is number two in Ohio. Deis Hill is number one. (My. Airy is the better course imo)

I have done Maple Hill (#1) and Wickham (#2) in CT. I then played VTís #1 the next day, at Brewster Ridge. Iíve also done the Mt. Airy and Idlewild for number one and two of different states.

Iíve played Stafford and Iron Hill Iím back to back days, and then PAís number 3 the same as Delaware.

Iím so close!! This seems pretty easy for us East Coasters. I have played the number one course in 9 different states, at least one of the top three in a couple more, and even more in the top five.

KenanFlagler01 08-12-2019 07:06 PM

All great stuff. I’ve gotta make this happen with Hawk Hollow + Seneca Creek. Does anyone have the number for the Guinness Book of DG Records? ;-)

KenanFlagler01 08-12-2019 07:07 PM

Wickam was #1 in CT until Nichols Field recently overtook it. (I know this because I’m in the initial stages of planning my NE trip next year.) So you may the the first to pull it off!

biscoe 08-13-2019 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenanFlagler01 (Post 3484107)
All great stuff. Iíve gotta make this happen with Hawk Hollow + Seneca Creek. Does anyone have the number for the Guinness Book of DG Records? ;-)

when's your trip?

KenanFlagler01 08-13-2019 11:36 AM

September 9