Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Understable compliment to PD Freak (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108259)

JTdisc 08-09-2014 05:54 PM

A Lucid Escape is the perfect compliment in my opinion, especially when it gets slightly beaten in.

Other discs I've thrown that could fill that slot: S-CD, Beast, C-TD, S-TD.

For super understable I use a Hatchet.

Flip Hyzerman 08-09-2014 07:21 PM

I use Leopards - and don't particularly care that they are slower (or theoretically 'shorter') than the PD.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fusan (Post 2539996)
I have been throwing the PD for all the time Ive played Disc Golf. In the begining it was used as an overstable driver and along with better technique it began to cover the whole spectra... except the understable part.

I love the P-PD for the understable role but its short lifespan in the sweetspot just doesent do it for me.

I tried to kill a S-PD to get some stability out of it, but that plastic is so durable that it will take years... of normal play (you see what I did there?).

So what do you guys do/use for that understable slot to complement the allmighty Freak?

Moose33 08-09-2014 08:01 PM

I use a Champ Katana or a Phenix Hu. The Hu is slightly shorter than the Katana but is very easy to shape lines with.

Sooner34 08-09-2014 09:35 PM

I use a seasoned 169 Lucid Escape for that shot. The Escape and PD are an AMAZING pair. I use a C-PD as my headwind Escape essentially. So useful elsewhere too. Great little disc. The G-PD is really nice as well. The Escape feels very similar in hand to me, flies like a worn in PD when new, and beats into an amazing hyzer flip discs, and with a lighter one, it will hit anny lines forever...

talltee32 08-09-2014 10:46 PM

Are you using max weight?

If so try a 165-9 S-line. It'll be more understable then the max weight when new. And beat in to being nice and understable.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand what's wrong with the P-line. I've had the same P-line in the bag for over 2 years and haven't had any problem with it being past the "sweet spot".

whentherainscome 08-09-2014 11:50 PM

I carry a C/S/P-PDs as well as a Roadrunner for turnovers and rollers.

elmexdela 08-10-2014 01:35 AM

i use a champ JL sidewinder which is dead straight no turn and alright fade at the end. then next is a star sw that is pretty new but flips just a bit. and gstarrr sw which is super flippy and hyzer flips and annys so easy that it feels like i am cheating.

fusan 08-10-2014 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talltee32 (Post 2540400)
Are you using max weight?

If so try a 165-9 S-line. It'll be more understable then the max weight when new. And beat in to being nice and understable.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand what's wrong with the P-line. I've had the same P-line in the bag for over 2 years and haven't had any problem with it being past the "sweet spot".

What I mean by "sweet spot" is that I want to throw it nearly full power at a sligt hyzer/flat release and have it turn all the way to the ground. My few months old P-PD is a great roller. Thrown on a little anny it will turn right to the ground and roll very well.

From the sound of it I think Ill try an Escape and a Valkyrie or go out and beat the .... out of one of my old S-PD

elmexdela 08-10-2014 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fusan (Post 2540528)
What I mean by "sweet spot" is that I want to throw it nearly full power at a sligt hyzer/flat release and have it turn all the way to the ground. My few months old P-PD is a great roller. Thrown on a little anny it will turn right to the ground and roll very well.

From the sound of it I think Ill try an Escape and a Valkyrie or go out and beat the .... out of one of my old S-PD

really? do you have the stiff or gummy/soft ppd?

Rol6566 08-10-2014 07:43 AM

Have you tried the TD by discmania? Pretty much a road runner. I was using them as a replacement for the beat S line i lost last year. They are a great disc

Or even the discmania CD