Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Avery Jenkins Star Teebird (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133697)

Disc Golf Doctor 03-21-2019 08:57 AM

Avery Jenkins Star Teebird

Does anyone have any experience with the Avery Jenkins Star Teebird. I lost my beat in Star Teebird this fall and picked this up to replace it. I threw it a couple of times in a quick round yesterday and it seemed more stable than expected. I had found the previous Teebird already beat in, so have actually never had a brand new one. The previous one would just hold such a straight and true flight, whereas this one seemed to fly more like my big jerm thunderbird if anything.

Gmtata01 03-21-2019 09:04 AM

the Averys are all very OS.

Disc Golf Doctor 03-21-2019 09:13 AM

well that is frustrating. I asked them when purchasing it if it was any different that the regular Star Teebird.

Gmtata01 03-21-2019 09:18 AM

dg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disc Golf Doctor (Post 3431429)
well that is frustrating. I asked them when purchasing it if it was any different that the regular Star Teebird.

try to get a used Star on a disc golf auction page or $15 or less page. I love used discs, i rarely buy new anymore

kevdiv48 03-21-2019 09:32 AM

Are you talking about the Tour Series ones or the production ones with his signature?

Sethamphetamine 03-21-2019 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disc Golf Doctor (Post 3431423)
Does anyone have any experience with the Avery Jenkins Star Teebird. I lost my beat in Star Teebird this fall and picked this up to replace it. I threw it a couple of times in a quick round yesterday and it seemed more stable than expected. I had found the previous Teebird already beat in, so have actually never had a brand new one. The previous one would just hold such a straight and true flight, whereas this one seemed to fly more like my big jerm thunderbird if anything.

Tour series teebirds will be more overstable.

A fresh stock run star teebird with AJ signature will start off overstable, you will need to beat it in a bit to get it in that sweet spot you had with your old one.

Brockness Monster 03-21-2019 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disc Golf Doctor (Post 3431423)

Try out the Factory store Pro Teebirds or grab a Star TL. Both will be super straight with the Pro Teebird hooking up a little bit more at the end.

Disc Golf Doctor 03-21-2019 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevdiv48 (Post 3431435)
Are you talking about the Tour Series ones or the production ones with his signature?

Just the regular one with his signature

NathanNoodleArm 03-21-2019 12:00 PM

Go buy a Legacy Rival. Flies like a broken in Teebird right off the shelf.

cjman 03-21-2019 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disc Golf Doctor (Post 3431466)
Just the regular one with his signature

They start of OS but quickly break into a straight flier. There hasn't been a change from pre Avery to Avery star teebirds, aside from the stamp.
Buying lightly used, broken in discs is the way to go. A new disc rarely flies as desired.