Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rules Questions & Discussion (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   The VJ DQ - What's a Caddy? (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131141)

jenb 05-20-2018 09:45 PM

The VJ DQ - What's a Caddy?

Don't see a thread yet on Val's DQ today because her mom allegedly possessed alcohol or something. A friend posted pictures showing Val carrying her own bag all day today and asked why her Mother would be considered her caddy. Is it because her mom did not stay only in spectator areas? Does anyone know?

The competition manual states:

In PDGA Majors and National Tour events, the group consists of the players themselves, each player’s individual caddy, any active Tournament staff such as leaderboard attendants, Tournament Officials, etc. and any credentialed media ONLY. No other people may be with the playing group. All others (including players who have already finished their round) are considered spectators and must remain in designated spectator areas away from the playing group.

MarkDSM 05-20-2018 09:51 PM

https://www.pdga.com/announcements/s...uz-masters-cup

Pdga statement

jenb 05-20-2018 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkDSM (Post 3309849)

Yes, I saw that. But it doesn't say why her mother was deemed to be her caddy when Val was carrying her own bag all day.

@iDiscGolf 05-20-2018 10:08 PM

Who was the rat?

jenb 05-20-2018 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @iDiscGolf (Post 3309856)
Who was the rat?

I started this topic in the rules section for a reason. Can we please keep this discussion in this thread about the rules? I'm just asking you to start a different thread in a more appropriate section of the forum for that discussion, like maybe the landfill.

BrotherDave 05-20-2018 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenb (Post 3309862)
I started this topic in the rules section for a reason. Can we please keep this discussion in this thread about the rules? I'm just asking you to start a different thread in a more appropriate section of the forum for that discussion, like maybe the landfill.

Per DGCR rules, you can't start a thread in the landfill. :|

Halcón 05-20-2018 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenb (Post 3309862)
Can we please keep this discussion in this thread about the rules?

Do you even DGCR?

teemkey 05-20-2018 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenb (Post 3309850)
Yes, I saw that. But it doesn't say why her mother was deemed to be her caddy when Val was carrying her own bag all day.

There is no requirement that the person designated as a caddie must carry the player's bag. If Val wanted her mother to walk with her as part of the group (vs. with the gallery), she could say her mother is her caddie.

onemilemore 05-21-2018 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenb (Post 3309845)
Don't see a thread yet on Val's DQ today because her mom allegedly possessed alcohol or something. A friend posted pictures showing Val carrying her own bag all day today and asked why her Mother would be considered her caddy. Is it because her mom did not stay only in spectator areas? Does anyone know?

The competition manual states:

In PDGA Majors and National Tour events, the group consists of the players themselves, each player’s individual caddy, any active Tournament staff such as leaderboard attendants, Tournament Officials, etc. and any credentialed media ONLY. No other people may be with the playing group. All others (including players who have already finished their round) are considered spectators and must remain in designated spectator areas away from the playing group.

There was a period of time late in the round where Val was not carrying her bag. She did indeed have a caddy. As such, the rules referred to in the statement apply.

jenb 05-21-2018 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onemilemore (Post 3309921)
There was a period of time late in the round where Val was not carrying her bag. She did indeed have a caddy. As such, the rules referred to in the statement apply.

Thanks for that clarification.