Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Official Ask Discmania Thread (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103883)

Strauss 06-10-2016 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reniger (Post 3014407)
I would love to find a really beefy MD3. I might just have to try the EMcM signatures. My worry though, is that while I'm certainly only about 1/2 as powerful as these guys, I have seen Simon and Eagle both turn over the Eagle Signature glow MD3. Hopefully, my non-robotic arm doesn't have the same problem. :D

If you are hoping the Eagle Glow's are a "true" overstable flight, don't waste your money. I have 4 of them, which I bought hoping that they would be significantly more stable than my production C-line's, and none of them were as stable as I hoped. Still fantastic discs, I currently bag one of them, but they won't fill the true overstable mid slot.

If you want to try the MD3 in it's most stable form for less money than the Eagle Glow's, pick yourself up a max weight G-line. I have a pair of them and they fly nearly identical to the Glow's. And I'm not the only person that has had the same results.

And lastly, I agree with the shipping being expensive. But like already mentioned, at least they do ship VERY fast.

Reniger 06-13-2016 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strauss (Post 3017056)
If you are hoping the Eagle Glow's are a "true" overstable flight, don't waste your money. I have 4 of them, which I bought hoping that they would be significantly more stable than my production C-line's, and none of them were as stable as I hoped. Still fantastic discs, I currently bag one of them, but they won't fill the true overstable mid slot.

If you want to try the MD3 in it's most stable form for less money than the Eagle Glow's, pick yourself up a max weight G-line. I have a pair of them and they fly nearly identical to the Glow's. And I'm not the only person that has had the same results.

And lastly, I agree with the shipping being expensive. But like already mentioned, at least they do ship VERY fast.

G-Line? Really... That's very interesting. I always consider softer plastics to be less stable. I'll have to check out a G MD3. Can't hurt to try! :D

Sir-Hucks-A-Lot 06-13-2016 08:55 AM

MF MD3s flat or more domey? I might grab a couple pink just because I like the look, but would like to have them in the bag for function and feel, too.

ferretdance03 06-13-2016 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strauss (Post 3017056)
If you are hoping the Eagle Glow's are a "true" overstable flight, don't waste your money. I have 4 of them, which I bought hoping that they would be significantly more stable than my production C-line's, and none of them were as stable as I hoped. Still fantastic discs, I currently bag one of them, but they won't fill the true overstable mid slot...

This has been my experience as well. A fresh P Line is at least, if not a touch more, overstable as the Eagle Glows I've thrown.

clard 06-13-2016 12:36 PM

The most OS one I've thrown is a pink, max weight C line with a slight dome. Pretty sure with MD3s more dome is more OS.

Jlee 06-13-2016 11:25 PM

Does anyone have 4th runs in stock? Or somilar to 4th run pd

Um... 06-13-2016 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jlee (Post 3018631)
Does anyone have 4th runs in stock? Or somilar to 4th run pd

If you're talking about PD's, 4th runs are long gone (they're up to 8th runs now).

There were two different '4th' run PD's; more of the firm, slightly more opaque C-Line plastic that had some dome and flew with a touch of turn and less fade - AND - the first run of Jolly Launcher C-line plastic, which were flatter, more translucent, slightly softer, and more high speed stable with a heavy fade.

If you want a PD with no turn and a strong fade, 7th/8th runs are what you're looking for. If you're looking for one with a bit of wiggle in it's flight, then look for a non-pat# Freak stamp S-line.

Jlee 06-14-2016 12:18 AM

I like the softer pearly 4th runs with the dome. But i cant seem to find them :( and i have a s line with no patents, its a firebird haha

Flick Maniac 06-14-2016 07:21 AM

FB said they now have a cheaper option for 1-2 discs.

Reniger 06-14-2016 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maskedavenger (Post 3018740)
FB said they now have a cheaper option for 1-2 discs.

Sure do! Loaded up two discs, got shipping quote, and there was a $4 option. Awesome to see that they are listening to the fan base and delivering upon requests. :thmbup:

ferretdance03 06-14-2016 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clard (Post 3018173)
The most OS one I've thrown is a pink, max weight C line with a slight dome. Pretty sure with MD3s more dome is more OS.

But but but I want a flat OS one...

DinosaurThunder 06-14-2016 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferretdance03 (Post 3019132)
But but but I want a flat OS one...

Euro Open wolverine

Flick Maniac 06-15-2016 06:56 AM

Euro glows are nice do it all MD3s but by no means OS.

clard 06-15-2016 08:12 AM

No one would ever call the pink one I have domey. It's just not "board flat."

ferretdance03 06-16-2016 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clard (Post 3019398)
No one would ever call the pink one I have domey. It's just not "board flat."



I thought it was a Gator you were working the other night, no?

clard 06-18-2016 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferretdance03 (Post 3020520)
I thought it was a Gator you were working the other night, no?

I was throwing my gator out at Adventure Park quite I bit. That gator is extremely flat, but the MD3 only has a slight rise across the flight plate. It grips like it is flat.

discskavenger 06-18-2016 09:20 PM

Do they make a fd in a lighter weight then 175?

Jenga54 06-18-2016 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by discskavenger (Post 3021503)
Do they make a fd in a lighter weight then 175?

Quick check on discgolfcenter.com shows the C line and G line at 166. My G lines are always understandable out of the box.

LADamon 06-22-2016 10:58 PM

Still waiting for the DDx to reappear

Reniger 06-23-2016 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by discskavenger (Post 3021503)
Do they make a fd in a lighter weight then 175?

My G-Line 166g is an understable money maker! Suuuuper easy hyzer-flip to anny shots for 340' and under. Makes a great roller even for my CRAP roller game, but I mostly use it for long turnovers and getting around longer corners than I feel comfortable with my sidearm. It hyzer-flips flat, then takes a nice turn before settling back to flat. Definitely a unique flight to most understable discs that tend to burn me, the light G-FD is still stable enough to hold on for a full flight.

rarintal 07-01-2016 05:43 PM

Still trying to catch up! keep it coming!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reniger (Post 2995806)
The new Mega Huks look awesome! Any chance of those being released on other molds?

Yes, however it is kind of hard to stamp so it may be limited to what we make on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinnerfan (Post 2997576)
In the last 6 months I've gone from having random discs in my bag, to a 99% Discmania bag (still gotta have that gator in there. Unless you guys release a gator-esque mid ;)) Love your discs, and recently hit my first ace with an Eagle Glow MD3. So yeah, thanks for being awesome and making a quality product! Now for the beef...

Just noticed you guys snuck the S-Line MD in your store. Any chance there will be a Shield stamp run of that coming soon?

Yeah, its coming soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpikeHyzer (Post 3002418)
My apologies in advance for the wishlist post...

How long until a regular prod release for the C-DDx? The S-Line's are ok, but need something that has just a notch more stability to it.

Also, any timeline on MF MD3's? I really like the MF FD3, so I'm guessing the MF MD3 could be money as well.

Also, any thoughts on S-Line P1x's?

I can tell you the C-DDx is coming. I just cant say when. S-P1x is interesting. Were going to work on getting still P-LINE first.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vogurt (Post 3002584)
I think I saw a screenshot of a metal flake mid. Hopefully a flat MD3.

Any news on P line FD's? I saw a few on infinite disc, but I'd rather grab a stack from a DM official run.

And, same question regarding C-line or MF DDX. Tryna kick out the destroyers :) Than all that's left is my hyzerbomb mortar

We will be working on getting more FDs in stock and the Metal Flake DDx will be available at the Discmania Store at some point this year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hurricaine (Post 3006360)
Oh my god, The C-line MD is amazing. One of the most underrated discs ive thrown. For perspective i play am1 golf. 450 accurate distance. Playing a shorter course this weekend, the MD helped me shoot a 986 and 976 rounds of golf! very very straight disc with 0 fade and some tiny turn. Great job Discmania.

Yes, it is a fantastic flying disc. Weve found it to be able shape almost every type of shot here in California. Were really happy it helped you shoot better!

Quote:

Originally Posted by okiebullgod (Post 3006758)
Did you guys come up with your own blend of star plastic? The cd2's and DDX's I've purchased lately are really shiny.

Its very slightly different.

Quote:

Originally Posted by crater77 (Post 3007263)
When will we see some max weight D-line p2? I swear it's the hardest to find disc out there. Lots of my buddies locally looking for them as well.

Sorry about that, we were out for a while. We just recently were able to get more stock. Well do our best to keep that disc in stock. We know you guys really like the D-LINE P2.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maskedavenger (Post 3007542)
i seen them say they are looking to make some in 1-2 weeks. beside any new molds/plastic requests this must be the most common thing they get asked for. seen it like 20 times in different contexts

Yeah, we werent prepared. Were working on ways to keep it in stock better!

Quote:

Originally Posted by maskedavenger (Post 3007551)
Is there a specific reason(s) why a molds first debut in S-line seems to be swirly s-line lately? Recent culprits include CD2, MD3, DDx, PDX at least...

Well, at the Discmania Store we like to try to bring the most successful version of the disc to the market first. So the Swirl is a unique way to offer a cool and exciting new disc to more customers. We know there is a group of you waiting for solid colors. Youve been heard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenga54 (Post 3007612)
Probably sold like crazy so they'll stick to it. I'm a fan of SLine but not swirly - for throwers - but I don't think these are meant to be throwers anyway.

Most people really like the aesthetics of the swirls so we like to give them what they like.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strauss (Post 3008066)
Will you hopefully be getting more shield patches in stock in the future? I have my Octothorpe on order, and really want to swag up my new bag with a sweet Discmania patch when it arrives next month!

We have them in stock now!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Um... (Post 3009260)
Any plans for the PDx to go into full production?

There are plans for it to into full production but not for a while still. Fun fact the PDx was originally found when we were looking to make the FD3. It was too fast and not overstable enough to hold that spot in the lineup. However, we really like it to so we found a spot for it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reniger (Post 3011481)
Shipping is still pretty outrageous, but you can still get a buck off (10%) with DGS-ST-JUDE, so $25 for two discs with a sick stamp isn't bad.

We have made and adjustment and finally gotten the USPS to get us better shipping options. As a new company it is sometimes hard to get better rates. Rest assured its one of those things that were searching for weekly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictorB (Post 3011485)
Any ideas as to when there will be another run of the DDx? I snagged a couple of S-Lines and would like to get a stack for backups/field work (in colors I prefer, too)

They should be available shortly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strauss (Post 3014401)
The flat top glows are not as stable as the domey ones. I've found that more dome equals more stability on every plastic for the MD3. Chances are that your S-line will be just as stable, if not more stable than the flat top glows.

I'm still on the hunt for an "overstable" MD3.

We hear you. We are on a mission to make a more overstable midrange driver. But these things take time. Especially because we like to be particular with our discs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasteddie (Post 3016115)
your prices and shipping are absurd, sadly I know I'm not alone in fact that I've taken my buisness elsewhere. Seems like DM has effectivly priced out A LOT of your long time supporters. agreed reign, the mid line still lacks an overstable mold dispite the md3 being labled as such.

Were sorry about that. We know our pricing is not the best. Thats why we strive for the absolute best service we can provide. And the MD3 thing. We know that its not overstable and probably should be a 2 fade on the disc. However its probably one of the best point and shoot midrange so we really dont want to be tweaking it that much. We are working on trying to find a solution for this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasteddie (Post 3016366)
my hasty lunch break post was poorly phrased and not constructive, sorry about the aggro.

Its ok. All feedback is good for us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maskedavenger (Post 3016535)
i have a hard time thinking the postage pricing is to put more $$ in DM pockets. more likely for some reason they have yet been unsuccessful in getting a good deal going with the delivery companies (that put the $$ in their pockets at the moment)

We did not have a good deal. However, were getting better at getting better pricing for you guys!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reniger (Post 3016565)
I'm also a bit bitter about the shipping costs and lack of option for a standard First Class instead of Priority Mail. However, I will whole-heartedly cheer for the excellent speed of delivery. They may only have an option for 2-day shipping, but they package and ship their product quicker than most online retailers outside of Amazon.

Weve added 1st class and still strive for the best service possible for you guys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by crater77 (Post 3016728)
I buy from infinitediscs. They have lower pricing, cheaper shipping and insanely fast shipping. Love discmania but the new pricing sucks. $7 shipping also sucks.

Were working on it at all times. Rest assured one day well get the best pricing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rol6566 (Post 3017052)
Hard to see how Innova store has free shipping at $75, and discmania has no free shipping other than the promotions they run

Were sorry we cant offer free shipping. We wouldnt be able to make money to help develop our brand into one of the biggest on the market.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenga54 (Post 3017055)
They are not the same company, so that's how

yes, they make our product for us

Quote:

Originally Posted by Um... (Post 3018644)
If you're talking about PD's, 4th runs are long gone (they're up to 8th runs now).

There were two different '4th' run PD's; more of the firm, slightly more opaque C-Line plastic that had some dome and flew with a touch of turn and less fade - AND - the first run of Jolly Launcher C-line plastic, which were flatter, more translucent, slightly softer, and more high speed stable with a heavy fade.

If you want a PD with no turn and a strong fade, 7th/8th runs are what you're looking for. If you're looking for one with a bit of wiggle in it's flight, then look for a non-pat# Freak stamp S-line.

Give the CD2 a shot. You might be delightfully surprised in the flight. The 4th run PD was much more understable than almost all runs of the PD.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maskedavenger (Post 3018740)
FB said they now have a cheaper option for 1-2 discs.

Yes we do!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jlee (Post 3018650)
I like the softer pearly 4th runs with the dome. But i cant seem to find them :( and i have a s line with no patents, its a firebird haha

try the CD2!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reniger (Post 3018753)
Sure do! Loaded up two discs, got shipping quote, and there was a $4 option. Awesome to see that they are listening to the fan base and delivering upon requests. :thmbup:

We really do try our best!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferretdance03 (Post 3019132)
But but but I want a flat OS one...

Were working on it. Its been another one of those discs weve been looking to create for over a year. Well let it loose when its perfect!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LADamon (Post 3023600)
Still waiting for the DDx to reappear

Soon!

Thank you all for supporting Discmania and giving us important feedback on ways we can help our fans and grow our brand to be one of the biggest and best brands in the game.

Reniger 07-01-2016 06:09 PM

rarintal; We most definitely appreciate your interaction and consideration. The new shipping option is freaking AWESOME and will certainly mean I'll be grabbing even more DM discs. Being a relatively new company, I completely understand the struggle of negotiating logistics pricing. However, everything I've tried from DM, I've loved. I went from mostly Prodigy to almost entirely Discmania and Reptilian (have to support the DGCR local boutique)

The MD3 is a FANTASTIC disc, but I'm still needing to carry a more overstable mid for that "never turns flat" slot. I would love to have an MD4 - Gator/Hornet/Verdict slot - but understand that developing new molds is an incredibly time consuming and expensive endeavor.

Keep up the great work! I will love to continue supporting the brand, and the great store. (keep the wicked awesome stamps coming - DDx Lion/PDx/DGWT) ;)

Peter S 07-05-2016 12:37 PM

I am happy to see the P3 is here is S-line. However, a bit upset to see there has been a re-tool on the original. I love the feel of my D-line P3 and just wanted that disc in S-line. I will still try the new S line P3 but may wait for a regular production run.

To help me decide can you please post a picture of a first run D-line & new S-line (laid flat side by side).

SpikeHyzer 07-05-2016 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rarintal (Post 3029401)
S-P1x is interesting.

As an avid P1x thrower in all plastics...this too interests me a great deal. Also, some big shield stamped P1x's would be fantastic.

And as always, thanks for taking the time to respond to all of our yearnings and quibbles. Hope the biking is going well for you.

bogeyfreetilinfinity 07-20-2016 03:52 AM

still no s-line fd2s?

Dinnerfan 07-20-2016 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bogeyfreetilinfinity (Post 3038664)
still no s-line fd2s?

Just curious (as a thrower of the FD2) what could the S-Line bring that the C doesn't already provide?

Jenga54 07-20-2016 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinnerfan (Post 3038678)
Just curious (as a thrower of the FD2) what could the S-Line bring that the C doesn't already provide?

S Line Plastic.

DinosaurThunder 07-20-2016 11:42 AM

I prefer s-line's for forehand, would beat in differently and nice for winter/rain golf. Some of the c-lines came out so domey too! A flat s-line would be the bee's knee's.

Reniger 07-20-2016 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinnerfan (Post 3038678)
Just curious (as a thrower of the FD2) what could the S-Line bring that the C doesn't already provide?

For me, it's just a feel thing. I prefer softer and grippier plastic. Also, they do beat in a little easier so you can have different shots out of the same mold.

Dinnerfan 07-21-2016 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reniger (Post 3038791)
For me, it's just a feel thing. I prefer softer and grippier plastic. Also, they do beat in a little easier so you can have different shots out of the same mold.

Gotcha. The FD2 fits more of a utility function for myself. Just didn't seem like the multiple plastic/multiple stages of wear type of disc, but totally understand the preference in plastic. Thanks guys!

Flick Maniac 07-22-2016 03:37 AM

^same here. Dunno. I kinda feel like SFD2 would beat into something DM already has in their lineup out of the box (or almost out of the box) in C-line. The flight of the flat CFD2s suits my game exactly like so, and I dont wish it would beat into anything else.

clard 08-04-2016 02:20 PM

Love you DM, but the 9th run PDs are not more stable than the 8th runs. They are a little less stable, BUT I think they are AMAZING! They go ridiculously far while still taking as much power as you can give them. I'm actually incredibly impressed with them, but I would change the description on the store page so that people don't think they are getting something more stable than the 8th runs.

Cranky 08-05-2016 04:35 AM

I noticed there's a 6th run of C-Line FDs available. Can't wait to try it! Can we expect metal flake FD's at the Discmania store or is this a fundraiser-only disc? Hopefully there's some in lighter weights too (166-169) :)

ill4mation 08-08-2016 12:38 PM

Can we get s cd2s in solid colors. Swirls are cool but it's a crap shoot on what color you get.

Flick Maniac 08-09-2016 06:20 AM

dunno if its just me but i think of the about 20 swirlies across different molds i have had, like 80% were somewhere in the peach range of colors. the outliers always something blue-greeney. i dont mind but just wonder why the peach reigns the day

Jenga54 08-09-2016 08:14 AM

If you go too swirly you get mush. Swirly was great when you have a single color with a swirl of another color. Swirly with 3 colors is amazing. Then there's a fine line when you leave multicolor swirly and it all melts together into peach mush or bluegreengrey mush.

Jenga54 08-09-2016 08:17 AM

So it's possible all the good colors are still in their racks, and the first releases are the end of the runs where all the colors have run together like the end of Easter egg dying with a bunch of toddlers.

Jenga54 08-17-2016 12:41 AM

If this is worse than $2 extra per disc it must be a big deal. Hard to say though since we know nothing other than you made some ** swears and told half a story on a forum. So I think I'll disregard until there's an actual story here

rarintal 08-18-2016 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reniger (Post 3029421)
rarintal; We most definitely appreciate your interaction and consideration. The new shipping option is freaking AWESOME and will certainly mean I'll be grabbing even more DM discs. Being a relatively new company, I completely understand the struggle of negotiating logistics pricing. However, everything I've tried from DM, I've loved. I went from mostly Prodigy to almost entirely Discmania and Reptilian (have to support the DGCR local boutique)

The MD3 is a FANTASTIC disc, but I'm still needing to carry a more overstable mid for that "never turns flat" slot. I would love to have an MD4 - Gator/Hornet/Verdict slot - but understand that developing new molds is an incredibly time consuming and expensive endeavor.

Keep up the great work! I will love to continue supporting the brand, and the great store. (keep the wicked awesome stamps coming - DDx Lion/PDx/DGWT) ;)

Thank you for the kind words - We are working on the MD4 but as you all know we will make sure it's perfect before it comes out. That is another one that has been on our radar for a while.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter S (Post 3030643)
I am happy to see the P3 is here is S-line. However, a bit upset to see there has been a re-tool on the original. I love the feel of my D-line P3 and just wanted that disc in S-line. I will still try the new S line P3 but may wait for a regular production run.

To help me decide can you please post a picture of a first run D-line & new S-line (laid flat side by side).

Thank you for the feedback. One problem we had with the P3 is that is was not overstable enough we molded it up in premium plastic. So, that's the reason for the reinvention of the mold. We got really close this time. We will see if we can replicate it before producing a lot more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpikeHyzer (Post 3030857)
As an avid P1x thrower in all plastics...this too interests me a great deal. Also, some big shield stamped P1x's would be fantastic.

And as always, thanks for taking the time to respond to all of our yearnings and quibbles. Hope the biking is going well for you.

Thank you for the suggestion! My biking is doing great - It's great to get healthy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bogeyfreetilinfinity (Post 3038664)
still no s-line fd2s?

This is true. We have been busy working on the DDx. Rest assured we've heard you. There's not time table when we will make this but it is planned at some point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinnerfan (Post 3038678)
Just curious (as a thrower of the FD2) what could the S-Line bring that the C doesn't already provide?

It would probably be a straighter flight based on the S-LINE plastic. Most of the time when we introduce something in S-LINE the plastic allows the player to get more grip which usually equals more spin. With more spin the disc usually has a straighter flight or even a slight drift can be seen in the flight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenga54 (Post 3038778)
S Line Plastic.

True!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DinosaurThunder (Post 3038788)
I prefer s-line's for forehand, would beat in differently and nice for winter/rain golf. Some of the c-lines came out so domey too! A flat s-line would be the bee's knee's.

We're working on getting the C-LINE FD2 flatter (even though they aren't as overstable as they're supposed to be) because you guys like the feel of the flat disc better!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reniger (Post 3038791)
For me, it's just a feel thing. I prefer softer and grippier plastic. Also, they do beat in a little easier so you can have different shots out of the same mold.

Thanks for the solid reasoning!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinnerfan (Post 3039299)
Gotcha. The FD2 fits more of a utility function for myself. Just didn't seem like the multiple plastic/multiple stages of wear type of disc, but totally understand the preference in plastic. Thanks guys!

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maskedavenger (Post 3039855)
^same here. Dunno. I kinda feel like SFD2 would beat into something DM already has in their lineup out of the box (or almost out of the box) in C-line. The flight of the flat CFD2s suits my game exactly like so, and I dont wish it would beat into anything else.

It would probably go more towards the FD's flight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by clard (Post 3046028)
Love you DM, but the 9th run PDs are not more stable than the 8th runs. They are a little less stable, BUT I think they are AMAZING! They go ridiculously far while still taking as much power as you can give them. I'm actually incredibly impressed with them, but I would change the description on the store page so that people don't think they are getting something more stable than the 8th runs.

Hmmm.. The ones we tested were definitely more overstable. We have had this report from only a few. Maybe it was a certain color that was this way. Can you please comment on the specifics of your disc?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranky (Post 3046366)
I noticed there's a 6th run of C-Line FDs available. Can't wait to try it! Can we expect metal flake FD's at the Discmania store or is this a fundraiser-only disc? Hopefully there's some in lighter weights too (166-169) :)

Thank you! They are there and in lighter weights!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ill4mation (Post 3047454)
Can we get s cd2s in solid colors. Swirls are cool but it's a crap shoot on what color you get.

At the moment we are working on our plan for next year and introducing the CD2 in S-LINE is a possibility. If you call in or email we can certainly help you find a color/swirl combo that you are looking for! If we ran it in one solid color would you have a preference?

Quote:

Originally Posted by maskedavenger (Post 3047851)
dunno if its just me but i think of the about 20 swirlies across different molds i have had, like 80% were somewhere in the peach range of colors. the outliers always something blue-greeney. i dont mind but just wonder why the peach reigns the day

We have a few colors that make the best swirls - red and blue are two of them. So with the Red (which gives the most contrast) sometimes we get a hue to the rest of the disc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenga54 (Post 3047862)
If you go too swirly you get mush. Swirly was great when you have a single color with a swirl of another color. Swirly with 3 colors is amazing. Then there's a fine line when you leave multicolor swirly and it all melts together into peach mush or bluegreengrey mush.

It is hard - we're trying!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenga54 (Post 3047863)
So it's possible all the good colors are still in their racks, and the first releases are the end of the runs where all the colors have run together like the end of Easter egg dying with a bunch of toddlers.

Yes, we usually make around 8 boxes per run. Some goes to custom jobs like Supreme Flight and Huk Lab. Others are used for Fundraiser/Tournament discs and we take a portion for the Discmania Store!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenga54 (Post 3052618)
If this is worse than $2 extra per disc it must be a big deal. Hard to say though since we know nothing other than you made some ** swears and told half a story on a forum. So I think I'll disregard until there's an actual story here

Hmmmm. That post seems to be deleted.

rarintal 08-18-2016 12:21 PM

There was a post recently claiming our CEO (Jussi) had treated one of our Promoters (Eric) poorly. From hearing both sides of this story - much of it was based on what someone had heard through someone else. It was never stated directly to one another. I think this is much like when people play the telephone game. You know you have several people and the first person is the person to start the phrase and passes it to the second person and it's their job to pass it all the way down to the end. Usually what happens is person by person it changes a little bit and by the end it often does not come even close to what was originally said or in the context it was delivered.

I'll just address this right now - Eric Oakley has decided to leave Discmania as an employee. From the discussion I had with him personally - Eric would like to chase his passion as a touring player rather than Promoter/Tour Manager. Eric is a wildly passionate individual, this is what make him fun to watch and fun to be around (as you all know). Unfortunately in this situation speculation has won the best of both sides and it's best to let Eric take the road to fully engulf himself in the passion as a player. We were taken by surprise as I assume were all of you when Eric posted the picture of an ace at Pro Worlds with a Dynamic Discs driver. Eric has told us he will most likely but using a mixed bag of discs which will include some of our pro favorites (P2, FD & CD2 for example). If he does stop using our discs because of a new sponsorship opportunity we will never forget the passion and spirit Eric brought us as a Player, Employee and Co-worker.

Thank you Eric for your time and enthusiasm - we applaud you for your passion and your desire to chase your dreams. That same desire is the reason Eric and Discmania merged in the first place. I will personally take this lesson to heart and I hope our paths cross again in the future - I mean Discmania is chasing the dream of making the best possible discs to play the game and trying to create even bigger dreams for all of you to be able to chase. There's probably a chance we'll meet up again :)

Cheers,
Ryan


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.