Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Infinite Discs Sphinx (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131469)

SD86 06-24-2018 10:09 PM

Garrett Gurthie (hope I spelled that right) used a Sphinx at the Utah Open to throw a roller on the triple mando hole (no. 10, I think). Did pretty well, too. 'Course, GG throws a little farther than I do. ;)

BrotherDave 06-24-2018 11:07 PM

SPHINX!

Brockness Monster 02-25-2019 06:21 PM

Picked up an I-Blend Sphinx. Plastic feels exactly like the newest run of Pro Teebirds, but of course the Sphinx was out first. I presume that Innova saw that people liked I-Blend and were like "People hate the way Pro Teebirds fly, I wonder if this plastic will fly better". Haven't been able to throw it yet, but I plan to remedy that this afternoon.

josiahv 10-22-2019 10:31 AM

Reviving an older thread. Not sure why this is in "Other" instead of "Discs".

I just ordered a MF Glow C-blend Sphinx. What am getting into? Hoping for a longer FD type of flight when new - a complement to my champ roadrunner.

SD86 10-22-2019 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by josiahv (Post 3510479)
Reviving an older thread. Not sure why this is in "Other" instead of "Discs".

Infinite is an "other" brand of discs; ergo, the choice of that label.

Quote:

Originally Posted by josiahv (Post 3510479)
I just ordered a MF Glow C-blend Sphinx. What am getting into? Hoping for a longer FD type of flight when new - a complement to my champ roadrunner.

You are getting into a whole lotta fun. The Sphinx is allegedly a Valkyrie top and Roadrunner bottom, and it flies very well. It might be a good bit like your Champ Roadrunner, especially at first, but the good news is that you get to have fun throwing it while figuring all that out. :thmbup: :popcorn:

josiahv 10-22-2019 08:04 PM

Ah, that makes sense regarding the "other" I thought that was the thread "category"

josiahv 10-22-2019 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD86 (Post 3510499)
You are getting into a whole lotta fun. The Sphinx is allegedly a Valkyrie top and Roadrunner bottom, and it flies very well. It might be a good bit like your Champ Roadrunner, especially at first, but the good news is that you get to have fun throwing it while figuring all that out. :thmbup: :popcorn:

I was hoping it would be noticeably more stable than my roadrunner in the metal flake glow plastic. Have you thrown that run specifically?

TKWolverine 10-23-2019 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by josiahv (Post 3510778)
I was hoping it would be noticeably more stable than my roadrunner in the metal flake glow plastic. Have you thrown that run specifically?

I have, and I think you'll be pleased. The metal flake glow is considerably more stable than the I-Blend.