Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Official Ask Discmania Thread (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103883)

dehaas 12-06-2021 12:56 PM

Slightly humorous how many first run md1’s popped up for sale on the FB groups after it was announced to be in the mystery box.

seedlings 12-06-2021 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robdeforge (Post 3773119)
cloudbreaker on the 16. unless you meant stock dd3?

Interesting. No mention on their website home page?

Edit: I see it after selecting Dd3 under discs

robdeforge 12-06-2021 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seedlings (Post 3773157)
Interesting. No mention on their website home page?

Edit: I see it after selecting Dd3 under discs

these days I get most of my discmania news, especially about upcoming releases, from their instagram page

seedlings 12-06-2021 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robdeforge (Post 3773164)
these days I get most of my discmania news, especially about upcoming releases, from their instagram page

Noted. When will be the first shop without a website at all, only Instagram?

robdeforge 12-06-2021 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seedlings (Post 3773170)
Noted. When will be the first shop without a website at all, only Instagram?

oh god.... hopefully nobody ever, but probably prodigy ;)

Discmania_Support 12-07-2021 01:08 PM

Discmania Support Reply
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolt (Post 3772962)
Will the new MD1 ever be à stock disc or was this just a “test”? How close to a mako 3 is it?

But stock and Dscmania is hard to say in the same sentence…. Will they ever make stock disc or continue make smal runs the can sell out in minutes?

The MD1 will definitely be a stock release in early 2021. Europe just recently restocked on P2 and MD3, it looks like the MD3 may be sold out there. However, all stock discs of most things will not really run out too often in 2022. We believe your opinion is going to change :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emoney (Post 3773140)
The big question for collectors will be...will this be the only release of the CB3 OR will they be produced in 2022 as well?

Cloud Breaker will be made again as another release later on but the CB3 will have just this one release.

Quote:

Originally Posted by robdeforge (Post 3773164)
these days I get most of my discmania news, especially about upcoming releases, from their instagram page

The "What's Next" page is generally a great place to check for new information, often times weeks in advance to an upcoming release.

https://www.discmania.net/pages/next

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillFleming (Post 3773142)
The question is "will the MD1 sell"? I asked a local disc store if they had them in, they let me know it was a mystery box only offering...and that if the MD1 was made available for stores they wouldn't carry it. When the MD1 was available, the store lost lots of money on them as they don't sell.

I have a feeling that people will get the mystery box and put the MD1 up for sale as being a unique/rare disc with hopes to get enough money to pay off the mystery box.

We shall see! This is fortunately not the MD1 of the past so it's very possible that they aren't aware this is something entirely different than they've carried before. Our guess is that if Simon likes it, their sales probably will too.

DiscT 12-07-2021 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discmania_Support (Post 3773446)
The MD1 will definitely be a stock release in early 2021. Europe just recently restocked on P2 and MD3, it looks like the MD3 may be sold out there. However, all stock discs of most things will not really run out too often in 2022. We believe your opinion is going to change :)



Cloud Breaker will be made again as another release later on but the CB3 will have just this one release.



The "What's Next" page is generally a great place to check for new information, often times weeks in advance to an upcoming release.

https://www.discmania.net/pages/next



We shall see! This is fortunately not the MD1 of the past so it's very possible that they aren't aware this is something entirely different than they've carried before. Our guess is that if Simon likes it, their sales probably will too.



What do P2 variations look like for the future? When can we expect flex 1 and 3, specialty stamps, C-line for throwing putters, possibly even glow plastic and the return of the Imperial Eagle???

Discmania_Support 12-08-2021 02:30 PM

Discmania Support Reply
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscT (Post 3773534)
What do P2 variations look like for the future? When can we expect flex 1 and 3, specialty stamps, C-line for throwing putters, possibly even glow plastic and the return of the Imperial Eagle???

No official timeline on any of those yet but you'll receive some good news soon on at least one of them. Sorry that's not super helpful.

DiscT 12-09-2021 09:27 AM

So why do you Discmaniacs think Simon didn’t get a signature disc this season? Obviously he was injured, missed half of the tour, and didn’t perform very well; but on the other hand, he’s still being used as a Discmania poster child. Especially with the relaunch of the P2 and it’s [semi]consistent production, why wouldn’t DM drop a Sky God? Every primary DM player on tour got a signature disc (Perkins, Klein, Montgomery, and even Eagle X2). Why skip over the player who is featured in every single release video?? Curious your thoughts…

Agarner14 12-09-2021 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscT (Post 3773937)
So why do you Discmaniacs think Simon didn’t get a signature disc this season? Obviously he was injured, missed half of the tour, and didn’t perform very well; but on the other hand, he’s still being used as a Discmania poster child. Especially with the relaunch of the P2 and it’s [semi]consistent production, why wouldn’t DM drop a Sky God? Every primary DM player on tour got a signature disc (Perkins, Klein, Montgomery, and even Eagle X2). Why skip over the player who is featured in every single release video?? Curious your thoughts…

To be fair, Simon has probably had one of the more sought-after releases of the year, the Tilt. I think DM is still in the early stages of playing catch-up with production and special releases. All things considered, it has actually been a pretty epic fall, at least in my opinion - the MD3, Meta Tilt, RazorClaw 2, Zen, Midnight Prowl, etc all have been pretty quality releases. We have the Cloud Breaker 3 coming next week, I think it is very likely that we will see a Simon release of some kind over the coming month or two. I think DM is very deliberate with the timing of their releases and want to sprinkle it out through the winter/spring leading into next season.

Those are just my thoughts.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.