Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tournaments & Leagues (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2015 Pro Worlds (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108510)

BigE 08-18-2014 10:56 AM

2015 Pro Worlds

I am planning on attending this event. Any chance someone with some knowledge on the subject could link any videos of the courses to be used. I have looked but I don't have any knowledge of the area and it makes it hard with not knowing the tournaments or the course that they may use. Also any recommendations on central locations to stay besides the host hotel. I want to bring my family so if there is a place that is interesting to stay at please let me know:)

FYI I saw a old thread from 2012 so I thought maybe a new fresh thread was needed since things change so fast in the planning of a Pro Worlds.

optidiscic 08-18-2014 11:02 AM

I would like to know what courses will actually be used and by what divisions etc

JohtoVillage 08-18-2014 11:48 AM

Quote:

I would like to know what courses will actually be used and by what divisions etc
Yeah, I would be curious as well. I was a little surprised to see Pittsburgh get worlds because it seemed they are light on courses.

I hope Deer Lakes and Moraine are used but Moraine is a bit of a drive.

Knob Hill, in my opinion, is one of the most overrated courses I have ever played. I was not impressed with that course at all but I think I am in the minority. I am sure that course will be used.

Besides those three, what else is Worlds Caliber in the area? Schenley Park is probably not Worlds Caliber so maybe some 9 hole courses will get upgraded.

Cgkdisc 08-18-2014 12:20 PM

Slippery Rock is the 4th.

Halcón 08-18-2014 12:22 PM

Is it too early to say Ricky Wysocki, World Champion?

sidewinder22 08-18-2014 12:27 PM

Linbrook and 2 Mile Run are world class but only 9 holes. I believe Slippery Rock is going to be used which isn't far from Morraine. I like Knob Hill, but I can see some issues using it with some close fairways. Schenley would be tough logistics wise. It would be cool to see the Black Course used, but that's just too far.

steinkecm 08-18-2014 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigSky (Post 2548881)
Is it too early to say Ricky Wysocki, World Champion?

Yes. It was too early to say Ricky Wysocki, World Champion, when he was up 6 with 7 holes to go in the Semis.

HarkeyPuck 08-18-2014 12:30 PM

He does kill it at the PFDO!

Slippery Rock has been upgraded to 18 holes.

Moraine, Slippery Rock, Deer Lakes & Knob Hill.

Knob Hill Pro Tees (fly pads) to C pins is a completely different course from White Tees (concrete) to either A or B pins. And not positive, but there may be added pin positions for Worlds if there is room for them at Knob.

JohtoVillage 08-18-2014 12:41 PM

Quote:

Linbrook and 2 Mile Run are world class but only 9 holes. I believe Slippery Rock is going to be used which isn't far from Morraine. I like Knob Hill, but I can see some issues using it with some close fairways. Schenley would be tough logistics wise. It would be cool to see the Black Course used, but that's just too far.
So only 4 courses will be used for Worlds next year? I imagine it will be a smaller field then right? Knob Hill really bothered me with the overlapping fairways and close quarters.

Hampstead 08-18-2014 12:43 PM

My knees are not fans of Knob Hill.