Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   PD v Thunderbird? (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119569)

Dr.Smooth 12-21-2015 12:34 PM

I shouldn't comment as I have not thrown these enough. But the thunderbird looks wise is nearly flawless in its mold aerodynamics. I would go out on a limb and say that the thunderbird is the best molded disc in the 9/10 speed category. Period. And I'm a triology thrower!

The PD has a unique hook/lip thing on its wing. Very subtle.

I can't really say which is more accurate, more os, etc....

But I can say this the thunderbird nearly a perfect mold aerodynamically speaking not just looks smoother in the flight plate but goes further. But that distance may be because of higher glide content.

The pd feels a bit better in the hand I think. I think.

We really need an expert here on this one!

Broken Shoulder 12-21-2015 01:07 PM

^^ I can't even...

clard 12-21-2015 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Smooth (Post 2911362)
I shouldn't comment as I have not thrown these enough. But the thunderbird looks wise is nearly flawless in its mold aerodynamics. I would go out on a limb and say that the thunderbird is the best molded disc in the 9/10 speed category. Period. And I'm a triology thrower!

The PD has a unique hook/lip thing on its wing. Very subtle.

I can't really say which is more accurate, more os, etc....

But I can say this the thunderbird nearly a perfect mold aerodynamically speaking not just looks smoother in the flight plate but goes further. But that distance may be because of higher glide content.

The pd feels a bit better in the hand I think. I think.

We really need an expert here on this one!

Wut?

Kodachrome 12-21-2015 01:25 PM

NOW WITH 28% MORE GLIDE CONTENT

Kodachrome 12-21-2015 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xare (Post 2911349)
5 pages and nobody brings up the mold pieces??

Thunderbird = Teebird top & Firebird bottom
PD = Anhyzer top & Firebird bottom

The PD is a tick faster and has more fade. Thunderbird glides more and fades less. You should be getting about 20' to 30' more out of a PD flight than you do a Thunderbird (but the glide can even it out, especially if you can't get a PD to turn or fly straight). With a low ceiling shot - the PD will always go further than the Thunderbird. In the end though, you really can't go wrong with either - I'd go Thunderbird if I bagged 11-speed drivers too, but would stick with the PD if you went with 12+ speed drivers.

This makes no sense. The rim widths are the same. And if you're going based on tops, well, first that makes no sense and second teebirds fly really far.

What are we talking about again?

DiscinFiend 12-21-2015 01:33 PM

I have a stack of C-PDs & a stack of Champion Thunderbirds, all max weight. I've carried two PDs (one fresh & one beat up) in my bag for a few years now. I was hoping my Thunderbirds would kick the PDs out of my bag. Mostly because Thunderbirds are easier to replace & are more common in the disc shops in my area. I prefer to feel up my discs in person as opposed to buying them online. I just couldn't bring myself to bag both molds (Paul McBeth does). The molds are too similar & there was blatantly obvious overlap. I actually like that PDs (in general) have less glide. I've found my PDs to be more consistent on windy days. If I need the extra distance I'll just pull out one of my Destroyers. I don't know what it is (probably just because I've been throwing them longer) but I feel my sidearm is more consistent/accurate with my PDs.

Aim For The Chains 12-21-2015 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodachrome (Post 2911415)
NOW WITH 28% MORE GLIDE CONTENT

Sounds right to me.

jct7018 01-12-2016 08:15 PM

The s-pd I had was not very hss came back more than the thunderbird though. The champ thunderbirds and champ metal flakes have been more the straight driver. The gstar thunderbird is great for me for standstill shots where I need max distance and I still can flip it over. The same is for me with max weight destroyers vs bosses. Pretty much same landing spot but the destroyer in any plastic I've had (first run cfr, star, aj, Paul, glow champ, whatever) flip more for me the first 300 feet. The bosses can handle more for how I throw.

ODRB 01-12-2016 08:25 PM

So your glow champ destroyers are flippy for the first 300 feet?

fasteddie 01-13-2016 04:00 PM

Wut?