Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Disc Golf Courses (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Highbridge Hills II - Resurrection (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133113)

da Crippler 08-19-2019 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve2000 (Post 3487312)
So if I've got a group of 5-6 folks and we're planning on camping sept 7 and 8, do we need a reservation? Just show up like in years past and grab a site at chestnut?

It's been a while but we used to go every year.

Text Tom at 715-579-4487 for a campsite, $20 a night for up to 6 people. 25 sites w/fire rings at each site. New toilets, hot showers.

roggenb3 08-19-2019 09:26 PM

Who won Open? ...seems odd that scores are still not up.

DanJon 08-19-2019 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roggenb3 (Post 3487500)

Probably no internet up there eh?

Consult20 08-19-2019 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roggenb3 (Post 3487500)

99% sure Andrew Brown from Madison won. sketchy cell service on the hill, it comes & goes.

Rob & Brandon are kicking butt up there with the mowing, courses were spectacular. Bear will be too very shortly, they are on a mission to get it mowed.

Blueberry wasn't used in the tourney (Woodlands was instead) -- too bad, Blueberry is awesome!

jeremyhilss 08-20-2019 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consult20 (Post 3487546)
99% sure Andrew Brown from Madison won. sketchy cell service on the hill, it comes & goes.

Rob & Brandon are kicking butt up there with the mowing, courses were spectacular. Bear will be too very shortly, they are on a mission to get it mowed.

Blueberry wasn't used in the tourney (Woodlands was instead) -- too bad, Blueberry is awesome!

Not only was everything mowed, everything was GOLF COURSE QUALITY mowed; I'm talking most fairways were short enough for lots of skips; it was impeccable.

It doesn't even look like the same place anymore - that "rough edge" is completely gone, and I would suspect this place being capable of an A Tier or National Tour event, if all stays as is, or continues improving.

And even though Blueberry wasn't used, it was in just as great of a shape as all the other courses.

da Crippler 08-20-2019 06:48 AM

Andrew Snippen of Chesterfields DGC just started a Gofundme page for course maintenance and campground improvements. Here is your chance to invest in what we think will eventually be the best disc golf megaplex in the western hemisphere. Thank you Snip!!!<3

https://www.gofundme.com/f/highbridg...-YftUzWNDqW16A

da Crippler 08-20-2019 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanJon (Post 3487507)
Probably no internet up there eh?

MM and Chuck K were talking yesterday about a small cell tower to serve the campground and the hill. Lager and Brooke were having a hard time getting a signal with everyone on their phones at the same time.

Cgkdisc 08-20-2019 09:49 AM

The SSA for a 1000 rated round on that Highbridge Gold layout came out to 64 which coincidentally is the same as the 64 SSA produced at Lake Eureka during the Final round of the Pro World Championship. Highbridge Gold got to 64 without the 6 OB penalties per player that padded the Eureka SSA (per UDisc stats).

roggenb3 08-20-2019 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consult20 (Post 3487546)

Scores went up sometime last night.

I played BB on Monday morning and it was amazing. I like the the new flow with a few holes that got changed up. I will miss old hole 8 though.

DiscJunkie 08-20-2019 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cgkdisc (Post 3487639)
The SSA for a 1000 rated round on that Highbridge Gold layout came out to 64 which coincidentally is the same as the 64 SSA produced at Lake Eureka during the Final round of the Pro World Championship. Highbridge Gold got to 64 without the 6 OB penalties per player that padded the Eureka SSA (per UDisc stats).

Don't remember ever hearing "padded" and "OB" in the same sentence. :\